Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will you be upgrading to Window Vista?

Default Will you be upgrading to Window Vista?

Window Vista launched yesterday in many countries and will be launced today, 31 Jan, in Singapore. There's a fair bit of talk in Cnet and feedback from the editors is that its just an expensive service pack of Windows XP for Vista home and basic edition cos in these 2 editions, the additional security promised by Vista is absent.

Personally, I'm not upgrading to Vista cos I don't see the need. How about you guys? Upgrading?

Default Re: Will you be upgrading to Window Vista?

Yeah, i think i will, at least untill i can afford a MAC.

Quote Originally Posted by yeocolin View Post
    Window Vista launched yesterday in many countries and will be launced today, 31 Jan, in Singapore. There's a fair bit of talk in Cnet and feedback from the editors is that its just an expensive service pack of Windows XP for Vista home and basic edition cos in these 2 editions, the additional security promised by Vista is absent.

Personally, I'm not upgrading to Vista cos I don't see the need. How about you guys? Upgrading?

Yes I will

After being a beta tester on it, I will say why not. However, why bother. I love apple

Not now. Probably after SP1 is released later this year, when Vista look more like a proper operation system.
    SMS Only: Nine One Five Zero Seven Two One Six

In principle, I wouldn't.
    The DRM restrictions on the Vista are just awful and restricting DX10 to Vista is just wrong.
    The idea that people will be forced to upgrade if they want to play future games is a little ludicrous.

I'll be sticking to XP for awhile yet.
    Thinking about getting a Mac for the next system.

Quote Originally Posted by radedward View Post
    The DRM restrictions on the Vista are just awful and restricting DX10 to Vista is just wrong.
    The idea that people will be forced to upgrade if they want to play future games is a little ludicrous.

Does Need For Speed Carbon support Mac?
    SMS Only: Nine One Five Zero Seven Two One Six

Quote Originally Posted by yeocolin View Post

Hi colin,

Being a long time.

I will stay put till the SP2 or something like that come up.

Cheers

Definitely not.

Mircrosoft has truely shown its lack of creativity by copying Mac, so when Leopard comes out this year, I can expect even more groundbreaking innovations.

Why get constraint by Windows lack of creativity and user friendliness and head for the best ever? Leopard and Mac gets my vote I say. It's really not expensive too, as compared to Windows.

I would say the prices are competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by germ_boi View Post
    Definitely not.

Mircrosoft has truely shown its lack of creativity by copying Mac, so when Leopard comes out this year, I can expect even more groundbreaking innovations.

Why get constraint by Windows lack of creativity and user friendliness and head for the best ever? Leopard and Mac gets my vote I say. It's really not expensive too, as compared to Windows.

I would say the prices are competitive.
    i wudn't put too much hope on the next leopard. some screen shot leaks appeared on the web & u have things like themes & parental control (thats really old school). have a laugh reading opinions here but too bad apple made them pull out the screen shots already. http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/software/...ore-231185.php

even the mac fan boys r not impressed.

anyway, i juz bot a laptop & comes with free upgrade to vista. i think the whole vista multiple ver sucks big time!! imagine features u used to have in XP pro, now can only have them back if u r willing to pay a lot more!! oh well... i guess with such strategy to grab money, will only encourage more people using P* copies.

just found another reason not to upgrade that soon

http://www.tomcoyote.org/tech/vista-...our-xp-key/74/

If you choose to purchase an upgrade version of Windows Vista to upgrade XP, you will no longer be able to use that version of XP. Either on another system, or as a dual-boot option. The key will be invalidated, preventing activation.

From Vista’s EULA ....:

13. UPGRADES. To use upgrade software, you must first be licensed for the software that is eligiblefor the upgrade. Upon upgrade, this agreement takes the place of the agreement for the software you upgraded from. After you upgrade, you may no longer use the software you upgraded from.

Quote Originally Posted by GriGri View Post
    Does Need For Speed Carbon support Mac?
    Dunno but I'm happy with Sims 2 on the Mac

Not so soon....

From Vista’s EULA ....:

13. UPGRADES. To use upgrade software, you must first be licensed for the software that is eligiblefor the upgrade. Upon upgrade, this agreement takes the place of the agreement for the software you upgraded from. After you upgrade, you may no longer use the software you upgraded from.

Micro$oft way of forcing the Vista number up.

just found another reason not to upgrade that soon

http://www.tomcoyote.org/tech/vista-...our-xp-key/74/

If you choose to purchase an upgrade version of Windows Vista to upgrade XP, you will no longer be able to use that version of XP. Either on another system, or as a dual-boot option. The key will be invalidated, preventing activation.

From Vista’s EULA ....:

apparently there's a workaround. no need to destroy the old XP & yet can do a clean install from the upgrade disc.

troublesome but works. install vista twice. 1st time install it as 30 day trial. after that install it again as the official upgrade.

Nope. Not impressed with the GUI . I am a sucker for eye candy

Nope. New Microsoft OS usually takes at least 2 yrs to stablize

Got a couple of machines running on RC of vista.

My view:

NO.

2 years later when the hardware catches up with the OS and with SP1 or SP2 - Likely.

maybe a few months later when more programs support vista, then i'll upgrade. btw I own an eyeone, wonder if xrite will still support it

Same sentiments. In additional to this, you will need a much more powerful system just to support Vista.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast