Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Formula 1 Street Circuit in Singapore

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Pacman's Corner
    Posts
    406

    Default Re: Formula 1 Street Circuit in Singapore

    This is . But I can imagine a lot of complains about the noise.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: Formula 1 Street Circuit in Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Jix View Post
    This is . But I can imagine a lot of complains about the noise.
    It is in the city center, and it'll only comes once a year. Who'll complain?
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    456

    Default Re: Formula 1 Street Circuit in Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Jix View Post
    This is . But I can imagine a lot of complains about the noise.
    With this kind of event, certain level of noise is inevitable. If we can bear with the noises from the almost whole year round flying by our fighters, the few days of noise from the racing cars is pale in comparison. Moreover, the circuit is very likely to be in the Marina area, away from the residential area, and the only inconvenience will be the shoppers, public transport and hotels around the vicinity. On the other hand, the economic spinoff from hosting such an event can be very high.

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Pacman's Corner
    Posts
    406

    Default Re: Formula 1 Street Circuit in Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    It is in the city center, and it'll only comes once a year. Who'll complain?
    It would be a three day event in the city center. Saw an F1 race before, and although I like the sound of engines, Im sure some will not like the noise. Somemore, it would be like totally new to the environment, and some people might not like it.

  5. #25
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Formula 1 Street Circuit in Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    With this kind of event, certain level of noise is inevitable. If we can bear with the noises from the almost whole year round flying by our fighters, the few days of noise from the racing cars is pale in comparison. Moreover, the circuit is very likely to be in the Marina area, away from the residential area, and the only inconvenience will be the shoppers, public transport and hotels around the vicinity. On the other hand, the economic spinoff from hosting such an event can be very high.
    Hotels affected?? dun think so..in fact, the proposal to bring in F1 to Singapore is proposed by hotelier Ong Beng Seng..there's one article on Sunday Times(21st Jan 2007)..go read it, its not the first time he made the proposal..hopefully this time round, we will be able to get the approval..if Singapore can allow Casino, I dun see the reason to disallow F1..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dry cabinet!
    Posts
    1,757

    Default Re: Formula 1 Street Circuit in Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    night race how to shoot? prepare for black bg with lots of motion blur.
    well there are people shooting fireworks with flash... so they will be snapping away with HP and compacts when the cars zoom past

  7. #27

    Default Re: Formula 1 Street Circuit in Singapore

    Monaco..anyone?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •