Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trolls....

agree.

But for this case, I just did an equote from cathay, and I only bought that item, the only bargaining I did was to round down the 1 dollar after gst. eg was supposed to be 321 so ask for $320, which salesman agreed. anyway, I did not post because I saw some of the more active membersbidding, so I assume they would have done their homework and anyway $20 for mint condition is still saving.

To give benefit of doubt to the seller who claim that it was a certain amount,perhaps when you call they may quote higher. At the end, everyone should just do their homework before buying or bidding for an item. Too high, don't bid, the seller will automatically reduce anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dawnknight
    personally, i can tolerate what togu cannot tolerate.
    Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by dawnknight
    personally, i can tolerate what togu cannot tolerate.
    Given you don't have much forum ettiqutte, I'm not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by YSLee
    Given you don't have much forum ettiquette, I'm not surprised.
    How did you deduce dawnknight has not much etiquette? that's the first post by dawnknight!!

Its good to hear what others think. True there are those that are Troll, while others who can tolerate cannot be view as troll or no ettiquette. I would like to hear to what extend dawnknight can tolerate what togu says and why, then we can have different views of it. Just like I post some qns above bcos I thought that perhaps I am helping those buyers but in the end I may be inconsiderate, there are other ways to help as pointed out.
    Last edited by pcwe68; 24th August 2003 at 12:47 PM.

I think that the argument of "smart alecks" who love to post unwanted comments about the price in a sell thread will never end. For any price that you post, there is always a price that is lower or was lower available somewhere else at some point in time in some place around. Note that I am not implying any specific person as a smart aleck in this thread, but I will be inclined to think of that person as one if he/she posts alternative prices when that he/she is not even a party to that transaction.

Also, there are other circumstances that are not as obvious.

1. Suppose that I don't like this person, and this person posts an item up for sale, I can spoil that person's for sale thread by putting up a cheaper price for the same item, whether it is (the alternative may still be available) true or not, or if it was (not available) true or not, thereby suggesting that the item is not a worthy purchase.

2. I am interested in the item, but I don't want to pay such a high price. I create two IDs, one to discredit the price of an item in sale and discourage others who are willing to fork out the extra money from buying it, so as to bring it down, and the other ID to make the genuine purchase.

In any case, putting up unwanted posts such as these only serve to cause friction, and that is that.

I personally like a fight, as such I don't care for the feelings of such "smart alecks" and will give them back a load of my feelings as a token of my appreciation. I don't think that this is encouraged, but it actually works to ward them off.

Oh my, it's another one of those forum professors and their "experiments".

After encountering so many of them over the years, I have some advice for you: Firstly, in developing an hypothesis, please leave out the rhetoric. It does no good to your "research".

Secondly, after the "research" on the "subjects" (which happen to be us, the rest of the forum members; I thank you for that high and mighty treatment), I'd expect to see a set of findings and conclusion, written objectively, with a proper account of the testing methodology. Most of the forum professors I've met conduct their "experiments" and just flee the forum once they've been found out. It'd be nice to see one present his findings for a change.

I look forward to the report on the state of the forum from you, Prof. dawnknight. I believe it should be quite interesting.

relax bro

as for posting trolling Buy n Sell posts, it's sometimes a fine line, and one that has no fixed threshold.
    like mine for eg, I find some comments discouraging, but I try to find out why the comment is made anyway, even if it has the potential of destroying my sale.
    after all, no one is always right. and no point going for small kicks...
    but I do welcome market prices by anyone
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123