Thread: m1 broadband

Question m1 broadband

has anyone tried the m1 broadband before? the wireless one with vodafone. saw a demo at the m1 shop today and speed etc seems alright, just worried about disconnections and stuff. any feedback/comments on m1 broadband would be useful... I need to apply for a new internet line. (starhub's too ex and for some lame reason I cant apply for singnet (cus im using a singtel residential phoneline)

Default Re: m1 broadband

Quote Originally Posted by pingo View Post
    has anyone tried the m1 broadband before? the wireless one with vodafone. saw a demo at the m1 shop today and speed etc seems alright, just worried about disconnections and stuff. any feedback/comments on m1 broadband would be useful... I need to apply for a new internet line. (starhub's too ex and for some lame reason I cant apply for singnet (cus im using a singtel residential phoneline)
    erm.... if you are using it to surf & do instant msg-ing, it's fine.

However, should you choose to d/l large files, then it might be a problem...

The connection is alright though. My friend was driving down ECP and i had my MacBook connected to the M1 broadband and i was happily chatting away while we were crusing along.

It's fine for normal surfing, the connection is like wireless SG but it's everywhere! like TV mobile.

and BTW
    (starhub's too ex and for some lame reason I cant apply for singnet (cus im using a singtel residential phoneline) <==== singtel residential phoneline cannot apply singnet? weirdz?
    1stJournal - Painting your life journals since 2008
    Email / Facebook / Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by SianZronG View Post
    It's fine for normal surfing, the connection is like wireless SG but it's everywhere! like TV mobile.

and BTW
    (starhub's too ex and for some lame reason I cant apply for singnet (cus im using a singtel residential phoneline) <==== singtel residential phoneline cannot apply singnet? weirdz?
    OOPS sorry, what I meant was (typo) starhub residential line cannot apply singnet adsl internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
    erm.... if you are using it to surf & do instant msg-ing, it's fine.

However, should you choose to d/l large files, then it might be a problem...

The connection is alright though. My friend was driving down ECP and i had my MacBook connected to the M1 broadband and i was happily chatting away while we were crusing along.

Hmm very cool. I might just get this. hehehe.

yeah... you can even use it at home with a route that M1 sells.... i think it's not free.. if i can remember correctly.
    1stJournal - Painting your life journals since 2008
    Email / Facebook / Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by SianZronG View Post
    yeah... you can even use it at home with a route that M1 sells.... i think it's not free.. if i can remember correctly.
    ic ... coool ... thanks for the tip, but home is no different from outside right. i mean, it's all wireless anyway.

anyone else have any experience good or bad with this m1 broadband before I take the plunge with it?

I signed up and got my Linksys router/card at the weekend and I have been pleasantly surprised with the 1.8Mbps service. There were quite a lot of scare stories about but the speed is absolutely fine for normal web surfing, as long as it's not too graphic intensive. I was downloading some large Mac updates and that was pretty quick too.

Unless you are in the CBD, it's not worth getting the fastest speed package but otherwise,it's a very economical way of getting internet access, especially if like me, you want it for a non-residential premises. Singnet's prices for commercial business premises are just crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by pingo View Post
    ic ... coool ... thanks for the tip, but home is no different from outside right. i mean, it's all wireless anyway.

anyone else have any experience good or bad with this m1 broadband before I take the plunge with it?
    To be fair, at an earlier stage, when this was just launched, i experienced alot of dropped connections (3 out of 5) but subsequently, the frequency lessened and now, I'm glad to say it hardly happens anymore...

So yeah, go for it.

NOte: If you are using Mac OS X, you will need to D/L additional software from Vodafone's website to get it going. Otherwise, for normal Windows, it's a matter of plug and play.

i am currently using it for privacy reason.. after laptop .. i can plug out the SIM card and use it on PDA phone.