No, 3rd party lenses are crap. I use only original lenses.
Yes, I use only 3rd party lenses. They are as good as the original camera makers' lenses
I only use 3rd party lenses. They are better than original lenses.
I only use 3rd party lenses. They may not be as good as original lenses but they are cheaper and good enough.
No, 3rd party lenses are NOT necessarily crap but I use and buy only original lenses whenever possible.
I use a mixture of both
I don't use lenses. I spent too much on my whizz bang bells and whistles camera so I can't afford a similar lens full of bells and whistles so I rather not use a cheap lens, 3rd party or original.
I think this is highly subjective to the individual lenses. Both original manufacturers and 3rd party manufacturers have nice lenses and crappy lenses, and I always spend time researching a lens before I buy it, so for me it doesn't matter which manufacturer it's from as long as the lens is good
Just acquired a Tamron 28-75 F/2.8, so far, so good
< < Photography-On-A-Budget > >
my first third party lens was the sigma 17-70, reason why i bought it is cos there is no lens in canon's lineup the features a comparable focal range and/or image quality. if canon had produced a lens with the same focal range i would have bought it. for those who are about to recommend the 17-85, i did my research and found that it won numerous "awards" for most pronounced barrel distortion and a low IQ. As for the 15-85, its an excellent lens but its price is twice that of the sigma and hence wayyyyy out of my budget.
Canon 550D Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4 HSM OS | 50mm f1.8 II | 55-250mm f4-5.6 IS | Di622 | BP-550D
Greetings to all the seniors here
I need some advice me on which 3rd party wide angle lens to buy. I am thinking of either getting Tamron, Tokina or Sigma.Was wondering how much does they cost???
BTW, I am using a Canon EOS 500D. Thanks in advance!
1. Contax CZ 50mm f1.4 (Great color, sharpness and bokeh)
2. EF 50mm f1.4 (Like the 8 blade aperture for lens flare, sharpness is also good, back focusing after servicing motor (happens a few time ) )
3. SMC Takumar 50mm f1.4 (Good performing glass for good value. Image is sharp and color is good)
4. EF 50mm f1.8 (Produce decent photos for a very cheap cost)
5. Nikon Nikkor 55mm F1.2 S (Produced some nice photos before with F1.2, but CA and ghosting spoil some of my photos under certain lighting, color is also not to my liking from my POV)
6. Canon FD 55mm f1.2 non-SSC (Image is superb on my F-1 new, but correction lens on a canon DSLR degrade image quality badly)
Not a zeiss fan, but a poor 50mm glass tester hoping to try summilux someday.
Last edited by wootsk; 15th October 2010 at 10:20 PM.
I used to have 18-270mm for about a month,but ended up selling it off to get Nikon lens...
*Simba* loves D700 + 24-70
I have owned Sigma, Soligor, Tamron, Tokina, and Vivitar 3rd party lenses.
I am still using Tamron, Tokina, and Vivitar 3rd party lenses.
I have not yet owned or used a Zeiss or Voigtlander 3rd party lens.