Thread: tokyo disneyland outdoor weddin shoots? cherry blossoms?

Default tokyo disneyland outdoor weddin shoots? cherry blossoms?

hi. i am just wondering if anyone has been to tokyo disneyland for an outdoor shoot? and whether it is allowed in disneyland to take wedding photos.

or been to japan for cherry blossom outdoor shoots.

do we need to seek a permit?

i have such intentions to have my wedding album done there. that is why i am asking....

if it is possible, will appreciate if u are able to share some of ur photos on either disneyland or cherry blossom park in this thread.

hope this is not too much to ask. thank u very much. really appreciate some suggestions n ideas.

Default Re: tokyo disneyland outdoor weddin shoots? cherry blossoms?

Hi,

if you are going in casual wear and not in your gown...There shouldn't be any issues.

But if you want do it in your gown, there is a need to write in to inform them. They will be than glad to facilitate your visit if you write in advance. You may even get to feature in their daily parade. I was just at Disneyworld in florida, it's really fun.=)

cherry blossom starts in late march or early april.

thread moved to Kopitiam.

u'll get more responses here.

'wedding portfolio' is for the display of wedding photographs.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

The Japanese are very service oriented. So they will entertain most requests and try to help you as much as they can. Only thing is you must do your research, know what you want to shoot and get in touch with their PR dept at least 1 month in advance. (1 month is to give them enough time to inform and seek permission from higher ups and Disney in USA if needed. Yes Tokyo Disneyland being franchised from the one in USA has to seek permission from Orlando in some matters especially pertaining to PR)

Once you have informed them where you want to shoot and a suggestion is to ask them to suggest to you where you should shoot. After all they have experience and they would know the best angles in their park at what time. Do note that the Japanese may not be good with changes, meaning if you go there and then you suddentely see this ride that seems nice but is not in your plan. They might not be able to change the plan so quicky. Reasoning being they have alot of red tape and cultural taboos hence to make a change is a long process not immediate. This might be abit of a culture shock to Singaporeans who are used to making changes in split seconds.

Also they will most likely assign an English speaking staff to you for the shoot to help you out. Expect lots of bowing haha

Finally have a good shoot and enjoy Tokyo.

(P.S. My facts are from my last shooting experience in Tokyo Disneyland)
    Last edited by centuryegg; 29th January 2007 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nicolelew View Post
    hi. i am just wondering if anyone has been to tokyo disneyland for an outdoor shoot? and whether it is allowed in disneyland to take wedding photos.

or been to japan for cherry blossom outdoor shoots.

do we need to seek a permit?

i have such intentions to have my wedding album done there. that is why i am asking....

if it is possible, will appreciate if u are able to share some of ur photos on either disneyland or cherry blossom park in this thread.

hope this is not too much to ask. thank u very much. really appreciate some suggestions n ideas.
    not sure about disneyland, haven't had a chance to go there

shooting against cherry blossoms is a little tricky ... when the cherry blossoms are in full bloom, all the nice spots will be filled with people like this

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    not sure about disneyland, haven't had a chance to go there

shooting against cherry blossoms is a little tricky ... when the cherry blossoms are in full bloom, all the nice spots will be filled with people like this

reminds me of a certain razor ramon episode..
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    reminds me of a certain razor ramon episode..
    razor ramon not very famous in tokyo, he's more popular around the kansai region, especially osaka

Smile Re: tokyo disneyland outdoor weddin shoots? cherry blossoms?

wow, thanks for all these helpful info... really useful... seems like i will need to write into tokyo disney first.....

thanks for the photos!!! really useful....

any one? anymore suggestions?

nicole.