Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Neck strap for DSLR

  1. #1
    Senior Member cichlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    5,060

    Default Neck strap for DSLR

    Do you like to use the neck strap for your DSLR?

    I find it ok while shooting but it troublesome when putting the camera in the bag.
    The strap seems to always get in the way and also afraid that it might scratch the
    camera...

  2. #2
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    @ AMK
    Posts
    2,616

    Default Re: Neck strap for DSLR

    the orginal strap from nikon arr??

    in what way will the strap scratch the camera???

  3. #3
    Member noob sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tiong Bahru Estate, Singapore,
    Posts
    743

    Default Re: Neck strap for DSLR

    For my case yes i found that the strap is kinda in my way , so i go strapless

  4. #4
    Senior Member cichlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    5,060

    Default Re: Neck strap for DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by westwest1 View Post
    the orginal strap from nikon arr??

    in what way will the strap scratch the camera???
    Yup the original strap, I'm just afraid that the plastic parts might scratch the cam body.

  5. #5
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Neck strap for DSLR

    why not consider matin or optech neck strap?

  6. #6
    Senior Member cichlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    5,060

    Default Re: Neck strap for DSLR

    hmm..didnt know of these products. Is it made of very soft material?

    I hope to have a neck strap with quick release (if have) so that can detach the
    strap when keeping the camera...

  7. #7
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Neck strap for DSLR

    yup. u can try contacting perly. See here.

  8. #8
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Neck strap for DSLR

    me too, go strapless

  9. #9

    Default Re: Neck strap for DSLR

    Have 3 optechs and lotsa of nikon/canon straps in storeroom.

    But unless i am carrying a few bodies, i usually dont use strap.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Neck strap for DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    yup. u can try contacting perly. See here.
    perly doesnt state the load capacity for the strap.. can take heavy weight anot?
    scared the strap fail me and let go off my camera... sure cry..

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    189

    Default Re: Neck strap for DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by skopio View Post
    perly doesnt state the load capacity for the strap.. can take heavy weight anot?
    scared the strap fail me and let go off my camera... sure cry..
    drop like then got reason to activate ur bbb virus ma

  12. #12

    Default Re: Neck strap for DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by cichlid View Post
    hmm..didnt know of these products. Is it made of very soft material?

    I hope to have a neck strap with quick release (if have) so that can detach the
    strap when keeping the camera...
    you may consider trying the lowepro's series of strap.

    http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Acce...Camera_Straps/

    I'd ordered the transporter online myself. Seem like it's not available in local shops yet.

  13. #13
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Neck strap for DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by skopio View Post
    perly doesnt state the load capacity for the strap.. can take heavy weight anot?
    scared the strap fail me and let go off my camera... sure cry..
    a rough estimation max ball park weight for dslr+70-200f2.8+flash is between 3-3.5kg.
    so far my matin able to take that kinda weight, so i guess shouldnt be a prob.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Neck strap for DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    a rough estimation max ball park weight for dslr+70-200f2.8+flash is between 3-3.5kg.
    so far my matin able to take that kinda weight, so i guess shouldnt be a prob.
    gd to hear from a user! thanks!

  15. #15

    Default Re: Neck strap for DSLR

    I recommend you to use optechs straps ..

    Use optechs neckstrap and tripod both so far no problem for me. I feel comfortable with them.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Neck strap for DSLR

    I find Optechs neckstraps is the best so far.. easy on your shoulder.. Well pad..

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: Neck strap for DSLR

    Use op/tech strap before you've got neck pain. Prevention is better than cure.

    Regards,
    Arto.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Neck strap for DSLR

    Even since my first camera, I never use a neck strap.

    Reason: I have very sensitive skin, and allergic to my own sweat. An hour of neck strap under the sun will cause serious rash on my skin.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Neck strap for DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by SQ123 View Post
    you may consider trying the lowepro's series of strap.

    http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Acce...Camera_Straps/

    I'd ordered the transporter online myself. Seem like it's not available in local shops yet.
    Hm... can't buy locally? serious? too much a hassle to buy overseas though.... hm...
    1stJournal - Painting your life journals since 2008
    Email / Facebook / Instagram

  20. #20

    Default Re: Neck strap for DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by SianZronG View Post
    Hm... can't buy locally? serious? too much a hassle to buy overseas though.... hm...
    not sure if it's available locally, but I'd asked TK, CP, and MS, and all say don't have. It just happened that I had a friend coming back from US so I ordered it to be sent to her in US (save on postage and tax) and she took it back to S'pore for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •