Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you think of this D80 combo?

Default Re: What do you think of this D80 combo?

You will need another backup battery for your camera.
    Flickr Me! :: Nikon D80 :: Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4.5 DC MACRO

Quote Originally Posted by sgguy022 View Post
    That's the key reason I am considering the 18-200VR - I travel frequently and see myself roaming Asian cities at night taking street scenes. Hence the choice of a super zoom + low light.
    Obviously I would not want to pay for 'too much camera', hence I rejected all the far more expensive 3-lens options.
    although you have decided on 18-200VR, may i highlight that although the range is good, if you shoot at night, you are unlikely to use long focal length to isolate a distant dark object, unless you are standing on top of a mountain to localise a lighted building. the wide angle portion and the larger aperture will be the main concerns for urban streets at night.

however in the day, the range would be fantastic, and you can shoot both streets (but not wide enough for close events or close buildings) and tele into animals and people at a farther distance. that will be the buying point for nikkor 18-200mm. VR aids the equivocal situations of slightly prolonged duration, but not in extremes of dark indoor or night.
    Last edited by zoossh; 29th January 2007 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sgguy022 View Post
    The Computrekker's good enough for right now - at the price of the smallest Delsey...have my eye on the Kata bag named in another thread. When you see me list the Computrekker on Buy/Sell, you'll know!
    When the Kata bags start retailing in Singapore, you'll hear it from me first!

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpix0r View Post
    When the Kata bags start retailing in Singapore, you'll hear it from me first!
    Just got my Kata Sensitivity V over the weekend ....from Akihabara in Tokyo....8)

http://www.kata-bags.com/Item.asp?pi...d=4&ProdLine=4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12