Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38

Thread: WTS : Tokina ATX Pro II 28-70mm f/2.6-2.8 (Split thread)

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    5,011

    Default

    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...threadid=14796

    maxtheevil,

    Whatever you say on the internet, there is a record and guese what, there is a search function!

    Where are your "cons" of the lens when you try to sell it yourself?

    - Roy
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Originally posted by roygoh
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...threadid=14796

    maxtheevil,

    Whatever you say on the internet, there is a record and guese what, there is a search function!

    Where are your "cons" of the lens when you try to sell it yourself?

    - Roy
    Hmmm, what do you know? Someone is not practising what he preaches... Would this be considered dodgy? I don't see any pros or cons. And as you mentioned in your previous post, your intention is to warn everyone.

    Now, where is the warning/educating by you to your potential buyers?

    And just a note;

    maxtheevil;

    In buy & sell, most of the people simply post the item they want to sell and the price they are selling it at. I still do not see people posting the pros and cons of the items.

    So, are all the sellers being dodgy? Think about it.

    Now, if you have the deceny and common sense to do so, i suggest you apologise to Keito and lay this matter to rest.

    Further insistence on your part would not do you any favours.
    Last edited by Wolfgang; 22nd February 2003 at 11:09 AM.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    975

    Default

    agreed with the majority here. It irks me when people post this kind of remarks in my selling threads as I feel they are just 'SPOILING MARKET" for me.

    Maxthedevil, it would be better for you to exercise discretion and sensitivity where to put your remarks. Don't spoil other people's sale. If the buyer is interested, he should do his own research - there is no necessity for you to spoil the seller's thread. Nobody asked you to add salt & pepper.

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Actually I don't see anything wrong with members writing technical reviews on the lens, in Buy/Sell forum. Personally I sold off some stuffs over the Buy/Sell forum, and I didn't mind constructive cons technical rmarks. Afterall, every lens has its pros and cons. And no matter how good a lens' review is, there's still some batches with defective problems. And that's when other users wrote in focum to warm others of. One man food, is another's posion.

    Frankly, I think some of you guys here are abit easily worked up over what "maxthedevil" had wrote. Some even want him to give an apology. "Ha." For goodness sake..

    If you guys wanna bombard, why not bombard those members who wrote nonsense post in Buy/Sell focum such as "Buy Buy Buy", "Up to you" etc. Isn't that more silly?

    Think about it.

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Originally posted by e_liau
    Actually I don't see anything wrong with members writing technical reviews on the lens, in Buy/Sell forum. Personally I sold off some stuffs over the Buy/Sell forum, and I didn't mind constructive cons technical rmarks. Afterall, every lens has its pros and cons. And no matter how good a lens' review is, there's still some batches with defective problems. And that's when other users wrote in focum to warm others of. One man food, is another's posion.

    Frankly, I think some of you guys here are abit easily worked up over what "maxthedevil" had wrote. Some even want him to give an apology. "Ha." For goodness sake..

    If you guys wanna bombard, why not bombard those members who wrote nonsense post in Buy/Sell focum such as "Buy Buy Buy", "Up to oyu" etc. Isn't that more silly?

    Think about it.
    but there is a time & place for everything. What I mean is its not decent to post unfavourable remarks when someone wants to sell. Imagine the seller is so close to selling it to someone who responded positively & some spoilsport puts the con there - its just downright rude. Remarks should be placed in a separate forum. Put yourself in the seller's shoes

    Do unto others what you want done to u.
    Last edited by lavenderlilz; 22nd February 2003 at 11:29 AM.

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    212

    Default Re: take note

    Originally posted by maxtheevil
    the lens is very heavy,
    and it has no macro, or micro.
    and it has a mininum distance of 70CM!!!
    yes, overall, i regret having this lenses, i highly recommend you guys to pay for the SIGMA Aspherical, 28-70mm F2.8
    lighter, and mininum distance of 30cm!!!
    I own this lens for the past 2 years.
    Yes, I do agreed that it's a very heavy lens. It has no macro mode. But I still love it. Because, it's heavy, which adds stability to my handling of camera. Because of it zoom and constant aperture construction, it can't have a marco mode. And for half the price of a Nikon similar zoom lens, but offers similar superior lens' quality, it's definitely a good lens to own and love.
    Last edited by e_liau; 22nd February 2003 at 11:32 AM.

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Originally posted by lavenderlilz
    but there is a time & place for everything. What I mean is its not decent to post both the pros & cons when someone wants to sell. Don't post the pros cos it might appear that the poster is being biased. Don't post the cons cos - imagine the seller is so close to selling it to someone who responded positively & some spoilsport puts the con there - its just downright rude. Remarks should be placed in a separate forum.Do unto others what you want done to u.
    There's no better time than now. Let the buyer be warned. It's not rude to post cons post, if the post is done in a constructive manner. Every lens has its pros and cons. And it's very subjective matter too. If the buyer eventually buy the lens, he can't blame the seller for disleading him.

    My favourite lens happens to be the Tokina 28-70 f2.6-2.8 lens. Earlier batch of this lens has some focusing problem. If I am not been told of this defect, I would have got a similar defective 2nd-hand lens from that batch.

    And with the information overflow era, would it be better to put the reviews in together with Buy/Sell focum?

  8. #28
    Pegasus
    Guests

    Default

    Originally posted by lavenderlilz
    but there is a time & place for everything. What I mean is its not decent to post unfavourable remarks when someone wants to sell. Imagine the seller is so close to selling it to someone who responded positively & some spoilsport puts the con there - its just downright rude. Remarks should be placed in a separate forum. Put yourself in the seller's shoes
    Do unto others what you want done to u.
    Sorry no offend, but I think we have to be fair to the buyer too. The buyer has a choice on whether to part his/her hard-earned money on a lens. And no matter how much research we do on a lens, the most important piece of information is till, owners' experience. Because owners' experience usually helps to identify the grey areas that we usually miss out while doing our research.

    It's uttely rude only if the cons post is non-contructive.

    On your point on putting yourself in the seller-postion. How about putting ourselves in the buyer's position? If you are the buyer, do you want to search all over the place to get a lens' users reviews? Or everything in your fingertips?

    I think we as by-standers can only do, is to give advice on the pros and cons. Let the buyer decide on whether to buy, and the seller on whether not to sell?

    To put ourselves in either shoes, we will be seem as been bias.
    Last edited by Pegasus; 22nd February 2003 at 11:45 AM.

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Originally posted by e_liau

    And with the information overflow era, would it be better to put the reviews in together with Buy/Sell focum?
    heh heh heh - i doubt most sellers would be inclined to take this view. Afterall, they WANT TO SELL. Even if there is nothing wrong with it and they're just selling for upgrading purposes, people tend to get abit sensitive if someone places some unfavourable remark about the product & they're afraid that it would jeopardise the sale.

    don't you think its like a shop selling something and someone comes & tells the potential customer that the product is not good right in front of the seller's face?

  10. #30

    Default

    Do the right thing at the right time at the right place.

  11. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Originally posted by Pegasus


    How about putting ourselves in the buyer's position? If you are the buyer, do you want to search all over the place to get a lens' users reviews? Or everything in your fingertips?
    Yes I have been a buyer & I have done research "all over the place" & I don't think its inconvenient. If a buyer were to exercise wisdom, should do own research in the first place. Whether is it a pro or a con placed in a seller's thread, either one should be taken with some pinch of salt as both could be biased points of view.

    Anyway the point is it was the Seller's thread in the first place.

    As what another clubsnapper has said, do the right thing at the right time. Just to share with you, when I was looking for a 2nd hand body as a backup, I would PM the seller on the price but as to performance of the equipment, I don't see the point in asking the seller / anyone who would care to read the thread as the seller would definitely say its good (take note, I am not imputing any dishonesty or misrepresentation by any seller here) - who wouldn't? Plus I don't want my question answered by someone else who would say its no good either as that would be spoiling the seller's thread.

    That is why I talked about exercising discretion and sensitivity.

  12. #32
    Pegasus
    Guests

    Default

    Originally posted by Newbiez
    Do the right thing at the right time at the right place.
    IS that why many singles are still looking for thier Mr and Ms Right? Is that why many married couple still goan that their Mr and Ms Right is not that "Right" after all? Is there's such a thing as "Right"? The only explanation I can give is, "Do as the Heart desires". And to me, at that situation, at that moment of time, when the hear desires to do it, it's the "Right time".

    Yeah, yeah, yeah, nonsense right?... hehe..

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Originally posted by Pegasus
    IS that why many singles are still looking for thier Mr and Ms Right? Is that why many married couple still goan that their Mr and Ms Right is not that "Right" after all? Is there's such a thing as "Right"? The only explanation I can give is, "Do as the Heart desires". And to me, at that situation, at that moment of time, when the hear desires to do it, it's the "Right time".

    Yeah, yeah, yeah, nonsense right... hehe..
    Singles are not looking for Mr/Ms Right - they're looking for Mr/Ms Perfect!

    As for married people who complain the spouse is not "right" afterall - why don't they themselves change to be the "right" one for their spouse? Of course, marriage is not easy lah.

  14. #34
    Pegasus
    Guests

    Default

    Originally posted by lavenderlilz

    Yes I have been a buyer & I have done research "all over the place" & I don't think its inconvenient. If a buyer were to exercise wisdom, should do own research in the first place. Whether is it a pro or a con placed in a seller's thread, either one should be taken with some pinch of salt as both could be biased points of view.
    Anyway the point is it was the Seller's thread in the first place.
    As what another clubsnapper has said, do the right thing at the right time. Just to share with you, when I was looking for a 2nd hand body as a backup, I would PM the seller on the price but as to performance of the equipment, I don't see the point in asking the seller / anyone who would care to read the thread as the seller would definitely say its good (take note, I am not imputing any dishonesty or misrepresentation by any seller here) - who wouldn't? Plus I don't want my question answered by someone else who would say its no good either as that would be spoiling the seller's thread.
    That is why I talked about exercising discretion and sensitivity.
    All these exchange proves one thing. That all of us are individual and wants to be treated in a certain way. We have own belief and own ethics of doing things.

    So the point is, as the heart desires, just do it. No point fighting over such matters. No point fighting over it, as long as it makes you happy, and I get to bring home the bacon and bread, you win. Have a nice day.

    ===================================
    Let the pure heart one be the first to cast the stone.
    ====================================

  15. #35
    Mabel
    Guests

    Default

    Originally posted by lavenderlilz

    Singles are not looking for Mr/Ms Right - they're looking for Mr/Ms Perfect!
    I'm looking for Mr Rich. Any aplicants? Please PM me. Thanks.

  16. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Originally posted by Mabel

    I'm looking for Mr Rich. Any aplicants? Please PM me. Thanks.
    Mabel

    I think here members only become rich when they want to buy equipment hehehe

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    5,011

    Default

    Please refrain from making OT posts.

    Thanks.

    - Roy
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

  18. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    398

    Default

    Hi all. I am a neutral party following this thread.

    I think maxtheevil initial intention was good, but just didn't know that it would get out of hand. So why not give everyone a chance. And let Keito to continue to sell his lens. I think if this goes on non-stop, it will be bad for everyone involved. Am i not right? Thanks all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •