Thread: image lost in CF card- need help

Default image lost in CF card- need help

hi guys, took a wedding event and half of the file was corrupted. have tried the image rescue from lexar, it able to scan 444 pix but when open folder to view image, there were none. anybody able to help me on this?

heard abt the photorescue also, anyone uses this program before. confirm it will work?

any kind soul who is able to help me do sms me at 97394064.

thank plenty plenty

Default Re: image lost in CF card- need help

Had this problem before. I send it back to:
    Convergent Systems (S) Pte. Ltd.
    60 Albert Street
    #11-01 Albert Complex
    Singapore 189969
    (Also known as OG Building, opposite Sim Lim Square)
    http://www.convergent.com.sg/

See whether they can help you or not.

p/s: do some search in the forum. there were some discussion on this before.

regards
    fox

Quote Originally Posted by fooj View Post
    hi guys, took a wedding event and half of the file was corrupted. have tried the image rescue from lexar, it able to scan 444 pix but when open folder to view image, there were none. anybody able to help me on this?

heard abt the photorescue also, anyone uses this program before. confirm it will work?

thank plenty plenty

Same problem, was doing a commerical job shooting in RAW file just yesterday, suddenly the CF card couldn't receive any images. Broke into cold sweat Is so weird that the day before i was shooting 170+ RAW images with no glitches happening. What a joke played when come to actual assignement, LEXAR disappointed me!

My friend told me there are numerous cases Lexar cards mainly got problem with CANON system, how sad. There's a list of serial numbers for the CF card that occur such problem. So any snappers out there purchase it around 2004-2005 should be careful. If not sent it to check.

I am still trying hard to salvage my photos from a 1GB Lexar card (on my 20D) Looks like I'll stay away from Lexar for good

Quote Originally Posted by ndroo View Post
    I am still trying hard to salvage my photos from a 1GB Lexar card (on my 20D) Looks like I'll stay away from Lexar for good
    Hmm... think your card starting to give problem. Later am going down to Albert Complext to check it out.

u can try this:

http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm

thank plenty plenty

Quote Originally Posted by rickygck View Post
    Hmm... think your card starting to give problem. Later am going down to Albert Complext to check it out.
    Yes. The card is dying (or even dead!). Went down to Convergence and all they could do is offer to replace a new card (which I will later after trying to salvage the photos on this 'dead' one first)

wow..so sad..so we should not use the Lexar card,shouldn't we?..Better inform Canon users..
    A person is useless unless he is standing up for himself, for his future, and for his dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by standingup View Post
    wow..so sad..so we should not use the Lexar card,shouldn't we?..Better inform Canon users..
    Not exactly, just that production dates around 2004-2005 seem to have problems for me. Still, i might not go for Lexar card anymore.

ya, i have 3 x lexar 1G CF cars, all are between 2004-2005

ya, i have 3 x lexar 1G CF cars, all are between 2004-2005
    Just went to Convergent to have my CF card changed! Heehee.. No question asked, told me is firmware problem. Straight away change for me!

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=248101

You might wanna try this program that I found on the net...it works for me.

www.handyrecovery.com

DL the trial program and see if it works for you...it offer a 1 day 1 file recovery for the trial version for 30 days...if it works then purchase it.

I managed to recover my holiday images from this program....

If you wanna try...drop me a line...I bring my laptop down and see if can recover or not.

Now digital still got this kinda thing to help...last time I did 1 commercial shoot...4 rolls of my slides when swimming in the developer...blardy hell...kenna reshoot with a face black black client.

can try Easy Recovery Professional by Ontrack.....comes with the Kingston Ultimate CF cards