Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Shooting a WEdding tmr as backup... help needed...

  1. #1

    Default Shooting a WEdding tmr as backup... help needed...

    Hey guys... helping a fren out tmr... just wanted to know what sort of attire is considered "acceptable"? Jeans and polo too casual? Pants and Polo? Or is the minimum Pants and long sleeve shirt?

    Also, usually as the back-up, how should I position so as not to get in the main-guy's way? Esp for the gate crashing part and inside the house during the tea sessions...

    TIA and hope that my questions dun sound too stupid... cheers...

  2. #2
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Shooting a WEdding tmr as backup... help needed...

    Depends on the couples...

    I believe a jeans and polo is acceptable in our norms. But for caucasian standards, they would dress up more to mebbe pants and long sleeve shirts. Check with your main photog.

    As for being the back-up, dun get in his way and concentrate on getting shots which he would normally not cover.

    For gate-crashing, it's good to have to have 2 photogs as one can cover from the grooms POV and the other can cover from the bride's POV. During tea sessions, the main needs to take the standard shots, you can try filling in with candids...

  3. #3

    Default Re: Shooting a WEdding tmr as backup... help needed...

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Depends on the couples...

    I believe a jeans and polo is acceptable in our norms. But for caucasian standards, they would dress up more to mebbe pants and long sleeve shirts. Check with your main photog.

    As for being the back-up, dun get in his way and concentrate on getting shots which he would normally not cover.

    For gate-crashing, it's good to have to have 2 photogs as one can cover from the grooms POV and the other can cover from the bride's POV. During tea sessions, the main needs to take the standard shots, you can try filling in with candids...
    thanks zac... i think i'll stick to Jeans and polo tmr... more comfy... not the main guy anyways... yups... will be aiming to get shots not usually covered by the main guy... leave hiim to get the "key shots" lol... any others?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,462

    Default Re: Shooting a WEdding tmr as backup... help needed...

    Quote Originally Posted by londonray View Post
    thanks zac... i think i'll stick to Jeans and polo tmr... more comfy... not the main guy anyways... yups... will be aiming to get shots not usually covered by the main guy... leave hiim to get the "key shots" lol... any others?
    Hi there,
    It better for you to wear Short leeve shirt not polo T.If your wedding day and someone you ask to help and yet turn out to be what you've mention.How you and your wife feel?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Shooting a WEdding tmr as backup... help needed...

    Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    Hi there,
    It better for you to wear Short leeve shirt not polo T.If your wedding day and someone you ask to help and yet turn out to be what you've mention.How you and your wife feel?
    hmm... i dun really understand the part about "yet turn out to be what you mentioned"
    I haven't really mentioned what i would be wearing to the Couple... but i would clarify that with them later tonite. Hope that helps. Cheers!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Shooting a WEdding tmr as backup... help needed...

    Quote Originally Posted by londonray View Post
    hmm... i dun really understand the part about "yet turn out to be what you mentioned"
    I haven't really mentioned what i would be wearing to the Couple... but i would clarify that with them later tonite. Hope that helps. Cheers!
    guess he meant, putting urself into the couple's shoe.

    all the best for your shoot tmr.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Shooting a WEdding tmr as backup... help needed...

    Sometimes, even the parents of the couple wear pyjamas.


    .

  8. #8

    Default Re: Shooting a WEdding tmr as backup... help needed...

    Quote Originally Posted by AReality View Post
    Sometimes, even the parents of the couple wear pyjamas.


    .

    i will try not to embarass my fren lah... hehe...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •