Thread: I'm disappointed with the 7% increase for GST .

Default I'm disappointed with the 7% increase for GST .

Our Gov. had rejected our request and consent for the GST to increase at 6% then to 7% . Really &^%&%* diappointed .

He say that it's better to take the full medicine in order to recover fast but my question to him is it a fact that we are that sick ?? If we are that sick then why this Gov. had been telling everybody that we are doing well and everything are progressing ?? Can they please tell everybody in the world that we are very sick (not doing well) so we need the full increase for the dose !! Again strongly feel that they really " Bo Chap " for the Citizen . If like the Gov. said, we are doing quite well then they should understand they can help us by giving us a lighter dose than to the correct dose . They say that this money will go to the needy and my question is -are they really ready to be as transparent as the charity organization show the people all the facts and usage and pin down those who are misusing our money and of cause cutting their own pay to help those needy as well ?? Most Singaporean never known how much money is enough for our reserve , most Singaporean never know where these money go to and how much it's spend on helping the needy .

I'm just sharing because I really feel disappoint with their direction .

And I got some question to ask too -
    1)The failure with Temasek Holding in Thailand , does it hit back to Singapore and the people here had to pay the lost ?
    2)Potong Pasir under Mr Chiam fight for a upgrading and he was being told off , the joke is , it's his fault for wining *** , and *** are the only one who have the keys to open the door for the Upgrading work . wow liao dam proud man .......!!

Still sharing , I met an old friend who is working as a concret truck driver for his pass 15 years , never change a job , this is what he tell me " Only the Gov. is saying Good for everything , do you think the people feel the same , think for yourself " . I really can feel what he mean by saying the above .

Do you think This Gov. make no different from the past , they promise an engage with the Citizen view which I don't see any , they will still carry on with what they do . My feel for these so call top people are only interested with power and money future , there's no balance at all , every body from this Gov. is only willing to take the rocket and some slower with the bus but do they understand that not everyone can afford the bus even they run after the bus when it's moving fast they will still miss it and never get a change to be on the slow bus.

words abit off up there because so #$%%&^

Pan
    Regards

Default Re: I'm disappointed with the 7% increase for GST .

u chose them last year didn't u?
    Last edited by kcuf2; 27th January 2007 at 02:09 AM.
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

the garment is like further to small children. He does what he thinks is basest for them. Do not the young question the foodness of their parents? In the same way we should let their thrust into us .

Quote Originally Posted by Free Agent View Post
    Our Gov. had rejected our request and consent for the GST to increase at 6% then to 7% . Really &^%&%* diappointed .

He say that it's better to take the full medicine in order to recover fast but my question to him is it a fact that we are that sick ?? If we are that sick then why this Gov. had been telling everybody that we are doing well and everything are progressing ?? Can they please tell everybody in the world that we are very sick (not doing well) so we need the full increase for the dose !! Again strongly feel that they really " Bo Chap " for the Citizen . If like the Gov. said, we are doing quite well then they should understand they can help us by giving us a lighter dose than to the correct dose . They say that this money will go to the needy and my question is -are they really ready to be as transparent as the charity organization show the people all the facts and usage and pin down those who are misusing our money and of cause cutting their own pay to help those needy as well ?? Most Singaporean never known how much money is enough for our reserve , most Singaporean never know where these money go to and how much it's spend on helping the needy .

I'm just sharing because I really feel disappoint with their direction .

And I got some question to ask too -
    1)The failure with Temasek Holding in Thailand , does it hit back to Singapore and the people here had to pay the lost ?
    2)Potong Pasir under Mr Chiam fight for a upgrading and he was being told off , the joke is , it's his fault for wining *** , and *** are the only one who have the keys to open the door for the Upgrading work . wow liao dam proud man .......!!

Still sharing , I met an old friend who is working as a concret truck driver for his pass 15 years , never change a job , this is what he tell me " Only the Gov. is saying Good for everything , do you think the people feel the same , think for yourself " . I really can feel what he mean by saying the above .

Do you think This Gov. make no different from the past , they promise an engage with the Citizen view which I don't see any , they will still carry on with what they do . My feel for these so call top people are only interested with power and money future , there's no balance at all , every body from this Gov. is only willing to take the rocket and some slower with the bus but do they understand that not everyone can afford the bus even they run after the bus when it's moving fast they will still miss it and never get a change to be on the slow bus.

words abit off up there because so #$%%&^

Pan
    Regards

there's no balance at all
    i never believe there is a balance in life.

After all, be it the Gov. or the people in sg or anything.

Just open our eyes big big and look around us. We are still one the the lucky one comparing to others.

Sad to say that since we want to live in here then have to learn to been drag like cow in here. That why the old time movies said, "Guan Zi Liang Ge Kou“ Do you think most of the people study medical just for the sake of saving people?
    Last edited by Tupi Guy; 27th January 2007 at 02:20 AM.

after i recover, can i stop taking the medicine? sounds like another case of mee siam mai hum where the analogy was rather weak and without much consideration.

Anyway, I would prefer a 1 shot increment since it's inevitable. This will prevent unscrupulous businessman from jacking their prices twice and fattening their wallets at the convenient excuse of "GST up"

Imagine buying a cup of kopi at 80cents now. If GST ups by 1%, they will up prices accordingly to 90cents blaming GST. When 7% comes it will go up conveniently to $1.
    Last edited by yanyewkay; 27th January 2007 at 02:28 AM.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

i got something else about gst here...

i'm indonesian, so dat mean i can claim back gst i've paid when i'm leaving SG, ain't it...
    but too bad, i live at bintan island, so i enter Sg via Tanah Merah ferry terminal(TMFT)...
    n can't claim back gst i've paid on TMFT.
    they said GST only can claim back at Changi Airport...
    so i ask them why, but they just say it can't claim back at here(TMFT).

i wonder why... is there any different between traveller via airplane n via ferry...

n i have another, i bought a film scanner before, then i brought back to bintan, then one day i came back to sg n wanna sell it to a CS member.

then d custom said i can't just bring dis scanner enter Sg, i have to pay GST, then i show him a receipt dat i bought it from Sg, but dat officer said, NO... (he thought i have claim back d GST before already).
    so i have to pay GST again... after arguing for a while, came another officer, then i said i'm in n out via TMFT, how come i can claim back it's GST...
    after arguing about 30 minutes, they let me enter without pay it...

Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2 View Post
    u chose them last year didn't u?
    Lucky I nvr choose them. I still believe in Mr Chiam.

Quote Originally Posted by kajun_liu View Post
    i got something else about gst here...

i'm indonesian, so dat mean i can claim back gst i've paid when i'm leaving SG, ain't it...
    but too bad, i live at bintan island, so i enter Sg via Tanah Merah ferry terminal(TMFT)...
    n can't claim back gst i've paid on TMFT.
    they said GST only can claim back at Changi Airport...
    so i ask them why, but they just say it can't claim back at here(TMFT).

i wonder why... is there any different between traveller via airplane n via ferry...

n i have another, i bought a film scanner before, then i brought back to bintan, then one day i came back to sg n wanna sell it to a CS member.

then d custom said i can't just bring dis scanner enter Sg, i have to pay GST, then i show him a receipt dat i bought it from Sg, but dat officer said, NO... (he thought i have claim back d GST before already).
    so i have to pay GST again... after arguing for a while, came another officer, then i said i'm in n out via TMFT, how come i can claim back it's GST...
    after arguing about 30 minutes, they let me enter without pay it...
    You brought up a good point.

../azul123

since pple choses them , they can only blames denselves , haha is very funny that govt actually use eating medicine to describe in rising the GST .. aiya bottom line , since going to die anyway might as well die faster

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81 View Post
    Lucky I nvr choose them. I still believe in Mr Chiam.
    lolz so u live in potong pasir?

discussion of politics....

dudes, you guys really dun wanna go there.
    it's a matter of time this thread gets locked.

wut to do... like it or not... theres nothing anyone can do.

Quote Originally Posted by legiz View Post
    since pple choses them , they can only blames denselves , haha is very funny that govt actually use eating medicine to describe in rising the GST .. aiya bottom line , since going to die anyway might as well die faster

The 66.6% is not of the entire eligible voters population. 66.6% of the 'chosen" ones. I noticed that in my area, the "chosen" ones are only a insignificant portion of the estate. Take Bukit Panjang for example. The SMC is only a small cluster of flats compared to the entire Bukit Panjang, Jelapang,Senja Etc. ALOT of areas NOT "Chosen".

Chua Chu Kang is another fine example. Only my small area is "chosen". Greater CCK is cut out and drafted into Hong Kah GRC.

I noticed that, the average age of the voters "chosen" to vote, tend to be on the high side. the so call "Bukit Panjang" and so call "CCK" SMC are the older area of the entire estates. Those younger,more educated residents are not given a chance to vote.

So please, to all those who said, 66.6% of SG choose the ruling *** and hence should not when the GST increases, think again.

Quote Originally Posted by AQVA View Post
    wut to do... like it or not... theres nothing anyone can do.
    Anyway, its a known fact that the ultimate GST will settle at 10%. Take a look at our neighbours. Mostly have their VAT at 10% already. Given our level of Economy, its only a matter of time before our GST will hit that level. In fact, its quite amazing that we can still maintain at 5% up till now.

The "grand master" had spoken, I think on last sun that, the corporate tax is likely to come down by 1%. Well probably thats how they balance their Spore Pte Ltd accounts.

Take a look at all the competition from our neighbour. Northern neighbour built a port nearby trying to grab some of our bread n butter . Neighbour further up North built a new airport, wanted to be the logistics hub of SEA , although there are the safety concerns of the airport's construction. Don't forget about the competition from the awakening Dragon and from India. In no time, foreign investors will pull out of Spore and head overseas if we did nothing.In fact alot of companies are already pulling out from SG n Msia to relocate in China. From what I can remember, Corporate tax had slide 2 % and GST have increased by 2% too.

In short,guess the move is to make jobs still available in SG,and from the pay from the job, the gahman recover the loss of corporate tax. Something like ,GST 0%, Corporate tax 30%, companies relocate ,residents no jobs and GST 7% ,coporate tax 19% , residents got jobs ( but less nett disposal income lar )

Net disposal income of residents no doubt will decrease. The company saves 1% in tax, but will definitely NOT use that savings to increase staff pay by 1%.

Corporate Tax and GST stands at 20% and 5% respectively now. I suspect the ultimate short term goal is to reset till 15% and 10%

Time to get the big ticket items before the increase. Anyway L lens MO ?
    Last edited by stonefish35; 27th January 2007 at 11:25 AM.

Default I'm disappointed with the 7% increase for GST .

Most people say that it our own fault for chosing them , but in real life did we ask ourselve this question are everyone living in a tortise shell and too afraid to lose .

Come on Jeanie this is kopitiam so when you go to kopitiam you will hear this kind of conversation , this is a culture wonder we have , very "suaning" - we are able to talk Cork in kopitiam and that is the only place we talk freely with lots of c**k . Someone get it while others don't someone get emotion and feel while someone kick you down .

As you read my post earlier , i had never mention that i don't agree for the GST increase , somehow or rather I think some of the condition of this GST is good for the Nation but all I'm trying to say is that whenever the Gov. do something , for sure the Citizen respond with their views and most time this Gov. can surely do better by listening and not a hardcore stand in with their policy . Why I prefer Mr. Goh is that he has more Passionate and feeling for the people but I never like the later , I know some people top there and its always a joke that the present Gov. is like tiger with a Smiling face , " when pigs are lure , they die not even know who kill them " Are we the Pig , it's only yourself to decide .

I'm not talking about Politics , i'm talking about my disappointment , do you think i really care who they are , I only care when good ones are up there .

Someone say , we are better just look around us but don't you think that we can be much better . You think in your shell and I think we can destroy our shell . Do you think the Gov. is sincere when they say they want to engage our views . Come on think for yourself , I prefer to say everytime they get an good opportunity they throw it out of their door because it's never important to gain our support than their vision . I'm used to impress with the Leader but not the present now . So what if they get good marks but they still don't care how many feel .

Just Sharing and I think i'm starting to get tired ...............

Pan
    Regards

As you read my post earlier , i had never mention that i don't agree for the GST increase , somehow or rather I think some of the condition of this GST is good for the Nation but all I'm trying to say is that whenever the Gov. do something , for sure the Citizen respond with their views and most time this Gov. can surely do better by listening and not a hardcore stand in with their policy . Why I prefer Mr. Goh is that he has more Passionate and feeling for the people but I never like the later , I know some people top there and its always a joke that the present Gov. is like tiger with a Smiling face , " when pigs are lure , they die not even know who kill them " Are we the Pig , it's only yourself to decide .

. Do you think the Gov. is sincere when they say they want to engage our views . Come on think for yourself , I prefer to say everytime they get an good opportunity they throw it out of their door because it's never important to gain our support than their vision . I'm used to impress with the Leader but not the present now . So what if they get good marks but they still don't care how many feel .

Regards

Totally agree.No feeling for the people . There's a rumour that there are 2 camps within P.@.P itself. No prize for guessing which 2 camps it is. Its interesting to know what will happen among the 2 camps when the "CEO" kicks the bucket. SGX might see a dip , papera will be splash with articles. But behind the closed doors....

GST increases, raw materials go up, prices of food, etc go up.

If I say I'm happy with the decision and the fact that prices of stuff would be going up, I must be crazy. But look at it in another way.

I'm sure everyone's screaming on the kiasu part, "Other countries have their VAT at 10% does it mean we have to be 11 or 12%? Why must we win in every single damned aspect? Can't we just be what we want to be?"

Deep down, everyone of us mother's son here knows one thing, we do not have any natural resources to be able to sit back easy, rest and let things work out, or even have an ace-in-the-hole to act as a bargaining chip up against any other country. What we only have, are 3 primary assets of the state - People, Money & Gold (that's our reserve).

The only way to build up this nation, as compared to the rest of the countries that are resource rich is nothing but through the work, sweat, blood & tears of the people contributing to the nation. Where currency exchanges hands, where money & gold reserves go into hostile takeovers of booming companies of other nations & investments into bonds, stocks and shares to boost whatever capital we have.

I know this sounds like what it is to you all "State Published Propaganda" (and yes, I'm expecting that 666 label to come out of the 334s. So say all u want). But den again, the logic beckons:

In Chinese: Guo Wang, Jia Wang, Ren Wang
    Translation: Demise of a nation leads to demise of family and the demise of the individual

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    discussion of politics....

dudes, you guys really dun wanna go there.
    it's a matter of time this thread gets locked.
    And you are right.

I do seek everyone's understanding in this matter please.

Thank you.

This thread is hereby closed.