Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: Help needed : Dead Lexar card

  1. #21
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: Help needed : Dead Lexar card


  2. #22

    Default Re: Help needed : Dead Lexar card

    If the photos are really important, try giving these guys a call:

    CBL Data Recovery Technologies

    Be warned though ... they are not cheap!!

    However, they are one of the best. Had data from several hard drives and memory cards recovered by them even when the manufacturers themselves wouldn't/couldn't do it.

    Did I say they weren't cheap? Oh yeah, I did, but I'll say it again ... They Aren't Cheap!

    _

  3. #23
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: Help needed : Dead Lexar card

    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    If the photos are really important, try giving these guys a call:

    CBL Data Recovery Technologies

    Be warned though ... they are not cheap!!

    However, they are one of the best. Had data from several hard drives and memory cards recovered by them even when the manufacturers themselves wouldn't/couldn't do it.

    Did I say they weren't cheap? Oh yeah, I did, but I'll say it again ... They Aren't Cheap!

    _
    the 'aren't cheap' part sux! So how much u paid to recover a card? Can PM me the price?

  4. #24

    Default Re: Help needed : Dead Lexar card

    please advise the location for me to replace my faulty card...no more lexars for me..

  5. #25
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: Help needed : Dead Lexar card

    Quote Originally Posted by rafiano View Post
    please advise the location for me to replace my faulty card...no more lexars for me..
    It's at Albert Complex (OG) ... google for convergence systems

  6. #26

    Default Re: Help needed : Dead Lexar card

    Some brand of the card seem to give this kind of problem.

  7. #27

    Default Re: Help needed : Dead Lexar card

    thank you

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,719

    Default Re: Help needed : Dead Lexar card

    i had very bad experience with lexar card professionally. lifetime warranty aside... we cannot afford to lose the picture when we are on a job.

    we stay clear of lexar now.

  9. #29

    Default Re: Help needed : Dead Lexar card

    Never had any problems with my Lexar 2Gb cards. now kinna about using them again!

  10. #30

    Default Re: Help needed : Dead Lexar card

    Quote Originally Posted by ipin View Post
    Never had any problems with my Lexar 2Gb cards. now kinna about using them again!
    Hee... try this series of actions, I've had several files corrupted on Lexar 2GB cards while doing them, not everytime, but enough times to put me on my guard:

    1. Turn on shot preview
    2. Set your image quality to RAW
    3. Take a shot of anything
    4. As soon as the image appears, hit the delete button, confirm your action and
    5. Immediately take another shot


    Most of the times when I get into a situation where I find myself doing the above, I will get a file that is unreadable. In extreme situations, I would have to remove the card from the camera and delete the offending file using a computer before the card can be used again.

    This does not happen with the 2GB Sandisk Ultra II, Extreme III and IV cards.

    _

  11. #31

    Default Re: Help needed : Dead Lexar card

    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    Hee... try this series of actions, I've had several files corrupted on Lexar 2GB cards while doing them, not everytime, but enough times to put me on my guard:

    1. Turn on shot preview
    2. Set your image quality to RAW
    3. Take a shot of anything
    4. As soon as the image appears, hit the delete button, confirm your action and
    5. Immediately take another shot


    Most of the times when I get into a situation where I find myself doing the above, I will get a file that is unreadable. In extreme situations, I would have to remove the card from the camera and delete the offending file using a computer before the card can be used again.

    This does not happen with the 2GB Sandisk Ultra II, Extreme III and IV cards.

    _
    Thanks for the head ups!
    Gotta try this later when I get back home!

  12. #32

    Default Re: Help needed : Dead Lexar card

    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    Hee... try this series of actions, I've had several files corrupted on Lexar 2GB cards while doing them, not everytime, but enough times to put me on my guard:
    1. Turn on shot preview
    2. Set your image quality to RAW
    3. Take a shot of anything
    4. As soon as the image appears, hit the delete button, confirm your action and
    5. Immediately take another shot

    Most of the times when I get into a situation where I find myself doing the above, I will get a file that is unreadable. In extreme situations, I would have to remove the card from the camera and delete the offending file using a computer before the card can be used again.

    This does not happen with the 2GB Sandisk Ultra II, Extreme III and IV cards.

    _
    I ran into pretty similar problem. my lexar 1gb 80X is only about a year old.
    Almost identical to the steps u did above. come up with some wierd filename that cant be opened. got one file even named "..." hahaha

  13. #33

    Thumbs up Re: Help needed : Dead Lexar card

    CBL is expensive. You may want to try Data Savers@ http://www.data-savers.net instead.
    Tel: 64933441. They are known to be cheap. Or rather, the cheapest professional data recovery centre in Singapore with an excellent customer service and recovery track record. And yes, I brought crashed harddisk with all my baby photos. Got all of it back.


    Quote Originally Posted by ndroo View Post
    I filled my 1GB Lexar card with photos and how it's dead! My 20D says ERR CF and when I try reading from my card reader, it doesn't seem to recognize it at all. Any help out there? I tried running the Image Rescue 2.0 but it just hangs at the intro screen.

    I need to try salvage the photos.

  14. #34

    Default Re: Help needed : Dead Lexar card

    Tried my Lexar 2Gb CF cards as described above, and both are ok leh.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •