Thread: Jalan Bahar Dragon Kiln

Default Jalan Bahar Dragon Kiln

Hi guys, just wondering, if I do go to the dragon kiln at jalan bahar to shoot, do i need to ask permission before hand or can i just go there to ask? quite a n00b at this... if i do need to ask before hand, who should i contact? thanks!

Default Re: Jalan Bahar Dragon Kiln

where's this kiln you mentioned?
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Its near NTU, I think the kiln fire only open once or twice a year, other days it is quite quiet. It is a private site and surrounded by fence, not sure they "like" you to go inside to shoot or not.

No problem to go for visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Astin View Post
    Its near NTU, I think the kiln fire only open once or twice a year, other days it is quite quiet. It is a private site and surrounded by fence, not sure they "like" you to go inside to shoot or not.
    ahh..okay..cos i thought they re-opened it to preserve our one of our historical sites as well as turn it into some tourist attraction... would be quite interesting if i could go there to shoot

Smile Re: Jalan Bahar Dragon Kiln

yes, you are right. but do not know the current status. it is at tow kuang pottery.

Quote Originally Posted by agentmonkey View Post
    ahh..okay..cos i thought they re-opened it to preserve our one of our historical sites as well as turn it into some tourist attraction... would be quite interesting if i could go there to shoot

can go shoot... it's sorta like a tourist attraction site... shop shop, shot shot.

nothing much anyway... a lot of clutter.. composition is a headache.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

great, will try going there to shoot once i get my block leave. nothing's a bigger headache than NS though..(a statement i'm sure the lao jiaos will shoot me for being such a wuss ) haha

Hi agentmonkey,

I have been there a few years before and it's an interesting place. just veri ulu to walk in though. You can contact them at this link to express your interest in shooting their pieces. You might find yourself bringing a souvenir or two home too.

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by argent2 View Post
    Hi agentmonkey,

I have been there a few years before and it's an interesting place. just veri ulu to walk in though. You can contact them at this link to express your interest in shooting their pieces. You might find yourself bringing a souvenir or two home too.

Have fun!
    hi argent, thanks for the contact! so they don't mind if i'm doing the shoot just for myself as well?