Thread: Which Picture Viewer is better ?

Default Which Picture Viewer is better ?

Hello guys , thinking of getting a picture viewer cum mass storage so that i can put pictures and view on the go . Have found 2 models that i think are not bad other then EPSON (cost a BOMB) . They are the "Vosonic 8360" and the "Creative Zen Vision W" . Priced at $600 for the Vosonic 8360 with 100GB . and the Creative Zen Vision W at $569 with 30GB .

In terms of quality of picture , which is better ? Cause in terms of price , the Vosonic is a winner . But in terms of picture viewing quality and build quality , which is better ?

Thanks guys .
    P.S . using Compact Flash cards

Blog Entries

Default Re: Which Picture Viewer is better ?

Quote Originally Posted by rexscooby View Post
    Hello guys , thinking of getting a picture viewer cum mass storage so that i can put pictures and view on the go . Have found 2 models that i think are not bad other then EPSON (cost a BOMB) . They are the "Vosonic 8360" and the "Creative Zen Vision W" . Priced at $600 for the Vosonic 8360 with 100GB . and the Creative Zen Vision W at $569 with 30GB .

In terms of quality of picture , which is better ? Cause in terms of price , the Vosonic is a winner . But in terms of picture viewing quality and build quality , which is better ?

Thanks guys .
    P.S . using Compact Flash cards
    vosonic - for the reason dat if can view RAW/NEF within the viewer. this is something dat, IIRC, only epson can do. the rest of the viewers on the mkt, AFAIK, views jpgs only.

Vosonic win over Creative:

HDD upgradable
    ease of use
    Video recording
    Built in Multi memory cards reader
    Faster file transfer (both USB & memory cards)
    Wider MP3 format support
    Can directly play Picture/Photos from memory cards inserted into built in card reader

Creative win over Vosonic:
    Better display.

Quote Originally Posted by poh6702 View Post
    Vosonic win over Creative:

HDD upgradable
    ease of use
    Video recording
    Built in Multi memory cards reader
    Faster file transfer (both USB & memory cards)
    Wider MP3 format support
    Can directly play Picture/Photos from memory cards inserted into built in card reader

Creative win over Vosonic:
    Better display.
    Creative has one more good feature I forgot to mention: You can hide pictures and video, and need password to do the un-hide. This is good feature for people who wants to hide GF photos from wife.

Creative comes with an optional SD/XD/MS/MS pro to CF card adaptec for $39 (available from South Asia Computer)

I currently own Ipod Video 30G, Vosonic 8350, creative Zen Vision W 30G, and just sold off the Vosonic 6230i yesterday.

In terms of looks (hardware) I rate: IPOD Video > Creative Zen Vision W > Vosonic
    In terms of east of use & features : Vosonic > Creative > Ipod.

If you find Vosonic 8360 display quality is acceptable to you, then go for Vosonic, if you are very particular about good display to show your friends/clients, then go for Creative.

I remember our old friend ESPN used to say, if in doubt, buy both.