Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where are some nice places to go in San Francisco?

Default Re: Where are some nice places to go in San Francisco?

Quote Originally Posted by di0nysus View Post
    anywhere in SF to shop for Camera stuff???
    the largest camera store is Aldof Gasser, but not so cheap
    the cheapest is San Jose CAmera in Campbell, but it's 1 hour drive south of SF
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Thanks DP!! Will surf for them now..

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post

If you like oyster and seafood, goto Swan Oyster Depot on Polk St, between California and Sacramento. Best oyster in town. They only accept cash.
    I totally agree. When I was in SF last year, I went back there twice. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

Photography - evening/night view of the city from Twins Peak, city view from Treasure Island, best view of Golden Gate Bridge is on Sausilito side, but don't go the the tourist view point, but instead, on the opposite side of the view point, there is a small hill. Go up there (drive) and you will be rewarded with a wonder view of the bridge with the city in the background.
    Just curious question. This location beats Fort Point in terms of the view of Golden Gate Bridge? I was also told of some island in the SF bay area that is also good for taking the bridge in the evenings, but heard that it was not advisable because it is not that safe in the evenings. Just asking to confirm the rumours.

Quote Originally Posted by agape01 View Post
    I totally agree. When I was in SF last year, I went back there twice. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

Just curious question. This location beats Fort Point in terms of the view of Golden Gate Bridge? I was also told of some island in the SF bay area that is also good for taking the bridge in the evenings, but heard that it was not advisable because it is not that safe in the evenings. Just asking to confirm the rumours.
    Treasure Island on the middle of the bay, Bay Bridge runs thru it, beautiful view, and it's safe. To any Singaporean, nowhwere outside of the island is safe. But really, SF is infinately safer than any neighbors areound here.

Fort Point is passe, everyone goes there. There are construction around that area right now, so it's not so pleasant.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Treasure Island on the middle of the bay, Bay Bridge runs thru it, beautiful view, and it's safe. To any Singaporean, nowhwere outside of the island is safe. But really, SF is infinately safer than any neighbors areound here.

Fort Point is passe, everyone goes there. There are construction around that area right now, so it's not so pleasant.
    Hahahahaa... if I go there again, I would definitely visit treasure island.

Thanks for the response.

Luckily when I went there the construction has not started yet and I could get a pretty good angle.

If you have time to cross the Bay then you can check out Berkerly U - really nice place.
    You may even find cheaper deals at the Oakland Chinatown then in the SF Chinatown.

hey guys...

i'll have 7 full days to travel after mi conference in mid april in SF. Which places would be good around CA? During the conference I should be able to have time in between to tour SF itself. Places that I'm keen includes: Yosemite, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Highway coast road etc. I think 7 days is a little short, and how should I plan the iternary etc....if driving is an good option etc.

Any suggestions are most welcomed! I'll be travelling with a fellow conference mate.

Best wishes,
    PJ

Quote Originally Posted by di0nysus View Post
    hey guys...

i'll have 7 full days to travel after mi conference in mid april in SF. Which places would be good around CA? During the conference I should be able to have time in between to tour SF itself. Places that I'm keen includes: Yosemite, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Highway coast road etc. I think 7 days is a little short, and how should I plan the iternary etc....if driving is an good option etc.

Any suggestions are most welcomed! I'll be travelling with a fellow conference mate.

Best wishes,
    PJ
    In mid April, the roads to Yosemite may or may not be open due to snow. This year, probably not due to heavy winter snow. Youw will have to check locally. If the valley is open, do so, bcause early spring is the nicest.

Vegas is 8-10 hours drive away. If you are really into long drives, do the Vegas/Grand Canyon/ Southern Utah/Southern Arizona circuit. Do visit Bryce Canyon and Zion National Part. If you do, please do not miss Pink Sand National Monument, amazing place, all the sand there is PINK!

If you are not afraid of driving on coastal road, dont get off the roads as it will be a couple hundred feet drop to the Pacific, do Hwy1 south to Hearst Castle or north to Sea Ranch. Both are equally amazing.

What I will do is rent a car for the week, have a few routes in mind, and choose the best one last minutes pending weather development.

PM me if you have any other questions. 20 years in the area, should be able to help a bit.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12