Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 47891011 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 248

Thread: thinking of getting a canon

  1. #161
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    who cares?you taught me to be master to my equipment mah.
    On that case, your face must have a good coating. Multi Layer coating and not single layer coating, and no dust inside .

    Regards,
    Arto.

  2. #162

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    oh, good thing u say.so canon launching new 5d?march aint that far away.
    rumours or real?

    i wont scrimp on lenses for sure.lenses are the eyes...

    5D is "due" for replacement but nothing firmed yet. It's successor is rumored to have 16MP sensor inherited from 1DsM2.

    There might be a few upgraders here.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  3. #163

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    No lah... "Elitist". The offer is only for the elite few.
    Elitist??? How??? I am lending my camera to selected people, and you call that elitist? I call that friendship. I lend to friends.

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    so dp, why didnt u go for mk2?
    i'm surprised.
    you weighed the pros and cons of the 2?
    Very simple. $$$. A lot less $$$. The 1DsMk2 cost about US$7K. The 5D cost US$3K.

    Actually, I did shoot the 5D against the 1DsMk2. Frankly speaking, I cannot see the difference in picture quality. The 5D actually handles noise better, and of course, the 1DsMk2 focuses faster. Then there is this thing with the 1 series being moisture resistance. However, the shooting I do, do I need it? Nope.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  4. #164

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Elitist??? How??? I am lending my camera to selected people, and you call that elitist? I call that friendship. I lend to friends.
    It was meant in a humorous way, to counter the "sexist". I know your offer is due to friendship. Lighten up.

  5. #165

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    It was meant in a humorous way, to counter the "sexist". I know your offer is due to friendship. Lighten up.
    lost weight
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  6. #166

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    lost weight
    Good.


  7. #167
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    4,532

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    i have many friends who tells me when shooting portraits, canon is the way to go.
    i'm not trying to start a dispute as to whether nikon or canon is better in whatever ways.
    but it kind of got me curious,so i'm speculating on getting a canon system to try it.

    question is, which canon dslr should i get?not the top of the range mkii or whatsoever please.

    what's the equivilant of d200 for canon cameras?
    i'm only thinking of getting a(ONE) portrait lens for the canon dslr.

    please advise?

    no cockadoodledoo talk please.

    how come no one recommend Fujifilm S3pro/S5pro?

  8. #168
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    Quote Originally Posted by Errz View Post
    how come no one recommend Fujifilm S3pro/S5pro?
    I think she only want to talk about Canon.....
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

  9. #169
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    4,532

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    oh tot most impt is 'for capturing skin tones and colors' .. my bad

  10. #170
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    CCK-Yew Tee
    Posts
    1,693

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    i didnt mean to say this but since u mentioned my bonus, i'll be thicked skin and let u know my bonus is much more than that.
    (see lah, now people will say i'm a super show off.)

    low noise meaning even at high ISO, grain not really visible?
    U are not showing off is just that U ARE JUST VERY RICH...haha

  11. #171

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    5D is "due" for replacement but nothing firmed yet. It's successor is rumored to have 16MP sensor inherited from 1DsM2.

    There might be a few upgraders here.
    16mp?

    damn...i'll really be tempted man....
    i'll wait for the replacement till april and see how it goes.

    meanwhile, i have so many votes for 5d.
    seems like 5d really good ya?

  12. #172

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    I think she only want to talk about Canon.....

  13. #173

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    Quote Originally Posted by excelglsi View Post
    U are not showing off is just that U ARE JUST VERY RICH...haha
    well, i dont admit i'm poor.

    i work hard for it.came a long way....
    now think already also can cry...

  14. #174

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    16mp?

    damn...i'll really be tempted man....
    i'll wait for the replacement till april and see how it goes.

    meanwhile, i have so many votes for 5d.
    seems like 5d really good ya?
    If you dun shoot sports..it's one of the better spec'ed cam around.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  15. #175

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    If you dun shoot sports..it's one of the better spec'ed cam around.
    u mean it's not good for sports?

  16. #176
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    i have many friends who tells me when shooting portraits, canon is the way to go.
    i'm not trying to start a dispute as to whether nikon or canon is better in whatever ways.
    but it kind of got me curious,so i'm speculating on getting a canon system to try it.

    question is, which canon dslr should i get?not the top of the range mkii or whatsoever please.

    what's the equivilant of d200 for canon cameras?
    i'm only thinking of getting a(ONE) portrait lens for the canon dslr.

    please advise?

    no cockadoodledoo talk please.
    siao boh? it really depends on who is really doing the photography and who is wanking on their equipments leh.

    jeanie!! wake up!!!! both systems are jus as good as the fella using them!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  17. #177

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    u mean it's not good for sports?
    If you dun mind taking sports at 3fps... that's the main gripe with this cam...a lot of us wished to have 5D @ 5fps.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  18. #178

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    siao boh? it really depends on who is really doing the photography and who is wanking on their equipments leh.

    jeanie!! wake up!!!! both systems are jus as good as the fella using them!
    siao?why siao?just because i'm a nikon user i cant get a canon set?

  19. #179

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    siao?why siao?just because i'm a nikon user i cant get a canon set?
    he ment your 5K $$$$
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  20. #180

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    If you dun mind taking sports at 3fps... that's the main gripe with this cam...a lot of us wished to have 5D @ 5fps.
    oic.i dont shoot sports.and i really dont need 5 frames per sec.
    even my f5 has 8 frames per sec (IIRC) also i think i trigger it to hear the shutter only. shiok

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 47891011 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •