Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 589101112 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 248

Thread: thinking of getting a canon

  1. #181
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    siao?why siao?just because i'm a nikon user i cant get a canon set?
    can! u can get any system u like as long as u can afford them.



    cya around then!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  2. #182

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    i dont contest what my friend said.everyone has their own opinions.
    just like some swears by canon.

    i'm being the most neutral here.as much as i'm a nikon user, i would like to venture into canon to take a peep, and be open to options.

    photographers must have free minds.else, you will only see thing from 1 perspective.(i read this somewhere...i not that chim lah!)

  3. #183

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    can! u can get any system u like as long as u can afford them.



    cya around then!
    you know i still love the 105dc though...and i bought it because you emailed me some pics remember?

  4. #184

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    oic.i dont shoot sports.and i really dont need 5 frames per sec.
    even my f5 has 8 frames per sec (IIRC) also i think i trigger it to hear the shutter only. shiok
    8fps shiok to hear.

    But $$$ too shiok until my wallet cannot tahan.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  5. #185
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    you know i still love the 105dc though...and i bought it because you emailed me some pics remember?
    i dun see much difference between systems to systems.. maybe a few different lenses to play with and an entirely different flash system.
    i dun belif there's one system that is better than the other. no perfection.

    it really depends on who is using them as they are plainly, just tools.

    now, post processing is the most important after the fotography in digital age. as most would tell u, shoot in RAW. yeah!

    i remember there're a few fotography courses ran by solid pros such as pointblankshoot(cedric). since u can afford good camera equipments, y dun u consider signing up courses with the real guru and professionals such as cedric? his works are awesome!

    com'on sis! dun b upset! there're alot more in life than getting upset and discouraged!!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  6. #186

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    hmm.. personally i think s5pro is a good option if u are not decided on canon yet. spend the difference on glass

  7. #187

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    remember, photography is ONLY my hobby.even if i run out of job, i will never go into it lor.
    taking course for me a bit serious liao...i cant afford the time either.
    i'm already sacrificing alot of time to do shooting.sooner, i'll have to return to my other neglected hobbies.
    that's why i appreciate clubsnap.
    i learn alot here without having to attend courses.

  8. #188

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    Quote Originally Posted by direwuff View Post
    hmm.. personally i think s5pro is a good option if u are not decided on canon yet. spend the difference on glass
    if that's the case, what diff will it make wrt to my nikon since it uses nikon lenses too?

    anyway, i'm really only looking for canon.it's nikon, canon or nothing.
    IMHO please...

  9. #189
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    remember, photography is ONLY my hobby.even if i run out of job, i will never go into it lor.
    taking course for me a bit serious liao...i cant afford the time either.
    i'm already sacrificing alot of time to do shooting.sooner, i'll have to return to my other neglected hobbies.
    that's why i appreciate clubsnap.
    i learn alot here without having to attend courses.
    haha!

    steady pompipi!

    hope u'll continue to enjoy ur stay here! jiayou!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  10. #190

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    haha!

    steady pompipi!

    hope u'll continue to enjoy ur stay here! jiayou!!
    i do...really.despite having recruited some professional trolls.
    thanks for encouragment.until the day i get tired of photography,i'll be around in cs.

  11. #191
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    i do...really.despite having recruited some professional trolls.
    thanks for encouragment.until the day i get tired of photography,i'll be around in cs.
    dun worry too much. they are jus harmless. jus wanna poke fun at u la... u're a gal and thus, popular in every sense of the word laaaaaaa.




    jiayou and haf fun!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  12. #192

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    if that's the case, what diff will it make wrt to my nikon since it uses nikon lenses too?

    anyway, i'm really only looking for canon.it's nikon, canon or nothing.
    IMHO please...
    don't have to hv so big rxn la...

    the difference is in the sensor and processing - higher dynamic range and lower noise, also you can choose difference film looks eg velvia

    if u're set on canon, get the 85/1.2 n 5d but wait a bit cos there might be 7d coming out soon.

  13. #193

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    Quote Originally Posted by direwuff View Post
    don't have to hv so big rxn la...

    the difference is in the sensor and processing - higher dynamic range and lower noise, also you can choose difference film looks eg velvia
    if u're set on canon, get the 85/1.2 n 5d but wait a bit cos there might be 7d coming out soon.
    i have to...i love peace.not war.

    7d?sounds more than 5k for sure.


    can elaborate underlined?

  14. #194
    Member/Tangshooter Redsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    Hmm i tink for Fuji it has this function to simulate a velvia film like look for ur pics issit not?

  15. #195

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    i have to...i love peace.not war.

    7d?sounds more than 5k for sure.


    can elaborate underlined?
    wait for 7d to come out, 5d sure drop, then u'll save a bit

    http://www.thinkcamera.com/news/article.asp?UAN=366&v=1

    first look on s5pro

  16. #196

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    i have to...i love peace.not war.

    7d?sounds more than 5k for sure.


    can elaborate underlined?
    Wat's yr budget?

  17. #197

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    With all your existing gears, I don't think it make sense for you to get something cheaper like 400D + 85f1.8 as they r not in the same class comparing with the gears you have now for comparison.

    Although there is a difference in sensor size, I will agree with most that a 5D + 85L is the best option for you to make comparison.

    If you are able to borrow one to try it will be good.

    If you really need to buy and wish to stick closer to the $5k budget, one option I can think of is the 5D + 135L, or a 30D + 85L.

    As 5D is full frame, partnering it with the 135L will give you a similar perspective comparing with your existing D200 + 105 (1.5x), but probably also ability to achieve shallower DOF due to the full frame sensor.
    Last edited by Kongo; 26th January 2007 at 07:59 AM.

  18. #198

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    Quote Originally Posted by Venom81 View Post
    Wat's yr budget?
    5k.abit more is ok.

  19. #199

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    With all your existing gears, I don't think it make sense for you to get something cheaper like 400D + 85f1.8 as they r not in the same class comparing with the gears you have now for comparison.

    Although there is a difference in sensor size, I will agree with most that a 5D + 85L is the best option for you to make comparison.

    If you are able to borrow one to try it will be good.

    If you really need to buy and wish to stick closer to the $5k budget, one option I can think of is the 5D + 135L, or a 30D + 85L.

    As 5D is full frame, partnering it with the 135L will give you a similar perspective comparing with your existing D200 + 105 (1.5x), but probably also ability to achieve shallower DOF due to the full frame sensor.

    geezzzzi always tot u are a nikon user.
    thanks for suggestion.

  20. #200

    Default Re: thinking of getting a canon

    suggest 30D + 50/1.2L. should be within ur budget.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 589101112 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •