Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Utter disappointment in a Video Freelancer in CS

Default Re: Utter disappointment in a Video Freelancer in CS

Really sorry to hear about this.. There are some ppl out there who dun really care a hoot about professionalism and just want to earn some quick bucks. Sad but true.. Anyway just treat this as a bad experience but dun let this affect your mood for your upcoming big day.. Maybe this David will have his retribution in the future. During his wedding, the photographer and videographer put him aeroplane, that will serve him right..

Wishing u bliss and happiness for your wedding..

Quote Originally Posted by aaron80 View Post
    Maybe this David will have his retribution in the future. During his wedding, the photographer and videographer put him aeroplane, that will serve him right..

Wishing u bliss and happiness for your wedding..
    ... dun put aeroplance... put spaceship...

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post

<--- check my reputation... hehehehehe....
    Your reputation is SUPER BAD, haha!

DCA is the another BEST CS member after Desmond. Both of them are GREAT ppl, be it from CS or a normal chatter.

This kind of incident of last min "displaying" are very common nowadays. Esp freelancers as they do it when free, not tied down. Best is to ask someone who u know well and good in photo or video graphy. If don't have, forget it else don't get yourself into unnesscary quarrel. Just like me, quarrel till divorce, even before customary.
    Last edited by BBTM; 25th January 2007 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    I am SOooo desperate yday that i even tot of engaging SGvideoman.. but then i worried that he would just shoot the pretty babes and not me

Quote Originally Posted by sgvideoman View Post
    Interests:
    Filming pretty babes using digital video camera

i feel so sorry for you dear....

Quote Originally Posted by Klose View Post
    Interests:
    Filming pretty babes using digital video camera

I have shot a Malay Wedding and a Christian Wedding. The Malay Wedding was shot using a consumer camcorder since the couples were on budget.

The Christian wedding was very recent, about 12 days ago. I think I did not do very well for this wedding, at least for the church session. Most of the church video was under-exposed and I spent a considerable amount of time adjusting brightness and contrast. Then I realized that Adobe Premiere Pro tryout version cannot generate dvd structures, a limitation in the trial version. So now I am just starting to do the video editing with Sony Vegas 7.0d trial version. I don't think there is a limitation on creating dvd structures in the trial version. But first I have to learn Vegas first, quickly. Basically I am now a little behind time with my production workflow.

Fortunately for me, the wedding dinner was shot better than the morning church, in terms of color and brightness and contrast. However, some of the things happen too quickly and I don't have enough time to respond. And because photography has higher priority (or weightage) than videography in that specific wedding, my video camera was blocked by the photographer on a few instances.

Having learnt my lesson, I will set the professional video camera on Auto Iris in future with fast moving events. I think that I spent too much time adjusting the aperture dial and looking too intently on the LCD screen that I did not focus my attention on the actual wedding.

After reviewing a few videos shot with professional video cam, I realized that I have a tendency to over-expose. After reading some theory, it is recommended to under-expose than over-expose, as white washing will result in loss of details and no amount of editing can recover. But with under-exposed footage, as seen in the Christian wedding, I found that I have to live with grain if I have to adjust the brightness and contrast. Using Gaussian blur to eliminate grain doesn't seem to be a good choice.

My Ulead Videostudio 9 Academic version, bought at S$80, isn't up to the task of editing a footage shot with professional video cams. So I didn't use that. Its more for making home videos.
    Last edited by sgvideoman; 25th January 2007 at 11:31 PM.

I'm sorry to hear your experience Static. So you will end up with no videographer?

That's the problem with Singapore. I think videography, and I can especially say photography, is not quite a respected art/profession over here. I guess there are many cheap labors going around. Well, given that this NSF young man that you found is not from a proper source, and far from being a professional, you have to also accept the big risks involved. It does pay to prepare way in advance all the nitti-gritties involved in a marriage. It pains me to hear you even quarrelled with your gf on this. The guy probably can't even be borthered that you are upset. Afterall, he is young and there is no contract/credibility involved. He will just move on.

OT a bit... Sometimes I think it is so ironic. Singapore is now an affluent place where we have the $$$ and top-notch technology. But there are many practices, habits and culture of ours which are like that of 3rd world countries, or even worse. Professionalism only comes in the traditional jobs like if you are a lawyer, medical doctor, etc. There are so many egs I can give but here's one. My friend in the US told me being a tuition teacher like how we do here is illegal! Have you guys thot abt it... Who controls the qualifications of all these so called "private educators"? MOE definitely accepts no responsibilities. Knowing that the person has scored A's in his/her exam is not sufficient. Can they teach? Do they keep up to date with the latest school syllabus? What if they teach the kids the wrong stuffs? Who's responsible?

Coming back, it's about time Singapore should be more professional in many areas. Wedding photography eg. U don't go around messing up someone's big day and feel nothing! But I seriously doubt this will ever happen any time soon.

I hope you find a way out Static. Ultimately happiness is more important than the videoman if u can't find one in time. Wish you and your love wedding bliss!

And in the SAF they ask for professionalism, and this NSF lack of it and it show who nowaday youngsters are make of.. very disappointed

bro, y didn't call me at least i can shoot 5fps using my cam n do a video clip for u

Quote Originally Posted by harrynkl View Post
    bro, y didn't call me at least i can shoot 5fps using my cam n do a video clip for u
    5 fps cannot lah

5 fps cannot lah
    if he loan me a 1D mkII sure can do it

Congrats to you Static Bro. With much regrets to hear about ur misfortune. I sincerely hope things will work out for you on ur big day. I'd daringly say this " i feel that young kids who have "made films" these days are too big for their own shoes" And thus result in things like that happening. But anyways, Many Many happy years ahead for you bro.

Congrats to Static on his marriage too.

Quote Originally Posted by harrynkl View Post
    if he loan me a 1D mkII sure can do it
    5 fps how to watch. must be at least 25 fps PAL or 29.97 fps NTSC or 24 fps film.

Look, NSF (if I understand your acronym correctly) means 18+ years.
    Still a kiddo you know.
    Can you blame him for being immature?

Why on earth did you entrust your wedding video assignment to a NSF?

Don't you know NSF can get "take 3" and have to burn weekends doing guard duty?

I think it is partly your fault.
    Of course the NSF is wrong too.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 25th January 2007 at 11:36 PM.

Deregistered

errr...any conclusion about this thread???

To Static,

Just throw it all out of the window, don't let it affect you. You got a wonderful girl waiting for you & the big day is coming. Even if no photographer or videographer, you got each other & that's the most wonderful thing

Congrats & enjoy!

Regards

to Static, end of the day... you are not shooting a movie or a commercial. If you can engage professionals to do it then by all means, if you can't, dont fret. Pass a camera to a techno savy relative or friend and ask for help. After that edit yourself.

End of the day... you are getting married.... that is piority no 1. You are not making a video for sale so dont worry so much about the video....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast