Thread: Olympus Mju/Stylus 300

Question Olympus Mju/Stylus 300

Isit good? Is taking night shoot (more likely taking photos of people at night) that bad with only 1/2 sec of shutter speed?

Default Re: Olympus Mju/Stylus 300

Originally posted by Xihe
    Isit good? Is taking night shoot (more likely taking photos of people at night) that bad with only 1/2 sec of shutter speed?
    If it's taking night scenary shots, shutter speed of 1/2 sec is definitely not enough.

Default Re: Olympus Mju/Stylus 300

IMHO those who choose this camera like it as it is compact and can carry anywhere most probably shooting handheld...

As for night shoot... do you plan to carry a tripod? (or mini tripod?)

I believe the mju 300 can go up to 4 secs in Night Scene mode... but dun think got noise reduction though..

Anyway, use flash if u are taking photos of pple at night lah.. nobody will be stay still enough for more than half a second for u to shoot a sharp picture without flash.. Long exposure is more for night sceneries..
    Last edited by stk; 21st February 2003 at 10:38 AM.

I'm not planning to use it to take night sceneries. Can it really go up to 4 seconds? The spec said max 1/2 sec only?

I'm choosing it because of its small size, and also it's weather-proof. Thus, I can continue taking pictures even when it rain.

The detailed specs in the Stylus 300 Product Overview Sheet (download) does indicate the 4 sec in Night Scene mode.. But u may want to test it out before buying..

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...oduct=902&fl=8

I'm not planning to use it to take night sceneries. Can it really go up to 4 seconds? The spec said max 1/2 sec only?

I'm choosing it because of its small size, and also it's weather-proof. Thus, I can continue taking pictures even when it rain.
    If you like small size and wants to use it in stormy weather,

go get it!

and partner it with it film brother mjuII with iso800/1600 film night time!

Happy shooting!

Got my cam today. It came with a nice exclusive black metal box. Cool~! Think I'll take some pic tonight when the battery is fully charged.

I got the camera (came with the cam, charger, battery, pouch, 16MB xD card, and the such), a extra battery, and a 128MB xD Memory card for $790 (w/GST).

Paid already, so dun care whether I got it cheap or ex.

Ah, btw, the cathay person said it's limited edition. Once sold out, no more stocks. Dunno if true anot?