Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 193439424344454649 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal Football Club - The Gunner's Thread

Default Re: Arsenal Football Club - The Gunner's Thread

Poor thing Arsenal, so strong up to two third into the season but now left with nothing....
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Haiz....
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

whats the point of starting so strongly only to lose out in the end....
    super disappointed already...no more staying home during weekends just to watch their match already.
    what a waste of my time spent watching their matches.
    i could have just spend the time out doing something else.

Disappointing result, hope they will come back strongly again next season. This year should be experience earning for the youngsters.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

I think we were very unlucky with injuries and some of the players really played too much football.

We needed some leadership in the team (PV4, Tony Adams type) which the team lacked in the final run-in of the Championship.

Sure I am disappointed, but at the players, not AW. He put the team out, but its up to the players on the pitch to perform to their utmost abilities.

Although AW or Arsenal didn't say so, but we are still in debt over the stadium and we need to be pragmatic in our spending.

Don't be fooled, maybe that 70mil transfer kitty doesn't exist....

Quote Originally Posted by FooFighter View Post
    I think we were very unlucky with injuries and some of the players really played too much football.

We needed some leadership in the team (PV4, Tony Adams type) which the team lacked in the final run-in of the Championship.

Sure I am disappointed, but at the players, not AW. He put the team out, but its up to the players on the pitch to perform to their utmost abilities.

Although AW or Arsenal didn't say so, but we are still in debt over the stadium and we need to be pragmatic in our spending.

maybe we should get tony adams back as the defensive/fitness coach.
    i really pity the LB (1st choice), RB (1st choice), CB (toure and gallas), CM (1st choice pair), CF (that tall guy) they played so much games this season without a backup team to rest them for important matches.
    i dont know if is arsene being stingy or what the last most ex player he bought is probable walcot from 2 seasons ago...
    but as long as the chairman is an english, is most likely arsene wont have enough funds to purchase.
    finishing 2nd this season would be a good consolation for the fans out there who supported them through thick and thin during the hard times.

i agree...i don't blame AW for not spending actually. the press have been taking potshots at AW with glee, but look at what he has done for the club all these years. even this season when no one gave us a chance after TH's departure, our run up until the birmingham game was nothing short of amazing. i would say some of the players did not pull their weight. i don't know if witnessing eduardo's injury had anything to do with it, but it sure seemed like some of them lost confidence after that incident. i have see some pulling out of 50-50 challenges. obviously this lost of confidence affected the team as a whole and we lost our belief that we could win the premiership title.

well this season is done and dusted. let's hope they get over this during the break and come out fighting again next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    whats the point of starting so strongly only to lose out in the end....
    super disappointed already...no more staying home during weekends just to watch their match already.
    what a waste of my time spent watching their matches.
    i could have just spend the time out doing something else.
    Steady bro, you have got to support your team through their ups and down. Imagine how Derdy or Sunderland supporter felt, losing and losing match after match but they are still behind their team, cheer up man there is always a next season
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    Steady bro, you have got to support your team through their ups and down. Imagine how Derdy or Sunderland supporter felt, losing and losing match after match but they are still behind their team, cheer up man there is always a next season
    yep...

AW will not buy ready made stars unless he is 100% sure he can fit into the team and is a model professional. Not like Ashley Cole (cheated on his wife, disrespect referee etc)..

Also I really think Arsenal has money issues over the new stadium. The Chairman (Hill-Wood) is a former banker, so he knows that its better to say Arsenal have money (to spend) rather than say "We're broke and can't afford star players". Imagine what will happen if that he said that instead.

Let's face it, we had a heck of a ride over the past few months and for a team that is made cheaply, thats a heck of a achievement. Sure if AW can, he would have bought Torres but he didnt have that kind of cash (I think).

Oh well, let's all support the team and do some self reflection in the pre-season.

Who says supporting Arsenal is easy?

If anyone wants 'easy', then support Manu, Chelsea or Liverpool. Now thats easy...

Football is a cruel mistress.

AW will not buy ready made stars unless he is 100% sure he can fit into the team and is a model professional. Not like Ashley Cole (cheated on his wife, disrespect referee etc)..

Also I really think Arsenal has money issues over the new stadium. The Chairman (Hill-Wood) is a former banker, so he knows that its better to say Arsenal have money (to spend) rather than say "We're broke and can't afford star players". Imagine what will happen if that he said that instead.

Let's face it, we had a heck of a ride over the past few months and for a team that is made cheaply, thats a heck of a achievement. Sure if AW can, he would have bought Torres but he didnt have that kind of cash (I think).

Oh well, let's all support the team and do some self reflection in the pre-season.

Who says supporting Arsenal is easy?

If anyone wants 'easy', then support Manu, Chelsea or Liverpool. Now thats easy...

Football is a cruel mistress.
    cole wasnt a star before mah...he only turn into an ass after he heard chelsea wanted him

actually think of it...i dont think we need more star players. what we need are team players. looking at the performance in the 1st half of the season, i would say the team are more than a match even for the likes of man u and liverpool. when they are good they are simply mesmerizing, but when they are bad they can bring a fan to tears. maybe they should spend the season break toughening their mental strength.

oh yeah! what a ride it was!

definitely not disappointing for me this season
    considering the fact that we are shown the best football we can see by the team and how the team was written off even before the season began
    come new season we can see the likes of carlo velas and eduardo back in the team
    should be interesting then..

Quote Originally Posted by n0eln0el View Post
    definitely not disappointing for me this season
    considering the fact that we are shown the best football we can see by the team and how the team was written off even before the season began
    come new season we can see the likes of carlo velas and eduardo back in the team
    should be interesting then..
    hi noel!
    lol
    we're on opposite sides

Quote Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
    hi noel!
    lol
    we're on opposite sides
    you supporting derby?

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    you supporting derby?
    lol nope
    the

greatest lessons are learnt through the hardest and most crucial mistakes ! i believe the young squad still has plenty to learn!

hope the co-op goes through between ajax and arsenal. Then perhaps...Huntelaar!
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Quote Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
    lol nope
    the
    you say opp end mah

Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 193439424344454649 ... LastLast