Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12273235363738394247 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal Football Club - The Gunner's Thread

Default Re: Arsenal Football Club - The Gunner's Thread

The next 2 games will be tough ... away to Old Trafford this Saturday for the FA Cup tie and play AC Milan @ the Emirates for the Champions League ...

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi View Post
    Yay! Another 2-0 win for Arsenal with Senderos scoring early in the 4th minute and Adebayor in the 90th!

Woo hoo! Not only we have opened a 5-point lead at the top but we've also equalled Man U's goal difference which who knows may play a massive part should the title race really comes down to the wire ...
    WIDEN THE GAP PLS!
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

overall we had a good game. started brilliantly and got an early goal. then sat back and let blackburn have some fun i would have preferred we went on a goal blitz before relaxing though.

I watched the game on tv and credit to Blackburn, they didnt just roll over and die when we got the early goal.

I think they team is somewhat saving themselves and their energies for the next game when we got the early goal, in a nutshell, Arsenal did just enough to get the 3 points, nothing fanciful and no showboating, bang bang! 3 points in the bag

If you read Arsene's post match interview, he is being realistic and tells the team to be humble, there's still 12 games to go. But we are definitely in a better position than any of our closest rivals.

It is a great weekend (results-wise) for Gooners all over the world

CESC FABREGAS will rocket to the top of Arsenal’s pay league — with an amazing new deal worth £33million.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger wants the Spaniard, 20, to commit until 2016 by signing a two-year extension to his current contract.

Fab, whose pay will go from £50,000 to £80,000 a week, said: “I have a contract until 2014 but I have been speaking to Arsenal and they want to renegotiate it.”

The new deal will put Fab in line with the likes of star defender William Gallas, who took the captain’s armband at the start of the season.

It will also see off interest from Barcelona — the Catalan giants said to be eyeing a summer swoop for the man who was plucked from their youth academy back in 2003.
    Midfield maestro Fabregas — who has 12 goals so far this term — dismissed his old Barca side, adding: “I want to succeed at Arsenal and that the club wants me is fundamental for me.

“I am proud to be linked to Barcelona. I am from the city and have played there.
    “But now I only think of winning as many titles as possible here at Arsenal.”

This sunday is the FA CUP FINAL of Manu vs Arsenal.

With all due respect to the rest of the teams playing this weekend, this is the final, no question about it. Whoever wins this game will and should win the FA Cup.

I think both managers wouldnt want a draw because with CL and BPL matches coming up, they wouldnt want a conjested fixture list.

So will AW and AF put out their strongest team on Sunday to win it? What do you guys think?

I hope AW put out the strongest team he can and win on Sunday and to deal a blow to Manu's confidence (and also to make Owen Hargeaves STFU).

Yeah Gunners!

what's STFU??

Quote Originally Posted by Brand View Post
    what's STFU??
    "Shut the up". Go gunners!

loking foward to the match between arsenal against my beloved Milan. At the moment things are not looking rosy for Milan. Wonderkid pato, Kaka and gattuso might not make it

Hope it will be a spectaculor evening.

Forza Milan!

sian...really really poor 1st half performance. speechless

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    sian...really really poor 1st half performance. speechless
    At the risk of being accused of sour grapes, i think it might be best if we go out of the FA competition early. The squad is really running thin already.

Only managed to catch the second half and by that time we are already 3 nil down. So used the opportunity to look at the individual performances.. and honestly we were poor.

I can only say the lads are thinking of milan and not FA cup.

Well played Manu

Milan is next! Com'on you Gunners!

Didn't watch the match but base on the reports, we were second-rated against Man U. We really need to pick ourselves up for the game in mid-week!

After the fourth goal, I wondered why i stayed up to watch. Anyway, ManU deserved to win this one, Arsenal was really made to look bad.

Frankly, as a fan, i rather they lost this game, and focus on the league and the cL. Besides as mentioned, squad already running thin through injuries, no point risking the regulars, as definitely Manu had gone all out to get this win after their dismal performance in their derby match, and we got the Milan game coming up. So yah...lets hope for better results in the more important matches.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

actually i'm wondering why at 3-0 wenger decided to bring adebayor on. might as well have let him rest.

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    actually i'm wondering why at 3-0 wenger decided to bring adebayor on. might as well have let him rest.
    just a small work out or damage control

I cant believe I stayed up and watched a tradegy happen...
    We were thrashed by a passionate team, bent on winning.

We were utterly confused and could not even string passes
    against a team performing as though they had L-ion batteries
    as muscle and we, using Dry Cell technology...

Come on Gunners!

Please whack AC this wed!!
    The sooner you get it, the longer you enjoy it.
    I welcome you @ www.benaw.zenfolio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Benji77 View Post
    I cant believe I stayed up and watched a tradegy happen...
    We were thrashed by a passionate team, bent on winning.

We were utterly confused and could not even string passes
    against a team performing as though they had L-ion batteries
    as muscle and we, using Dry Cell technology...

Come on Gunners!

Please whack AC this wed!!
    Yeah ... we need to score @ The Emirates and not give any goals away ... I just feel it'll be really tough to play away @ San Siro for the return match ...

Kick me for I think I'm still gaping at the loss.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde