Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8232831323334353843 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal Football Club - The Gunner's Thread

Default Re: Arsenal Football Club - The Gunner's Thread

at least we didnt lose the game, can still go back up, once manu slips up again like they lost the other game. keke

i was hoping newcastle to put up at least some resistance for pride's sake...but alas...kena roadkill. Although they been famous underachievers for a while since Shearer left.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

funny...how come my post doesnt appear?
    One-North Explorers

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    at least we didnt lose the game, can still go back up, once manu slips up again like they lost the other game. keke

i was hoping newcastle to put up at least some resistance for pride's sake...but alas...kena roadkill. Although they been famous underachievers for a while since Shearer left.
    What did Newcastle achieved when Shearer was around?

last nite's game was sickening... walcott gave the ball away SOOOO many times!

and if we are dropping points against teams like Birmingham, then games against Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool are gonna be even more crucial and maybe even be title deciding.. which is not ideal

Quote Originally Posted by Brand View Post
    last nite's game was sickening... walcott gave the ball away SOOOO many times!

and if we are dropping points against teams like Birmingham, then games against Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool are gonna be even more crucial and maybe even be title deciding.. which is not ideal
    Yeah and Manu U did really well last night by trashing manager-less Newcastle 6-0 ... come on Gunners!
    Last edited by Adam Goi; 13th January 2008 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CTN View Post
    What did Newcastle achieved when Shearer was around?
    they did won the league back in the 90s? correct if i got my facts wrong. Shearer was still playing for them right?
    One-North Explorers

they did won the league back in the 90s? correct if i got my facts wrong. Shearer was still playing for them right?
    He won it with his old club Blackburn Rovers lah ...

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi View Post
    He won it with his old club Blackburn Rovers lah ...
    oops!
    hahahahhaa
    me no nwc fan, paiseh!
    One-North Explorers

This week's game against Fulham is crucial.

We cant depend on manu to loose points now or other teams to do us a favor. its still in our hands but we can't afford to drop points now.

Fulham should be practising set plays and try to get free kicks, corners, headers and hopefully grab something. Honestly I am concerned after watching last weekend's game against B'ham.

But at the end of the day its only football. And I try not to worry too much. Sa la vie

Man U is damn 'heng'.
    Always kanna those teams which just sacked their managers on their fixtures.

They faced Chelsea when Mourihno was just sacked (won 0-2), now agaist Newcastle too !!!

Chey... Arsenal also faced Wigan and Birm(??) when their mgr was sacked...

Quote Originally Posted by de_stan View Post
    Man U is damn 'heng'.
    Always kanna those teams which just sacked their managers on their fixtures.

They faced Chelsea when Mourihno was just sacked (won 0-2), now agaist Newcastle too !!!
    Honestly whether Man U can beat teams which have lost their manager is not cruz of the matter; they have been a very consistent and strong side and now Chelsea are beginning to show the kind of consistency which we've used to see ...

From the looks of it, it's going to be a 3-horses race for now ...

oops!
    hahahahhaa
    me no nwc fan, paiseh!
    Me no Newcastle United fan but I guess this comes with the fact that I've been following the league even before it's known as EPL ...

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi View Post
    Me no Newcastle United fan but I guess this comes with the fact that I've been following the league even before it's known as EPL ...
    yup i juz mixed up facts for the nwc and blackburn trivia. hehehehehe
    One-North Explorers

Gunner fans so few meh? Come on ... let's hear from you ... how do see the season so far? Within expectation or beyond expectation? Why?

I'm not a gunner fans but I like the way they play. Out of the title contenders, I hope Arsenal will win the league. I also don't mind if Chelsea wins, so long as Manu doesn't

As long as the midfielders find their scoring touch again like at the beginning of the season, winning shouldn't be a problem. Wonder why the current crop of midfielders are so weak with their shootings. In the past there were always pires, ljunberg and overmars...

Quote Originally Posted by theonlyone View Post
    I'm not a gunner fans but I like the way they play. Out of the title contenders, I hope Arsenal will win the league. I also don't mind if Chelsea wins, so long as Manu doesn't

As long as the midfielders find their scoring touch again like at the beginning of the season, winning shouldn't be a problem. Wonder why the current crop of midfielders are so weak with their shootings. In the past there were always pires, ljunberg and overmars...
    so whats your team?
    IF

Quote Originally Posted by theonlyone View Post
    Yeah ... I'd somewhat agree with the statement ... if goals are coming from more positions, it'll be harder to defend against us ... then again I did notice from the last few seasons (or should I say since Arsene took over the helm, only a few players are authorised to shoot @ will ...

Not true lah.. AW always encourage the players to go forward and enjoy themselves. Even Tony Adams scored afew during his time when AW was coach..

And don't forget all those equalizers from Gallas

I think its becoz of TH14, he became quite a prima donna the last few seasons, so the team have to pass to him to shoot and hence it looks like no one else is 'authorised' to shoot.

I just wanna say AW is an attacking football coach, he would like every player to score goals if they could coz goals entertains the crowd and wins the game!

Quote Originally Posted by emirates View Post
    so whats your team?
    blackburn rovers