Arsenal won 1-0!!! 9 wins in a row! Woohoo!
Its great to be Gooner!
Looking forward to Oct 28 game against Liverpool. Bring it on!
No disrepect to the other teams, Arsenal have not met any of the other 'Big 4' teams which should be the benchmark for this season.
The 'young' Arsenal team needs to beat the big boys of EPL, 9 wins in a row is great for morale, but like what AW have said "we've done nothing yet".
For me, Chelsea is out of the race, Manu and Lpool is still in it.
ya! great to be a gooner!!! top cheers for gunners!
strangely everytime this thread got comment...the other two big clubs also die die will have comments. I dont go read them though. haaa
Yeah.. but at least our Arsenal thread not so many postings which is also good in a way lah.
Here's what I think:
1. Not playing well but winning 'ugly'. Grinding out results. But they not as effective & efficient as Chelsea used to be.
2. The players are not playing as a team yet, and so they will suffer when they meet with teams that will give them a game (not scared of manu, and will to try to play them).
3. Ronaldo not the same force as last year (too many wild parties with Nani & Anderson?)
1. Rafa will rotate the team out of the EPL competition if he keeps changing the squad like that.. ( Torres is in my fantasy league team somemore! )
2. Results against the lower teams not as good.
3. Rafa have no experience winning the EPL, only Fergie & AW has. I think this will matter in the final months/weeks of the season.
Grab this from the net..
Hill-Wood on Kroenke : We liked him
By Myles Palmer
At last, Danny Fiszman has met American sports tycoon Stan Kroenke.
The whole board was there and the Yank got the full treatment. He must be amazed, or amused, that Arsenal's attitude to him has changed so much and so quickly.
After meeting the directors in the luxurious Diamond Club, Stan was given a full tour of the stadium and the Highbury Square property development by MD Keith Edelman, who has met Kroenke several times before.
Dan Rowan reported the story on Sky Sports News on Thursday night. Rowan said : Stan has promised not to sell his shares to Usmanov. In the present circumstances, that is big news. For this relief, much thanks.
A board position for Kroenke is possible but Peter Hill-Wood told Gary Jacob of The Times that such a move wasn't on the radar yet.
“The meeting went very well, it was very positive and everyone got on well together and we liked him. He was impressed by the stadium and what we were doing.”
Asked if there were plans to invite Kroenke to join the board, the chairman said, “I don’t know about that - that is a long way off."
Oct 4, 2007
Last edited by FooFighter; 5th October 2007 at 04:52 PM.
i only wish Arsenal could have played chelsea, man u and liverpool now... rather than during the turn of the year when the gunners traditionally get into a bad run and perhaps time enough for the other 3 teams to get over their initial sputtering starts...
Arsenal 3-2 Sunderland.
Phew. That was close.
Good thing about games like this is that it reminds them not to be complacent.
our defence still needs improvement
It was a close one ... the lads do really look out of sorts, guess it must be due to the mid-week away game in Romania ...
Nevertheless a good result!
another proud gunners fan here! since primary 3, during bergkamp days. even overmars, petite(spell?),keown, and seaman!
Last edited by liionel; 8th October 2007 at 10:47 PM.