Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 381112131415182338 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal Football Club - The Gunner's Thread

Default Re: Arsenal Football Club - The Gunner's Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post
    Only two weeks in and there is just a single team left with a 100% record, Man City...
    Simply amazing..

If this means that the tittle race will be closer than last season, i.e. top teams dropping points against the others, i guess its not a bad trend.

As for Lehman, Wenger does not usually have a policy of benching regular players, not sure how long till his patience runs out.
    and city are the only team yet to concede a goal

i think lehman needs a rest...bring in almunia for a while...or the new keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post

cant agree with you more.. with how lehmann is performing right now, dun think alumnia or fabiaski can be any worse.. quite curious to see fabiaski play.. could be another 'fab'?

Quote Originally Posted by Brand View Post
    cant agree with you more.. with how lehmann is performing right now, dun think alumnia or fabiaski can be any worse.. quite curious to see fabiaski play.. could be another 'fab'?
    you mean fab barthez? i certainly hope not!

See how Lehman performs for Germany, if he looks solid then AW would still play him this saturday..

and city are the only team yet to concede a goal

Next fixture would be Arsenal VS Man City right? Hopefully Man City's 100% ends there..

I dont recall Alumnia making as many howlers as lenman, hope Alumnia gets a chance soon.
    Last edited by ahbian; 21st August 2007 at 08:17 PM.

Honestly if I have to choose between Lehman and Aluminia, I will take Lehman everytime.

I think he is more commanding in the box and he shouts at defenders, which i think is good.

Quote Originally Posted by FooFighter View Post
    Honestly if I have to choose between Lehman and Aluminia, I will take Lehman everytime.

I think he is more commanding in the box and he shouts at defenders, which i think is good.
    i think almunia did quite well during pre-season.

News just in...

Arsenal are set to have crisis talks with midfielder star Gilberto who could be the latest big player to leave the Emirates Stadium.

Gilberto is furious that he wasn't handed the captaincy after Thierry Henry left for Barcelona and is ready to demand a move.

Arsene Wenger handed the captain's arm band to William Gallas and Brazil star Gilberto may now quit the club in protest, although at the time he said he was disappointed but not upset.

Italian giants Juventus are ready to make a move for Gilberto but have already had one 4million bid rejected, although it is thought that the Gunners may consider their position once the bidding hits the 6million mark.

Source: Clubcall.com

-----------

looks like cesc and flamini seems to be the preferred centre midfielders for now.. until AW gets another centre midfield to pair with cesc.. no wonder he's looking at luka modric / diarra
    Last edited by Brand; 22nd August 2007 at 05:13 PM.

i think almunia did quite well during pre-season.
    think he's a safe keeper, not spectacular or anything..

WENGER AGREES 9MILLION DEAL

ARSENE WENGER has agreed a new three-year contract with Arsenal.

The Gunners boss has been stalling on signing an extension to his current deal, which
    runs out at the end of this season.

But Wenger has now given his word that he will commit his future to the North London club until 2011. The new contract is worth around 3 million a year.

There had been speculation that the Frenchman would want get-out clauses, allowing him to leave Arsenal at the end of each year – but that is not the case.

Great news! No get out clause somemore... now we can focus on challenging for the premiership!

Quote Originally Posted by Brand View Post
    News just in...

Arsenal are set to have crisis talks with midfielder star Gilberto who could be the latest big player to leave the Emirates Stadium.

Gilberto is furious that he wasn't handed the captaincy after Thierry Henry left for Barcelona and is ready to demand a move.

Arsene Wenger handed the captain's arm band to William Gallas and Brazil star Gilberto may now quit the club in protest, although at the time he said he was disappointed but not upset.

Italian giants Juventus are ready to make a move for Gilberto but have already had one 4million bid rejected, although it is thought that the Gunners may consider their position once the bidding hits the 6million mark.

Source: Clubcall.com

-----------

looks like cesc and flamini seems to be the preferred centre midfielders for now.. until AW gets another centre midfield to pair with cesc.. no wonder he's looking at luka modric / diarra

I hope Gilberto stays, he is IMPORTANT to the team.. if he played last sunday, Richard Dunn would not have been able to score that equalizer

wats the latest? im so out of touch without internet for the past 2 mths....heh
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

woah! no internet for 2 months? Where were you? In prison?

To summarise, Arsenal have not lost yet and the kids are out to prove they can survive PTH (post Thiery Henry)

Btw, Hleb is playing better and better...

Update :

Found a nice article on AW: Building a better future drives Arsene Wenger

Find time to read it. Its a long article based on an interview with AW when he, Gilberto & Clichy went to visit a special autism school to promote Arsenal's campaign to raise 250K for its sports facilities.

Some choice quotes:

"But when Gilberto and Clichy come today, they give their presence to help other people. I prefer that. It makes them better people; it makes them more rounded. I feel humility is a fantastic quality. It gives the first intelligence to people that life doesn't stop with you. I was always very lucky with the players at Arsenal that way."
    Last edited by FooFighter; 25th August 2007 at 09:58 AM.

Arsenal beat Sparta Prague 3-0 this morning (5-0 aggregate)

Scorers : Rosicky, Fabregas & Dudu

Champions League football is coming! 10th season in a row.

Arsenal is having AGM in September, can't wat to see what is the financial status of the clb since the move to Emirates. Everything is coming into place..

which day is the closing transfer day?
    One-North Explorers

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    which day is the closing transfer day?
    Aug 31..

Unhappy Re: Arsenal Football Club - The Gunner's Thread

Gooners rocked as Dein sells shares to Russian oligarch

By Myles Palmer

Chairman Peter Hill-Wood said earlier this year that Danny Fiszman would never sell his shares unless he got "really brassed off."

On Thursday I heard that a "briefing " would be given by David Dein somewhere in Camden.

Sure enough, Dein announced that he has sold his 14.58% stake for 75 million to a company jointly owned by the Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov and Farhad Moshiri, a London-based investor. The company, Red and White Holdings, will have Dein as its chairman. Additional funds have been committed to buy more Arsenal shares, although Dein insists there is no "current intention" to try to take over the entire club.

So 26.79% of AFC is now owned by a US billionaire and a Russian billionaire.

Dein has sold to an oligarch. The directors did not want to sell to Stan Kroenke, a nice, sensible basketball player from Missouri, so they kicked out David Dein, who has now sold his shares to an oligarch. One imagines that Danny will be brassed off. He will now regret removing Dein from the board.

What will happen now? Is it all over for the present Arsenal board ?

The Russians are serious investors with huge financial clout and a plan which probably includes controlling world football by owning Arsenal and Chelsea.

This shock development suggests that Dein has burned his bridges with Stan Kroenke, who cannot now gain control, so Kroenke's 12% will be for sale to the highest bidder.

The hedge funds could come under serious pressure from the new investors in their other businesses if they get in the way. So Lansdowne Partners may be forced to play ball. The Arsenal board hold less than 50%. If they don't sell now, there may be no liquid market for their shares when they want to get out. Their investment bank advisers will be pressurising them to take the value on offer now.

The timing of the announcement, when Arsene Wenger is within a week of signing a new three-year contract, is interesting.

Yeah ... another win!

10-men Arsenal beat Portsmouth 3-1!

Our next match will be Tottenham ... it's going to be a tasty one ...

Watching the match against Portsmouth, it confirmed my assessment that Adedabayor is the weak link in the team, especially if they adopt the lone striker system.

As the frontman, he has neither the ability to hold the ball nor dribble past defenders. He also pulls out of challenges too easily. Would like to see how Bendtner does in that position.

On another note, Clichy is really doing quite well isn't he. Quicker and more commited than Cashely Cole.
    Last edited by ahbian; 3rd September 2007 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi View Post
    Yeah ... another win!

10-men Arsenal beat Portsmouth 3-1!

Our next match will be Tottenham ... it's going to be a tasty one ...
    I got jitters bout the derby match, and i hope gunners do win.
    We havent seen the gunners really performing consistently.
    One-North Explorers

Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 381112131415182338 ... LastLast