Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 256789 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 209

Thread: wat other hobbies u guys do?

  1. #121

    Default Re: wat other hobbies u guys do?

    eat! (esp choc n cheescakes)
    Sailing
    windsurf
    cableski

    any ideas to bring photography into the last 3 sports? (apart frm spectator's pov?)

  2. #122
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    SengKang
    Posts
    628

    Default Re: wat other hobbies u guys do?

    Quote Originally Posted by gooseberry View Post
    Hey mate, you into trekking too ?

    I used to go hiking/trekking/caving quite a bit (mainly in Malaysia), but after I climbed Mt Kinabalu in 2005, I decided to keep away from climbing any more mountains for a while
    how come? i wanna climb mt kinabalu one day. it has been my dream since i brought students to sabah for a fieldtrip last year. i feel a weird connection wif mt kinabalu.. i cant explain.. not deja vu, but like.. it felt like the 'coming home' feeling...seems like in my previous life, i was there u know..

  3. #123

    Default Re: wat other hobbies u guys do?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    btw, what's the difference between anime and hentai since i always hear these 2 terms?
    haha..not very sure.. but hentai more like associated with xxx cartoons.

  4. #124
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Central West
    Posts
    1,952

    Default Re: wat other hobbies u guys do?

    Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    how come? i wanna climb mt kinabalu one day. it has been my dream since i brought students to sabah for a fieldtrip last year. i feel a weird connection wif mt kinabalu.. i cant explain.. not deja vu, but like.. it felt like the 'coming home' feeling...seems like in my previous life, i was there u know..
    Don't get me wrong - it was a fantastic experience, and I'd recommend everyone to go climb Mt Kinabalu if they're in good health. The feeling you get when you reach the top after all that effort is amazing. But after the highs of reaching the top, it's a real let down having to walk down all the way again - it was absolute torture on the knees/legs, so I decided no more mountains for a little while.

  5. #125
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West side of S'pore
    Posts
    5,528

    Default Re: wat other hobbies u guys do?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    oh, wasnt referring to red bull.was referring to those stuffs that comes out from the southern end.
    add that word after bull and you'll know what i mean.
    Yeah I know what you meant lar.

    btw, what's the difference between anime and hentai since i always hear these 2 terms?
    Many ppl got the mistaken impression that anime equates to "hentai" but thats not the case...anime is a general term referring to Japanese styled animation or animated cartoons made in Japan (e.g Sailor Moon etc), hentai is a colloquial term which loosely means "perverted". Check out the wikipedia description here. It states "hentai refers to anime, manga, and computer games with explicit sexual or pornographic content"

    Not ALL anime is "hentai". Its just a term to describe a sub genre of anime which panders to adult tastes. Anime has many different sub genres which appeal to all ages, and there are a lot of non-hentai anime stories out there too which are entertaining and fun to watch. Doraemon, Pokemon and Sailor Moon are some of the more well known ones which appeal to all audiences regardless of their age.

  6. #126

    Default Re: wat other hobbies u guys do?

    Previously:

    *HiFi Siao*

    Until my pair of Vienna acoustic floorstanders kena knocked down; the scanspeak tweeters of my speakers kena poked; and my xrcd collection kena scratches when I am not at home; and starting to realised the danger of running a 150w tube amp with the gin-nas running around, have to face the reality and give up the hobby.


    Now, decided to pick up photography again to shoot the 2 monkeys in my house.

    Other hobbies:
    - talk kok in cs, talk kok in echoloft
    - baby talk with gin-nas, kena bully by them
    - wondering where to bring the gin-na go the coming weekend
    - watch some silly taiwan variety shows on cablevision
    - read books, magazines, comics
    - occasionally still listen to music, not listening to system anymore.. phew
    - panicking and wondering how long it will take me to repay my home loan

  7. #127
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    435

    Default Re: wat other hobbies u guys do?

    Sleeping

  8. #128
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    611

    Default Re: wat other hobbies u guys do?

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Wat kind of fishing??

    lure, fly or ??
    Currently tryint to practise lure. I just picked it up really..cause it's one of the cheapest ways of catching food in australia! LOL. Usually I was just using baits getting bream and yellowtails scads and the like.

  9. #129
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    611

    Default Re: wat other hobbies u guys do?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    oh, wasnt referring to red bull.was referring to those stuffs that comes out from the southern end.
    add that word after bull and you'll know what i mean.

    btw, what's the difference between anime and hentai since i always hear these 2 terms?
    Sigh. In short you own a ferrari.

  10. #130
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    611

    Default Re: wat other hobbies u guys do?

    Quote Originally Posted by gooseberry View Post
    Hey mate, you into trekking too ?

    I used to go hiking/trekking/caving quite a bit (mainly in Malaysia), but after I climbed Mt Kinabalu in 2005, I decided to keep away from climbing any more mountains for a while
    lol...kinabalu is tough. Blue mountains on the other hand may not be as bad as Kinabalu, but it's still tough as you're basically trekking down the sheer face of the cliff. Some of those places are only accessible by rope ladders. After a 3 hour trek up and down the cliff for some water falls I called it even lol.

  11. #131
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    SengKang
    Posts
    628

    Default Re: wat other hobbies u guys do?

    Quote Originally Posted by gooseberry View Post
    Don't get me wrong - it was a fantastic experience, and I'd recommend everyone to go climb Mt Kinabalu if they're in good health. The feeling you get when you reach the top after all that effort is amazing. But after the highs of reaching the top, it's a real let down having to walk down all the way again - it was absolute torture on the knees/legs, so I decided no more mountains for a little while.
    oic.. i envy u lah. at least u hv done it already

  12. #132
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Central West
    Posts
    1,952

    Default Re: wat other hobbies u guys do?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wisp View Post
    lol...kinabalu is tough. Blue mountains on the other hand may not be as bad as Kinabalu, but it's still tough as you're basically trekking down the sheer face of the cliff. Some of those places are only accessible by rope ladders. After a 3 hour trek up and down the cliff for some water falls I called it even lol.
    Haha... last time I was in the blue mountains was back in high school, and we had kept to the safer routes on the footpath. Next time I'm down in Sydney think I might have to make a side trip to the blue mountains again if I can and see if I can go on some of these rougher trails.

  13. #133
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Central West
    Posts
    1,952

    Default Re: wat other hobbies u guys do?

    Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    oic.. i envy u lah. at least u hv done it already
    No need to envy - just go and do it, if you've been dreaming about it... take the opportunity as soon as you can to experience as much as you can in life before it's too late.

  14. #134
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: wat other hobbies u guys do?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wisp View Post
    Currently tryint to practise lure. I just picked it up really..cause it's one of the cheapest ways of catching food in australia! LOL. Usually I was just using baits getting bream and yellowtails scads and the like.
    I see... if you need more info on this topic, do look me up.. I can help

    Breams are real fun on small lures too, try the rubber lures...

  15. #135

    Default Re: wat other hobbies u guys do?

    Cross country cycling! And taking photos of my trip where ever i cycle to hehehe

  16. #136
    Senior Member Pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Blue/Green Planet
    Posts
    1,854

    Default Re: wat other hobbies u guys do?

    wat other hobbies u guys do?

    I wear a hat and a trench coat and stalk people that ask me what I do in my spare time.

    Other than that I get creative in low voltage lighting.
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

  17. #137

    Default Re: wat other hobbies u guys do?

    The hobby that is taking up the most of my time nowadays is my Nintendo DS..

  18. #138

    Default Re: wat other hobbies u guys do?

    get to know some model on the show using photography as a reason
    get to know some chicks on the road using photography as a reason


  19. #139
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Deep Deep in the sea
    Posts
    3,409

    Default Re: wat other hobbies u guys do?

    scuba diving
    biking (motor)
    gym
    blading
    cycling
    swimming
    underwater hockey
    movies
    music
    books
    trekking
    travel
    food
    nat geo
    discovery channel
    computer DIY
    PSP
    surfing
    chat on msn
    massage (this counts?)
    beer
    wine
    think thats abt it got others but like do once then stop haha

  20. #140

    Default Re: wat other hobbies u guys do?

    Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    I like to take long walks on the beach....eh oops wrong website.
    u forgot to bring along the L lenss ..

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 256789 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •