Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kia car owners come in: Fuel Consumption

Default Kia car owners come in: Fuel Consumption

Hi,
    was eyeing the new Kia Carens, the sales guy told me FC is 12km/litre. Is this possible for a heavy 2.0L Kia? If this car is even 10km/l (50% city/50% highway), I'll be happy liao.

Really wonder if Kia engine technology has improved this much. I think Carens is based on the 2.0 Magentis engine, does Magentis have good FC?

Also, how is Kia cars reliability, especially the newer models?

Default Re: Kia car owners come in: Fuel Consumption

Quote Originally Posted by clicknick View Post
    Hi,
    was eyeing the new Kia Carens, the sales guy told me FC is 12km/litre. Is this possible for a heavy 2.0L Kia? If this car is even 10km/l (50% city/50% highway), I'll be happy liao.

Really wonder if Kia engine technology has improved this much. I think Carens is based on the 2.0 Magentis engine, does Magentis have good FC?

Bro, join an online car club to learn more about kia. I believe SG Kia club is one of them or you can try my car forum (MCF). You can then share or learn with people of the exact same car as yours. Be surprised to find that the mpg can get very extreme. Things like tire size, car maintainence quality, engine oil type (eg 0W20 vs 20W50), driving habbits, city/highway ratio, fuel type/brand, modifications done, average vehicle load, etc.

If it's an SUV, honestly, forget about good FC. Get a jazz, airwave or a small cc + light weight car to see anything above 600km per tank.

Likely, you will never be able to get a satisfactory answer since "your mileage will vary" will often be your answer.

Reliability will be tricky question here. Invest in what you believe and believe in what you already invested in.

Hi,

yoz... getting a car ??

good luck..

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    Bro, join an online car club to learn more about kia. I believe SG Kia club is one of them or you can try my car forum (MCF). You can then share or learn with people of the exact same car as yours. Be surprised to find that the mpg can get very extreme. Things like tire size, car maintainence quality, engine oil type (eg 0W20 vs 20W50), driving habbits, city/highway ratio, fuel type/brand, modifications done, average vehicle load, etc.

If it's an SUV, honestly, forget about good FC. Get a jazz, airwave or a small cc + light weight car to see anything above 600km per tank.

Likely, you will never be able to get a satisfactory answer since "your mileage will vary" will often be your answer.

Reliability will be tricky question here. Invest in what you believe and believe in what you already invested in.
    airwave sound good..

my classmates jus bought one... inside damn chio...

better than mine...

Smile Re: Kia car owners come in: Fuel Consumption

jus to name a few...

Kia Owners Group Singapore
    http://www.kiaownersgroup.com/

My Car Forum
    http://www.mycarforum.com/

Club Hyundai
    http://www.clubhyundai.org/

Matrix Club
    http://iclubmatrix.com/

GetzClub
    http://www.getzclub.com/

GetzGarage
    http://www.getzgarage.com

Singapore Honda Club
    http://www.shc-forum.com/

Blog Entries

Hi,

erm... if ur paramount concern is FC, then it's either a toyota or honda, IMO.

but, if u want to find your car easily in a car park, anything but the 2 mentioned (& nissan).

i'm driving a cerato auto now. averages ard 10-11km/L. i get ard 400+km per top-up on normal sg start-stop traffic. not too bad. i just installed the broquet in-tank fuel thingy. lets see if i can squeeze more mileage out of per tank. other than the so-so FC, everything else in the kia is not dat bad actually, compared to the early days of korean cars. good for family usage. wifey and i thinking we might get the carens (or its replacement) the next time we scrap this current car.

nick considering a new ride? i think its possible considering that the wish could fetch roughly 14 km per litre n I heard that my frens stream could do that too. Technology certainly helped in area. pricing of car is good at this moment however the financing part will counter balance it.

i'm a ex-kia owner. fuel consumption also depends alot on the way u drive (relak relak, or chiong all the way), and ur route.. be it city driving (stop-drive-stop-drive) or mainly highway cruising lor..

Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    i'm a ex-kia owner. fuel consumption also depends alot on the way u drive (relak relak, or chiong all the way), and ur route.. be it city driving (stop-drive-stop-drive) or mainly highway cruising lor..
    main thing is your RIGHT FOOT..!!!

the harder u step, the more petrol consume, thus more $$$...

Quote Originally Posted by Leinaj View Post
    nick considering a new ride? i think its possible considering that the wish could fetch roughly 14 km per litre n I heard that my frens stream could do that too. Technology certainly helped in area. pricing of car is good at this moment however the financing part will counter balance it.
    technology does help...

for me, i also did the so-called "Undercarriage Grounding"...

now the engine is now smoother and quieter.. change gear also smooth...

fc increase slightly..

Honda Jazz! My bro is driving one. Pretty good considering the price. FC is very good too. Amazing thing is that even though it's small on the outside, it's pretty big on the inside, even the boot.

Yeah, I think the Honda Jazz gives the best FC averaging between 14 to 16 km per litre. Someone hit 20km per litre on the NorthSouth Highway.

hi, i am ex-kia rio owner ! fc about 10-11 litre/km (70%expressway/30% normal road), overall kia serve my well! when to genting highland a few time last year and no problem!

i just change my car to a 1.5L MPV toyota sienta and the fC is about 15.5-16.2litre/km . if you are thinking about a family car w/o much performance you may consider the sienta. check out www.sgsienta.com

sorry the website should be www.sgsienta.com

Quote Originally Posted by yymun View Post
    hi, i am ex-kia rio owner ! fc about 10-11 litre/km (70%expressway/30% normal road), overall kia serve my well! when to genting highland a few time last year and no problem!

i just change my car to a 1.5L MPV toyota sienta and the fC is about 15.5-16.2litre/km . if you are thinking about a family car w/o much performance you may consider the sienta. check out www.sgsienta.com
    So far, I have not come across this model on our roads. Isn't this model from a parallel importer 'cos it's not listed in Toyota's Singapore website?

Quote Originally Posted by yymun View Post
    hi, i am ex-kia rio owner! fc about 10-11 litre/km (70%expressway/30% normal road), overall kia serve my well! when to genting highland a few time last year and no problem!

i just change my car to a 1.5L MPV toyota sienta and the fC is about 15.5-16.2litre/km. if you are thinking about a family car w/o much performance you may consider the sienta. check out www.sgsienta.com
    Wow, your car must be some kind of hungry fuel guzzler. 15-16 litres to drive 1 km I thought only dragcar consume fuel that fast. (Heh heh, just joking)
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

No wonder I have not come across this car on the roads. Must be very rich to drive one especially with that kind of petrol consumption.
    Last edited by redstorm; 23rd January 2007 at 11:46 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    Wow, your car must be some kind of hungry fuel guzzler. 15-16 litres to drive 1 km I thought only dragcar consume fuel that fast. (Heh heh, just joking)
    thot i read wrongly...

Our BM 318i gives good FC too, average FC for urban is approx 10L/100km, while my friend's Merc C200 avg is 9L/100km, which did surprise me for a 2L car.

Heard that KIA has a heavier body, is that true?
    Last edited by billpepsi; 23rd January 2007 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffhiew View Post
    Our BM 318i gives good FC too, average FC for urban is approx 10L/100km, while my friend's Merc C200 avg is 9L/100km, which did surprise me for a 2L car.

Heard that KIA has a heavier body, is that true?
    I am not surprised if the KIA has a heavier body 'cos the average Korean car has a heavier body than the Jap car. That's why many Korean made cars have comparatively higher FC than a Jap car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast