Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Setting for Electronic Dry Cab.

Unhappy Setting for Electronic Dry Cab.

I just bought mine AD-040 n its give me a headache to set to 55% to 45%RH , Call up the agent and yet still confuse. I'm still configuring it. Haven'n put my cam since then. Anybody out there care to teach me how to set?

Default Re: Setting for Electronic Dry Cab.

There is a knob when u open the cabi door just turn it to set normally i set mine 44-50 range , btw turn the knob anti clockwise to reduce clockwise to increase , once set keep the cabi door close for afew hour and monitor how it goes

hi hawkeyes,
    u hav to leave it dere for a few hours before it will get to its humidity level.
    when u place in de camera, the humidity level will be different again, it will increase.
    so at de start is better to adjust till a level for a few hours, den u placed in your camera n stuffs, wait for a few hours n check de humidity level n adjust accordingly again.

cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyes View Post
    I just bought mine AD-040 n its give me a headache to set to 55% to 45%RH , Call up the agent and yet still confuse. I'm still configuring it. Haven'n put my cam since then. Anybody out there care to teach me how to set?
    I share the same feelings as u. When i first bought my AD-060, i turned the knob towards the H side but RH keeps falling to as low as below 40% and sometimes below 20%. I thought too that there was a prob until i called up Digihub and they explained to me abt my dehumidifying unit. So after 2 weeks of estimation and trial-and-error settings on the knob position, it now stabilises at around 45 - 50% as the unit's red light automatically turns off to indicate RH reached set level. Knob is around the 8 o'clock position.

it took me about 3-4days to finalize the knob position...
    for a start you might want to turn the knob to 9 or 10 O'clock position.

I share the same feelings as u. When i first bought my AD-060, i turned the knob towards the H side but RH keeps falling to as low as below 40% and sometimes below 20%. I thought too that there was a prob until i called up Digihub and they explained to me abt my dehumidifying unit. So after 2 weeks of estimation and trial-and-error settings on the knob position, it now stabilises at around 45 - 50% as the unit's red light automatically turns off to indicate RH reached set level. Knob is around the 8 o'clock position.
    not very sure, but i think the AD series doesn't turn off the LED light(at least my AD-080 doesn't)
    Last edited by ExplorerZ; 22nd January 2007 at 11:51 PM.

Maybe u can try @ 9 o'clock .It works with my cabi,around 45-55% and quite constant.Good luck .

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyes View Post
    Hi hawkeyes,
    The dry cabinet need time to reduce the humidity level inside especially when it's new and you just bought it. Set the nob in the middle and leave it for a day. Then check the reading. If the dry cabinet came with an analog RH display it's best you go and get a digital RH meter from HomeFix. Much more accurate.
    Also when you open the cabinet try not to open the door all the way and not too long. Otherwise it will take some time to reach back to the humidity level that you set.
    The nob has "H" and "L". "H" means high humidity and "L" means low humidity.
    As a newbie I though "H" was High heat = low humidity and kept turning the nob to "H" side. But then the humidity level did not go down. Later I complained to my friend and he told me "H" means high humidity. Oh I see.

Mine's a bit odd.... 40% normally, 44% if i turn on the aircon in my room.

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    it took me about 3-4days to finalize the knob position...
    for a start you might want to turn the knob to 9 or 10 O'clock position.

not very sure, but i think the AD series doesn't turn off the LED light(at least my AD-080 doesn't)
    Initially i turned to the 9 o'clock position. My dehumidifying unit uses the one used in the HD series so once RH level has been reached, will auto cut off.

The knob positioning will not b the same for all cabinet even is the same model.

For easy understanding ur cabinet setting just refer to Green LED...More brightness=more adsord= low RH(<50%) and Green LED...more dimmer=less adsord=high RH(>50%)

Hope this will help u.

Quote Originally Posted by limsc View Post
    The knob positioning will not b the same for all cabinet even is the same model.

For easy understanding ur cabinet setting just refer to Green LED...More brightness=more adsord= low RH(<50%) and Green LED...more dimmer=less adsord=high RH(>50%)

Hope this will help u.
    Mine is simple, only a single red LED to indicate dehumidifying process.

i just brought 30L yesterday.... untill today i still keep turning..... camera put in... not same again... then turn again....

Quote Originally Posted by limyouliang View Post
    i just brought 30L yesterday.... untill today i still keep turning..... camera put in... not same again... then turn again....
    It take 1 or more days to stabilize. More days if you often open the door.

Regards,
    Arto.

Mine (AD-050) doesn't turn off too. But it is stable at 44%.

Between 42% to 50% is good but do not keep for long term below 40% as your grease in your cam may dry up......that's what I read somewhere. Air too dry and your cam and lens got grease in it.

Quote Originally Posted by anttz View Post
    Mine (AD-050) doesn't turn off too. But it is stable at 44%.
    Cos your dehumidifying unit and mine are different types.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Cos your dehumidifying unit and mine are different types.
    well, because TS is using AD series as well... just incase he thought his was the same as you and stand there like blurhead waiting for the LED to go off.

well, because TS is using AD series as well... just incase he thought his was the same as you and stand there like blurhead waiting for the LED to go off.
    Cos my AD series is using the HD series dehumidifying unit which only has a single red LED which will auto cut off when RH level is reached.

Unhappy Re: Setting for Electronic Dry Cab.

Thanks guy for the advice..

Still configuring.....

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Cos my AD series is using the HD series dehumidifying unit which only has a single red LED which will auto cut off when RH level is reached.
    Just to confirm, does the red LED turn off when the RH level is reached? Yours is not pro series right?

Regards,
    Arto.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast