Thread: Any recommendation for good scanner to scan flim/slides ?

Default Any recommendation for good scanner to scan flim/slides ?

I need recommendation on a good scanner for converting flim/slides into high res and accurate digital formats.

Not those flat bed, multifunctional ones but something semi-pro to professional dedicated to flim/slides.

Any recommendation that is cost effective (considering I have thousands of pictures to scan)? One important criteria must be ease of handling.

What price range should I be looking at ?

Deregistered

Default Re: Any recommendation for good scanner to scan flim/slides ?

saw one just now. here's the link.

http://sg.auctions.yahoo.com/sg/i::221064497

ease of handing? hmn...... most softwares requires quite a bit of practice and tuning to suit your taste before you can fly.

that's a real budget at 7200dpi resolution where else Nikon or more branded stuffs will be around $2k with that resolution, i believe.

The latest reincarnation of the Nikon Super Coolscan. In my previous office, we used a Super Coolscan 2000 or 3000 (can't exactly remember) with an optional film cassette adaptor. It can scan single film, in cut strip or in entire roll automatically once you have set it up. In my opinion, this was the best scanner for 35 mm negative or slide money could buy in those days. It was easy to use and the scanned quality was top notch. You will however need a really powerful PC with plenty of RAM. I remember it was $2,000 for the basic scanner and $300 for the cassette adaptor. I am not sure what the latest model costs but I reckon it should be close to this.

Some photolabs also provide films/slides scanning service.

This thread is better in Digital Dark room forum.

Regards,
    Arto.