Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 65

Thread: Childish Act of a CSer

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Chestnut
    Posts
    3,171

    Default Re: Childish Act of a CSer

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    how were you degaded. The comments were private to you only, and if you did not post it on this thread, no one else would have wind of it, and no one would have gone to your website to look at your picture.

    you are a hyprocrite. You said you don't care, yet you posted this thread and started talking big about how you are going to trace his ip address and let his school deal with him etc etc. This action alone together with psoting this thread meant you care. why lie. Admit that you can and you want revenge!

    Now that I had a chance to look at the pictures in your website, well, cannot make it is the best I can say. Now, I really feel the pictures suck. If you want to be a commercial photographer and make a living off photography, I hope you have a trust fund. You are not going to make it with the quality of the work shown on your website.

    You maybe a really nice guy, maybe not, but your work sucks.

    Now ... happy?
    Poetic.....not gonna comment on the photos though....might kena traced.....

  2. #42

    Default Re: Childish Act of a CSer

    now i'm really confused...

    someone posted to me in another thread saying this site was a good site to look at product shots IIRC?

  3. #43

    Default Re: Childish Act of a CSer

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    how were you degaded. The comments were private to you only, and if you did not post it on this thread, no one else would have wind of it, and no one would have gone to your website to look at your picture.

    you are a hyprocrite. You said you don't care, yet you posted this thread and started talking big about how you are going to trace his ip address and let his school deal with him etc etc. This action alone together with psoting this thread meant you care. why lie. Admit that you can and you want revenge!

    Now that I had a chance to look at the pictures in your website, well, cannot make it is the best I can say. Now, I really feel the pictures suck. If you want to be a commercial photographer and make a living off photography, I hope you have a trust fund. You are not going to make it with the quality of the work shown on your website.

    You maybe a really nice guy, maybe not, but your work sucks.

    Now ... happy?
    there is details tat i did nt type out here eariler....those email are CCed to 1 of my fren...coz sometime i dun ve time to check...he check for me....n emailing to the sch is adviced by 2 of my fren....1 of which received the CCed email...the other some1 else....1 of them advice me to email to the sch is because his website(non photography) was hacked after receiving such email...
    btw im nt living off photograph...some of my works mayb sucky to u...tats y im still training my skills in photography...by the way he enter the mail...u noe tat he is nt critique the photo...if he is a genuine critique he should ve left his email n name and nt watever something...i can contacemailt him n ask him how i can rectify the pix next time if he provide a email....
    Last edited by dreamerz; 25th January 2007 at 01:01 AM.
    Buying a DSLR/SLR doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a DSLR/SLR owner
    My Site

  4. #44

    Default Re: Childish Act of a CSer

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    now i'm really confused...

    someone posted to me in another thread saying this site was a good site to look at product shots IIRC?
    my site gd 4 product shoot...
    Buying a DSLR/SLR doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a DSLR/SLR owner
    My Site

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Chestnut
    Posts
    3,171

    Default Re: Childish Act of a CSer

    This sounds like a gimmick to get people to look at the website......nice tactic I must say.

  6. #46

    Default Re: Childish Act of a CSer

    Quote Originally Posted by Danntbt View Post
    This sounds like a gimmick to get people to look at the website......nice tactic I must say.
    what insight. why did I not think of it in the first place.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Chestnut
    Posts
    3,171

    Default Re: Childish Act of a CSer

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamerz View Post
    my site gd 4 product shoot...
    ...quite obvious that its self-promotion here.....

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Chestnut
    Posts
    3,171

    Default Re: Childish Act of a CSer

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    now i'm really confused...

    someone posted to me in another thread saying this site was a good site to look at product shots IIRC?
    This also probably part of the campaign.......

  9. #49

    Default Re: Childish Act of a CSer

    Quote Originally Posted by Danntbt View Post
    This also probably part of the campaign.......

    i am the one recommend her to go see the product shot. here is one of the 4 which i personally think it's outstanding.
    http://gallery.sherman-photography.n...album=14&pos=3

    Don't you think so too?

  10. #50
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: Childish Act of a CSer

    Quote Originally Posted by Danntbt View Post
    This sounds like a gimmick to get people to look at the website......nice tactic I must say.
    People asking for views only.

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Chestnut
    Posts
    3,171

    Default Re: Childish Act of a CSer

    Quote Originally Posted by nickonchong View Post
    i am the one recommend her to go see the product shot. here is one of the 4 which i personally think it's outstanding.
    http://gallery.sherman-photography.n...album=14&pos=3

    Don't you think so too?
    ok maybe I was wrong there , but I'd rather reserve my comments on the quality of the contents.....different people has different standard, I tend to be more critical, especially if the purpose is to offer professional services.

  12. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Chestnut
    Posts
    3,171

    Default Re: Childish Act of a CSer

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    People asking for views only.
    I am offering my view.....am I not entitled to that? However, if you follow the thread, its is almost like crucifying....the critic....for saying things which TS might not enjoy hearing.

  13. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    1,454

    Default Re: Childish Act of a CSer

    i think XC also NTU one. he's stupid. point proven =x

  14. #54

    Default Re: Childish Act of a CSer

    Quote Originally Posted by Danntbt View Post
    I am offering my view.....am I not entitled to that? However, if you follow the thread, its is almost like crucifying....the critic....for saying things which TS might not enjoy hearing.
    eer...u can comment on my photo...i din say u cant say it suck...as dp said it liao...i oso nv say anything abt that wat....
    Buying a DSLR/SLR doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a DSLR/SLR owner
    My Site

  15. #55

    Default Re: Childish Act of a CSer

    Quote Originally Posted by Koelsch View Post
    i think XC also NTU one. he's stupid. point proven =x
    lol....LOL...wat has gt this to do wif XC....
    Buying a DSLR/SLR doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a DSLR/SLR owner
    My Site

  16. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    1,454

    Default Re: Childish Act of a CSer

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamerz View Post
    lol....LOL...wat has gt this to do wif XC....
    uni student = xc = stupid.

    i also got the picture what! what's the big deal hor!

  17. #57

    Default Re: Childish Act of a CSer

    Quote Originally Posted by Danntbt View Post
    ok maybe I was wrong there , but I'd rather reserve my comments on the quality of the contents.....different people has different standard, I tend to be more critical, especially if the purpose is to offer professional services.

    I may be quite new here but i learn a short form which maybe imply here. NPNT.

  18. #58
    Moderator LOTUSfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    3,337

    Default Re: Childish Act of a CSer

    question: the number is 9991234...isnt when someone dial the 1st 3 numbers, it goes straight to the "Po....ce". then he is trying to get pple in trouble lor..
    Last edited by LOTUSfairy; 26th January 2007 at 12:03 AM.

  19. #59

    Default Re: Childish Act of a CSer

    Quote Originally Posted by LOTUSfairy View Post
    question: the number is 9991234...isnt when someone dial the 1st 3 numbers, it goes straight to the "Po....ce". then he is trying to get pple in trouble lor..
    OT: Lol, they would not get into trouble de la, I last time goondu actually called 999XXXX thinkin is my fren's no. In the end policeman say wrong number ahahah

  20. #60

    Default Re: Childish Act of a CSer

    Whatever the TS's reasons, he's correct to forward the info to the uni's sysadmin, as such an email is in breach of the conditions of use of the unis' IT facilities. These conditions of use are somewhat stricter than the usual service providers. To extract from one such IT policy as an example:
    "The following are PROHIBITED on the computer facilities:
    ...
    The transmission, display or broadcasting of electronic messages or the use the computer facilities in any manner:
    - to denigrate, satirise, degrade or defame any person, family, organisation, nation, race, community, political or religious group;
    ..."
    While some here may see it as somewhat trivial to pursue the matter, such poor net behaviour reflects badly on the institution and may also indicate a wider pattern of abuse. Consider some what-ifs:

    • What if the sender has been sending such emails out to other people as well?
    • What if some of those folks are overseas, and they trace it and see that it's from Singapore and from one of our institutions of higher learning?
    • What if the sender crossed the line into racist or other more insiduous comments? It's a thin line before such remarks become actionable under the Racial Harmony Act, for example.
    • What if the return phone number is real and goes to some third party? The sender would then be either impersonating and/or defaming that third party.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •