Thread: Going to Boston in Feb - any travel tips/advice?

Default Going to Boston in Feb - any travel tips/advice?

Hi All

Will be making a trip to Boston soon & thinking of bringing my DSLR & notebook there. Will likely be stuffing it into my Computrekker Plus. Anyone hand carried a tripod on board the aircraft?

Any other advice (e.g. shooting in winter conditions, clothing accessories, etc.) would be appreciated. Thank you.

Default Re: Going to Boston in Feb - any travel tips/advice?

Pack your tripod into your check in luggage and hope that it doesn't get lost while transiting flights.

Make sure that you have at least 2 EN EL3s

Also make sure that you're warm enough to tahan the cold. Best is to check the weather conditions before you fly.

Other than that, do go and eat eat eat otherwise you're going to regret not doing that.

when are you coming?
    it is very cold here now...

Flying on 4th of Feb, with a bunch of colleagues. Was thinking of bringing tripod on board to avoid complications with checking in . But afraid would be subject to greater scrutiny, etc. I think I will only have personal time at night, after the seminar/meeting sessions, hence the necessity for a tripod.

Yup, will be bringing my 2 pieces of EN-EL3 & my trusty 18-200 VR .

It will be my first time experiencing snow, so I can only imagine how cold it would be. I think I need to get a better set of gloves. Read good comments about Thinsulate gloves. Would I need those skull-cap like headgear?

Thanx for the advice .