Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 85

Thread: T K Foto Technic

  1. #61

    Default Re: T K Foto Technic

    Haha sure its subjective. Just asking only. anyway probably get from AP since maybe can get special pricing.

  2. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Tanglin Halt
    Posts
    347

    Default Re: T K Foto Technic

    Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    Well I am very sure it wasnt James, Richard or Phillip who served you for they can be very patient when answering customers.
    Second that, not sure who is it you unfortunately met. But I am sure it's not James or Richard. They don't do such things since the first day I visited them...
    Loving my Minolta

  3. #63

    Default Re: T K Foto Technic

    Look for James i got my 1st Dlsr in Nov and never look bck since.He provided me with excellent service and save me from buying unneccessary stuffs.2months later i went bck there to purchased a bag and he could actually recall what gear i had and advise me on which bag to get.Thats Service dude

  4. #64

    Default Re: T K Foto Technic

    Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    Abit curious... Based on past experience comparing the price from TK Foto & OP, which one would be better?

    Personally for service (not after sales services) I don't expect much from the shops... I just ask for the price on what I want... what kind of other services do I need?
    stepped into OP my first time last week and "served" by this fella wearing the yellow Nikon jacket (i think he wears that 24/7 because everytime i pass by i see this yellow thing in there). i step in, i look at him, he look at me, like as though i am the staff. so DAO.. will never let them earn my single cent!

    on the other hand, TK is the place i made most of my purchases from. simply because of the good service there. thumbs up for James, Richard and the soft spoken uncle wearing specs, which i believe to be Phillip? they all give good advices.

    btw, i returned my brand new set in exchange for two times within 2 weeks (because they are out of stock and i had to wait for new shipment from Japan) and finally settled on the third and final set due to some sensor problem on earlier sets. that is some impressive after sales services man.. where else can we find that? unlike other shops who may simply 'taichi' and ask you go contact the respective service centers..
    Last edited by IamJeFfy; 12th January 2009 at 09:36 PM.

  5. #65

    Default Re: T K Foto Technic

    thumbs up to TK as well. Got my gitzo and flash from them. They were patient enough to explain how to use each item and let me try out other alternatives.

  6. #66
    Member engr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    1,048

    Default Re: T K Foto Technic

    Yeah just got something from them last Fri. Philip served me. Great service I must say. I had bad attitude from OP too.

  7. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,436

    Default Re: T K Foto Technic

    Since this is about TK Photo, here is my take:

    Richard is a friendly guy. He is straight and doesnt fool around with prices. He doesnt work in the way SLS does. He gives u his best price and thats it. No need to try to walk away in hope he reduces his price... It doesnt work. haha.

    I think the other young man is his son. He is unfortunately, very discriminating.

    I wanted to buy a product from Richard and his son was asked to bring out the cam to show me the picturs. I further enquire from his son on how the product works and asked in comparison with other products. IMMEDIATELY, he scorned at me and said that people who used the other product doesnt know how to take photographs.

    I was taken aback. I mean, i have been using the alternative product for a year now. I have to admit my photos arent that great but you dont have to be demeaning to your customers...
    Don't brag about your accomplishments; Show us your future works.

  8. #68

    Default Re: T K Foto Technic

    wow tat young man u referring to is james or someone else?
    D7100,SB910,17-50/2.8OS,105/2.8VR,85/1.8D,2xE-M1,O60/2.8,12-40/2.8,35-100/2.8,14-42,LX100

  9. #69

    Default Re: T K Foto Technic

    TK has good service or at least I have always gotten good service from them. They are knowledgeable and can advise you accordingly. One of my preferred shops.

  10. #70

    Default Re: T K Foto Technic

    Quote Originally Posted by JacePhoto View Post
    Since this is about TK Photo, here is my take:

    Richard is a friendly guy. He is straight and doesnt fool around with prices. He doesnt work in the way SLS does. He gives u his best price and thats it. No need to try to walk away in hope he reduces his price... It doesnt work. haha.

    I think the other young man is his son. He is unfortunately, very discriminating.

    I wanted to buy a product from Richard and his son was asked to bring out the cam to show me the picturs. I further enquire from his son on how the product works and asked in comparison with other products. IMMEDIATELY, he scorned at me and said that people who used the other product doesnt know how to take photographs.

    I was taken aback. I mean, i have been using the alternative product for a year now. I have to admit my photos arent that great but you dont have to be demeaning to your customers...
    I concur wif the above- the son's attitude is a bit snobbish- ai lai mai suak. Father more patient and courteous. all in all, ok shop- won't charge u exhorbitant prices, but won't be the cheapest. If u wan reliability, this is it. If u wan best price, gotta shop around.

  11. #71

    Default Re: T K Foto Technic

    i'm curious.... who's the 'son' we are talking about here?

  12. #72

    Default Re: T K Foto Technic

    Got a good service from them last month. Bought a bunch of memory cards, a flash plus other accessories. James gave me a good price to the surprise of Philip.

  13. #73
    Senior Member jnet6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    not here often anymore
    Posts
    8,169

    Default Re: T K Foto Technic

    Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    How about comparing non-grey sets like Lens & camera bodies?
    Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    yep, just compare OP local warranty sets' prices with those from other shops.
    I think they don't sell local warranty products, maybe except for some.
    But anyway, PLEASE VERIFY from the shop before buying. that's the safest way. Don't quote online forum says.... etc.

    Ask the shop ask repair center customer service to confirm.
    Last edited by jnet6; 13th January 2009 at 12:01 AM.

  14. #74

    Default Re: T K Foto Technic

    Hmmm anyone bought from AP and can share experiences? Did read the thread about AP bad service from the list of popular shop threads with the bad service sub-threads linked. But well not every single person can have a pleasant experience at any shop. Just to check though I probably will check down there anyway, is the warranty covered by AP local and are there 'grey' items since it got recommended here in Clubsnap

  15. #75
    Senior Member jnet6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    not here often anymore
    Posts
    8,169

    Default Re: T K Foto Technic

    Quote Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
    Hmmm anyone bought from AP and can share experiences? Did read the thread about AP bad service from the list of popular shop threads with the bad service sub-threads linked. But well not every single person can have a pleasant experience at any shop. Just to check though I probably will check down there anyway, is the warranty covered by AP local and are there 'grey' items since it got recommended here in Clubsnap
    As mention earlier, how can you know that Canon/Nikon/Fuji etc... knows how to see your lens/camera has got warranty covered? Check out with original manufacturer.
    Sometime shops can say the wrong things about warranty, so best to double check both sides. if not go to those reputable shops recommended here and don't get conned.
    Last edited by jnet6; 13th January 2009 at 01:04 AM.

  16. #76

    Default Re: T K Foto Technic

    ok sure thing thanks! sorry if I asked again but its a big investment and would like to seek and clarify my doubts.

  17. #77
    Senior Member jnet6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    not here often anymore
    Posts
    8,169

    Default Re: T K Foto Technic

    Quote Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
    ok sure thing thanks! sorry if I asked again but its a big investment and would like to seek and clarify my doubts.
    All the best for your shopping...

  18. #78

    Default Re: T K Foto Technic

    hmmm. never been to Tk before as i usually go to peninsula plaza, just because there are other camera store...

    are there any other store at shaw besides TK? sorry for the noob questions

  19. #79

    Default Re: T K Foto Technic

    Quote Originally Posted by shiryuu59 View Post
    hmmm. never been to Tk before as i usually go to peninsula plaza, just because there are other camera store...

    are there any other store at shaw besides TK? sorry for the noob questions
    no. got a lot of other types of store, but camera, seems like they are the only ones that cater to the clubsnap type of crowd

  20. #80

    Default Re: T K Foto Technic

    Tk sounds like to good place to buy stuff, maybe i'll check them out.
    But does anyone know if TK sells Crumpler bags? been wanting to get the 7Mill.

    I emailed them last week but till now no reply.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •