Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: T K Foto Technic

Default Re: T K Foto Technic

I agree that James and Richard is helpful and friendly. Unfortunately, when they are not around....the rest are just plain useless and totally unhelpful. Imagine they can't even answer a phone enquiry n the std answer..."James is not around..." or "Richard is in the carpark...."

Quote Originally Posted by sharkspin View Post
    I agree that James and Richard is helpful and friendly. Unfortunately, when they are not around....the rest are just plain useless and totally unhelpful. Imagine they can't even answer a phone enquiry n the std answer..."James is not around..." or "Richard is in the carpark...."
    So bad meh? I will pass by TK today after I complete my stupid report..Hope got something to find...
    A person is useless unless he is standing up for himself, for his future, and for his dreams.

Sorry to dig up this thread again. Just wondering how's the service at TK now?

I'm a noob and was hoping to get a better camera. I went there a few weeks back to take a look around. This is before I found this thread, so I was just going there with no expectations. However the guy there really left me a bad taste. The guy (dunno his name) was totally impatient and simply wanted to make a quick sale, to the point of being rude. I tot even SLS is better.

I was trying the 50D, I didn't even switch it on.. just holding it in my hand over the counter. When I wanted to ask some questions, the guy simply took the camera back, and put it in the case, as though I'm going to dirty it. He gave either 'dunno' or short answers to my questions, and it was blatant he's not interested in talking to me if I'm not buying. Btw, there was no other customers in the shop other than me.

Now I'm hoping to get a B+W filter and CS pricelist say they have competitive prices.. However I dread going back there again if the service is going to be so bad. I'll rather go to Cathay with their higher prices. Maybe it's a one off incident, maybe that guy is having a bad day, maybe he think i'm not a worthy customer for him to waste time over. Just like to hear other's experience with them pls? especially recent ones. :-)

Cheers.

I went there just yesterday to get a tripod, ballhead and a macro lens and find the service pretty good. It was my first visit to the shop.

Tk Photo is a better place to buy your items rather than SLS..

Other places would be Cathay, Mscolor ..

But on top of that do have research on the price well..

For new items I just email quote from all of them and then go to the best winner..
    Regards

Well I am very sure it wasnt James, Richard or Phillip who served you for they can be very patient when answering customers.

I gave up going there when this old man in the shop tried to quote me old price for a Canon lens after Canon dropped the RRP. The price differential is around $400-500. I had been there a few time. They are only super frenly and give good service to the regulars. I now stick to OP, CP or J316.

i purchase all my stuffs there on different days, find that service not bad. bought my dslr, tripod,tripod head, bag, remote from them

Quote Originally Posted by vee5 View Post
    Sorry to dig up this thread again. Just wondering how's the service at TK now?

I'm a noob and was hoping to get a better camera. I went there a few weeks back to take a look around. This is before I found this thread, so I was just going there with no expectations. However the guy there really left me a bad taste. The guy (dunno his name) was totally impatient and simply wanted to make a quick sale, to the point of being rude. I tot even SLS is better.

I was trying the 50D, I didn't even switch it on.. just holding it in my hand over the counter. When I wanted to ask some questions, the guy simply took the camera back, and put it in the case, as though I'm going to dirty it. He gave either 'dunno' or short answers to my questions, and it was blatant he's not interested in talking to me if I'm not buying. Btw, there was no other customers in the shop other than me.

Now I'm hoping to get a B+W filter and CS pricelist say they have competitive prices.. However I dread going back there again if the service is going to be so bad. I'll rather go to Cathay with their higher prices. Maybe it's a one off incident, maybe that guy is having a bad day, maybe he think i'm not a worthy customer for him to waste time over. Just like to hear other's experience with them pls? especially recent ones. :-)

Cheers.
    Hey man, just ask for James or Richard. These are the guys to go to for great service

their service is generally not bad, at least i find they are better then the 2 chinese at OP (no offense). however i had a not so good exp with them too. different ppl gave me diff prices, then when i say the other guy gave me a better price i got that stare from that guy.

i will prefer JO3:16 in terms of servicing, however their pricing is not really that competitive and the place is always crowded! took them so long to notice me.

Abit curious... Based on past experience comparing the price from TK Foto & OP, which one would be better?

Personally for service (not after sales services) I don't expect much from the shops... I just ask for the price on what I want... what kind of other services do I need?

for me is more for convenience because my office is nearby and their pricing is reasonable.
    I always go when it is not so crowded, so naturally will get good service (and advice).
    However, I find it inconvenient when they do not open on Sunday.
    But this show that they have welfare for themselves, which not many retail shops are willing to.

On the side track, i am their arowana 'consultant'.
    Everytime i go there i will walk into their office and examine the fish.

Btw... who is the boss huh?
    Everytime i forgot to ask them
    Last edited by sin77; 12th January 2009 at 12:24 AM.
    D7100,SB910,17-50/2.8OS,105/2.8VR,85/1.8D,2xE-M1,O60/2.8,12-40/2.8,35-100/2.8,14-42,LX100

Quote Originally Posted by sin77 View Post
    Btw... who is the boss huh?
    Everytime i forgot to ask them
    You.. as you are the one paying them $$ for your camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    Abit curious... Based on past experience comparing the price from TK Foto & OP, which one would be better?

Personally for service (not after sales services) I don't expect much from the shops... I just ask for the price on what I want... what kind of other services do I need?
    OP have grey set or shop warranty products.
    How to compare prices with local warranty?

so far.. the service there was alright for me.. i spent quite some time trying the tripods and in the end didnt buy anything from them..
    Canon 40D | 50 f/1.4 | 18-55 IS | 55-250 IS | 430EX II

Quote Originally Posted by jnet6 View Post
    How about comparing non-grey sets like Lens & camera bodies?

Quote Originally Posted by jnet6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    How about comparing non-grey sets like Lens & camera bodies?
    yep, just compare OP local warranty sets' prices with those from other shops.

Hmm might check out TK Foto...hmm how about Alan Photo Trading, 1st floor of SLS...they seem to have good reputation here too?

Quote Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
    Hmm might check out TK Foto...hmm how about Alan Photo Trading, 1st floor of SLS...they seem to have good reputation here too?
    I think the only 2 "camera shop" that I bought from SLS are AP & OP......

Quote Originally Posted by morozov View Post
    hmm might check out tk foto...hmm how about alan photo trading, 1st floor of sls...they seem to have good reputation here too?
    this is very subjective
    D7100,SB910,17-50/2.8OS,105/2.8VR,85/1.8D,2xE-M1,O60/2.8,12-40/2.8,35-100/2.8,14-42,LX100

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast