Thread: Walk...

Default Re: Walk...

Hmmm... A *little* too grainy, and the people are too far away. You dont get the feeling of "walking" as much as "Gee, there are some guys back there".

A single person, walking about 3m or 4m from you would work better.

bc,

was this shot in bnw or color then you convert?

Rashkae, it was sort of grainy when I shot that at ISO3200, did not add any grains in PP. I did amplify the grains abit. I had a problem giving a name to this shot... thought of "Walking with you", "Walking home", but at the end... "walk...". Thanks for the comments.

Jeanie, yes, it was shot in "colour" (is there such thing as B&W in digital?). I can't remember whether I converted the photo to B&W in-camera or in PP.

BC
    Last edited by Scaglietti; 22nd January 2007 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaglietti View Post
    Rashkae, it was sort of grainy when I shot that at ISO3200, did not add any grains in PP. I did amplify the grains abit. I had a problem giving a name to this shot... thought of "Walking with you", "Walking home", but at the end... "walk...". Thanks for the comments.
    Ah, ok. So it's "natural" ISO 3200 grain. Okidoki then.

Scaglietti nice try on a B/W pic but is there anything going through your mind at the point you are shooting the pic? it seems that you are just shooting without thinking much
    maybe you want to give a short discription on the next time.
    Continue trying trying trying

Quote Originally Posted by howxq View Post
    Scaglietti nice try on a B/W pic but is there anything going through your mind at the point you are shooting the pic? it seems that you are just shooting without thinking much
    maybe you want to give a short discription on the next time.
    Continue trying trying trying
    Sort of yes...

It was the hazy night in October when I shot this. A group of youths was walking pass me. I thought that as grown-ups we don't really walk together with big group of friends like what we used to in younger days. Especially nice to have a group of friends walking with you in a dark hazy night...

After they pass me, I turned to look at them with reminiscence of the days when friendship were as simple as walking (or taking a bus ride) home with you... (happened to have my camera on hand and so I snapped the shot)

BC
    Last edited by Scaglietti; 22nd January 2007 at 04:35 PM.

Okay i see maybe next time you could wait for them to come closer before you snap to make a more impactful shot. i also quite newbie so got a lot to learn.

Hi Scaglietti,

I rather like the grain look how ever it was achieved

My preference for the pic would be .... not many people but one.

The single person (where the people presently are) would be in a trench coat with a hat,

facing south/east as we see it.

Ok, I have wierd visualisations but the concept would apeal to me.

Cheers
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

lack subject..