Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thailand: S'pore may lose army training site

Default Re: Thailand: S'pore may lose army training site

Stupid move, really blowing things out of hand instead of rebuilding the realationship. I hope the people of thailand begin to see how a general should just be leading the army and not the nation. Like putting Zhang fei at the head of the country. He seems sorely inexperience as a politician. First the investment curb causing the thai markets biggest crash in 16 years now this. Singapore brings them millions in trade. What on earth do we need to spy on thailand for? Are they so afraid of our army? We have been at peace and allies for years. We are not in striking distance. I think he really has no directions for thailand, so just kick up some frantic nationalism and hope his popluarity last a while longer sheesh..
    Last edited by Tsangstudios; 22nd January 2007 at 10:06 AM.

i think we are in the wrong too, go ka jiao other teleco.

his entry is just an excuse for thai to sour relation, i dun see them doin to Jap, China, Briton

Nevermind la. They don't want the money let other pple have it lo. Have you heard that SG is already negotiating for training space in India?

Quote Originally Posted by compro_1975 View Post
    i think we are in the wrong too, go ka jiao other teleco.

his entry is just an excuse for thai to sour relation, i dun see them doin to Jap, China, Briton
    It purely a business deal. Can sombody else say you cannnot sell your own camera? True there may be pr issues maybe its a body that your mentor left for you, but utimately it now your camera so you must have your right to sell your own camera. If not the whole economical struture will fall apart.

yay!! no more eagle hill!! no more sabre!!no more mousedeer!!! yay!!!!
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

That place super hot, as in weather. I don't recall anything positive memories about Cresendo at all. Wallaroo is diff :P

I'm quite sure we can find alternatives. After all, we only need space. Quoting others, I thought this is good news?

Quote Originally Posted by amateur_photographer View Post
    are you serious asking that question??
    I seriously think it's a ... well.... stupid question
    there's no such thing as stupid questions.. only stupid ppl...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    yay!! no more eagle hill!! no more sabre!!no more mousedeer!!! yay!!!!
    not to mention 4 2L pepsi bottles per soldier during one missions...

all things being equaled, SAF won't miss much even if the thais shut the base down cos we have 'divested' to other training ground liao.

Quote Originally Posted by Deceased View Post
    George Yeo have little to worry about.
    In fact, Ho ching have to answer the billions lost.
    they refused to link the 2 issues together and go and ranting "why Mr T can visit others w/o problem but come SG then must make so much noise"

Further more, the General has already said
    ''The army is also in trouble. Our communications and information sent over mobile phones or via satellite could appear in Singapore,''
    They really have a real reason to be concerned. Think what would happen if some other nations have control of our telco infra-structure and sends troops continuously to sg in large numbers.

Errr I really dont think Singapore is of any threat to Thailand even if we send troops there for training.

1) We are of two different cultures and even if I say if we decide to invade them how on earth are we going to govern.
    2) Why on earth will we even think of wanting to touch Thailand.... practically there is not reasoning at all we will make a military move against them. Against our neighbours in the north is more likely
    3) Do you know how big Thailand is? How on earth are we going to hold the country or for that matter take over the whole country.

We go there for training, simple as that. We buy the telco for money simple as that.

Now the military is just making excuses to create a feeling of tension and nationalism to validate their continuted grip on power. Martial law till now has not been lifted. Frankly I am not even surprised the New Year Eve bombing was done by someone in the present government. To create a reason for the military to stay in power.

We just happened to be a scrap goat....

Blog Entries

i suppose our tourist dollars are not welcomed as well

Yeah...no more training in Thailand!!! Hate to train in Thailand. May be training area in Disneyland is removed, I will then be sad!

This is good news to NSman and NSF serving the nation now! Its the worst place to be in!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsangstudios View Post
    Stupid move, really blowing things out of hand instead of rebuilding the realationship. I hope the people of thailand begin to see how a general should just be leading the army and not the nation. Like putting Zhang fei at the head of the country. He seems sorely inexperience as a politician. First the investment curb causing the thai markets biggest crash in 16 years now this. Singapore brings them millions in trade. What on earth do we need to spy on thailand for? Are they so afraid of our army? We have been at peace and allies for years. We are not in striking distance. I think he really has no directions for thailand, so just kick up some frantic nationalism and hope his popluarity last a while longer sheesh..
    Sorry, but they are not stupid as u think.

What appears to be one thing may actually not be.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    Sorry, but they are not stupid as u think.

What appears to be one thing may actually not be.
    same applies in sg.

Just a suggestion.
    Maybe we should not mention anymore 'sites' that our Green man do exercises...

Looks like singapore could be returning Shin "lot stock and barrel" back to thailand...
    and is like a nice donation back to thailand. The stock has drop to 30% of the price they since bought. Then taksin can come back as a hero to the thais.
    Only temasek need to stomach the lost, which is really "peanuts" considering how much $$$ they made in all the investments.

Quote Originally Posted by wucy24 View Post
    Looks like singapore could be returning Shin "lot stock and barrel" back to thailand...
    and is like a nice donation back to thailand. The stock has drop to 30% of the price they since bought. Then taksin can come back as a hero to the thais.
    Only temasek need to stomach the lost, which is really "peanuts" considering how much $$$ they made in all the investments.
    it could have been many BILLIONS more..

Quote Originally Posted by amateur_photographer View Post
    are you serious asking that question??
    I seriously think it's a ... well.... stupid question

It is a stupid question.

I asked my captain this question, a country with little resources, with no water and food supply. When war comes, how are we going to protect ourselves?

We depend water from north,
    We depend food also from north and elsewhere

Wait for the US marines to save us, I suppose.
    but lucky got newater and treebarks to survive.

The issue that Thailand is angry about is not that Mr T came to Singapore to sample our bak kut teh (as a private citizen) but that one of our Cabinet Ministers arranged to meet him in person, which diplomatically means you have accorded Mr T a status beyond that of an private citizen or tourist. Coupled with the fact that 2 media interviews (CNN being one of them) with Mr T were conducted here. It is like we're implicitly giving support to the deposed Thai leader, so naturally there is a tit-for tat response from the Thai authorities.
    Last edited by creampuff; 22nd January 2007 at 11:30 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast