Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 51

Thread: Gaffered lens makes a difference!

  1. #21

    Default Re: Gaffered lens makes a difference!

    Quote Originally Posted by worker bee View Post
    Dear all ,
    Maybe the protected gear can make the photographer more adventurous , thus producing "better" pictures ?

    Rgs
    Yes, Just what I was thinking...

    Anymore reasons for gafferring?

    Do you think all lenses should come pre-gaffered, like Canon original gaffer? That way the users will take a little more risk to capture that "moment" ?

    Furthermore, a Canon original gaffer on the lenses itself can sell the lens better.
    CS says, "We can't help you ignore yourself."

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    3,287

    Default Re: Gaffered lens makes a difference!

    This is absolutely new to me. I never heard of this till now. However I must say it is hog wash. In this case just buy cheap lens and then gaffer and viola...you have an L lens.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Re: Gaffered lens makes a difference!

    Gaffering helps when I'm shooting Ah Meng with my 70-200 f/2.8 IS VR AF-S VR USM lens. I use the camo type to make sure she doesn't spot me from the other side of the fence. She's dangerous and to think that some people actually dine with her. I'm a "wildlife" photographer and I know what I talk about whan I say she's dangerous. She will spit on you...... and the lens.....

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    260

    Default Re: Gaffered lens makes a difference!

    Maybe gaffered lens looks better, impress the client or anyone near-by and boost photographer confindence.

    Ego boosting may improve image ?!?!?



  5. #25
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Re: Gaffered lens makes a difference!

    Of course that is a MUST!!! To impress the clients. Whenever, I meet a client I make sure I bring both white and black tapes just in case. If they like Canon, then I'll gaffer my Nikon lenses white or vice versa. Works like a chime everytime.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Gaffered lens makes a difference!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Of course that is a MUST!!! To impress the clients. Whenever, I meet a client I make sure I bring both white and black tapes just in case. If they like Canon, then I'll gaffer my Nikon lenses white or vice versa. Works like a chime everytime.
    ha! well i gaffer my camera to my head so that i'll never miss a moment! can use two hands to change lens even faster! plus gaffer tape better grip so i won't drop it in my haste. and as a bonus, when doing long exposure my head stuck to viewfinder, so no need to worry about light leaking in from behind.

  7. #27

    Default Re: Gaffered lens makes a difference!

    Quote Originally Posted by pai View Post
    ha! well i gaffer my camera to my head so that i'll never miss a moment! can use two hands to change lens even faster! plus gaffer tape better grip so i won't drop it in my haste. and as a bonus, when doing long exposure my head stuck to viewfinder, so no need to worry about light leaking in from behind.
    hahaha! wicked!

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Australia
    Posts
    165

    Default Re: Gaffered lens makes a difference!

    Quote Originally Posted by Caspere View Post
    No No No.

    I need somebody to swear to me that the images from a gaffered lens is better then a non-gaffered one.
    Swear to you?! as in WTF?!

  9. #29

    Default Re: Gaffered lens makes a difference!

    Quote Originally Posted by Caspere View Post
    I think you may have to take back your words.

    There are industries out there helping people to gaffer their equipment. I am thinking of sending mine to get it done. I m wondering if it makes my images better, or the image creation process more professional.

    I hope you can read the actual meaning/s of my posts.
    Hahaha subtlety is lost on those to speed read CS posts.. on a side note i gave up gaffering my stuff.. the gluey stuff becomes hard to come off if you leave the gaffer for too long

  10. #30
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    @ AMK
    Posts
    2,616

    Default Re: Gaffered lens makes a difference!

    i cannot believe that the TS even ask this kind of question and wants people to swear to it...

  11. #31
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,601

    Default Re: Gaffered lens makes a difference!

    Quote Originally Posted by Caspere View Post
    No No No.

    I need somebody to swear to me that the images from a gaffered lens is better then a non-gaffered one.
    With all due respect, I can swear AT you, but can't swear TO you over this matter

  12. #32

    Default Re: Gaffered lens makes a difference!

    Quote Originally Posted by slaam View Post
    Hahaha subtlety is lost on those to speed read CS posts.. on a side note i gave up gaffering my stuff.. the gluey stuff becomes hard to come off if you leave the gaffer for too long
    Like you said, the subtlety is lost, not just on those who speed read. Apparently the creatures here aren't as I expected..

    *shakes my head*

    Save the cheerleader.. [sic] probably needs a amendment...
    Last edited by Caspere; 21st January 2007 at 10:32 PM.
    CS says, "We can't help you ignore yourself."

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    1,776

    Default Re: Gaffered lens makes a difference!

    Quote Originally Posted by Caspere View Post
    Ok.

    I risk being assassinated, but here goes..

    I am hoping some photogs here will post images, taken with a lens before and after gaffering.

    Or with a body before and after gafferring.

    Or with a flash before and after gafferring.

    I am scratching my head, and occasionally my backside when it itches, to the science of a gafferred equipment. Just like the MTF for lenses, the resolution and contrast equivalent for such gafferred lenses is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks very much.

    Of course gaffering makes a difference to the pics u produce. Gaffering the exterior produces a miraculous harmonized integration with the interior optics which helps u to produce fantasfabulous images.

    That said, if u are willing to fork out $1,000, i m willing to gaffer ur lens to this:

    #The chipmunks enhanced version 70-200vr#


    With the chipmunks all over ur lens, the gaffer magic is able to transform any of ur lens, including the much acclaimed lousy canon 18-55mm kit lens to produce images of a 600f4 !!!!!!

    A 600f4 cost $13k but my service cost just $1,000 !!!!!!!!
    Quick, don't hestitate anymore, pm me immediately for a friendly and professional, non cut throat pricing gaffering services!!!
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

  14. #34

    Default Re: Gaffered lens makes a difference!

    Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2 View Post
    Of course gaffering makes a difference to the pics u produce. Gaffering the exterior produces a miraculous harmonized integration with the interior optics which helps u to produce fantasfabulous images.

    That said, if u are willing to fork out $1,000, i m willing to gaffer ur lens to this:

    #The chipmunks enhanced version 70-200vr#


    With the chipmunks all over ur lens, the gaffer magic is able to transform any of ur lens, including the much acclaimed lousy canon 18-55mm kit lens to produce images of a 600f4 !!!!!!

    A 600f4 cost $13k but my service cost just $1,000 !!!!!!!!
    Quick, don't hestitate anymore, pm me immediately for a friendly and professional, non cut throat pricing gaffering services!!!

    Argghhh how can you do this?? help i am blind i am blind!!

  15. #35

    Default Re: Gaffered lens makes a difference!

    Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2 View Post
    Of course gaffering makes a difference to the pics u produce. Gaffering the exterior produces a miraculous harmonized integration with the interior optics which helps u to produce fantasfabulous images.

    That said, if u are willing to fork out $1,000, i m willing to gaffer ur lens to this:

    #The chipmunks enhanced version 70-200vr#


    With the chipmunks all over ur lens, the gaffer magic is able to transform any of ur lens, including the much acclaimed lousy canon 18-55mm kit lens to produce images of a 600f4 !!!!!!

    A 600f4 cost $13k but my service cost just $1,000 !!!!!!!!
    Quick, don't hestitate anymore, pm me immediately for a friendly and professional, non cut throat pricing gaffering services!!!
    Aghhhhhhhhhhhh..... What a sin!
    CS says, "We can't help you ignore yourself."

  16. #36
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,601

    Default Re: Gaffered lens makes a difference!

    Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers! My fave!!!

  17. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    260

    Default Re: Gaffered lens makes a difference!

    This lens can use to cover kindergarden events.

    Kid will not be intimidated by " Uncle " carrying this lens.

  18. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    @serangoon
    Posts
    179

    Default Re: Gaffered lens makes a difference!

    Quote Originally Posted by Caspere View Post
    Ok.

    I risk being assassinated, but here goes..

    I am hoping some photogs here will post images, taken with a lens before and after gaffering.

    Or with a body before and after gafferring.

    Or with a flash before and after gafferring.

    I am scratching my head, and occasionally my backside when it itches, to the science of a gafferred equipment. Just like the MTF for lenses, the resolution and contrast equivalent for such gafferred lenses is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks very much.
    Yes it makes a difference, externally only tats all.
    If ur lens is gaffered, u feel safer to shoot in the rain due to the limitation of the lens, go ahead and get it gaffered.

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: Gaffered lens makes a difference!

    Quote Originally Posted by Caspere View Post
    Like you said, the subtlety is lost, not just on those who speed read. Apparently the creatures here aren't as I expected..

    *shakes my head*

    Save the cheerleader.. [sic] probably needs a amendment...
    get a underwater casing then... it suits you more.

  20. #40
    Member chantyeroop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    North Eastern Zone
    Posts
    1,281

    Default Re: Gaffered lens makes a difference!

    Quote Originally Posted by Caspere View Post
    No No No.

    I need somebody to swear to me that the images from a gaffered lens is better then a non-gaffered one.
    ok. let me "swear" the opposite.
    gaffering the lens doesn't make the images better !!


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •