Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: what advantage does citizens has over PR?

Default Re: what advantage does citizens has over PR?

Quote Originally Posted by Deceased View Post
    Yep, you are right.

I believe the threadstarter has some political agenda.
    I believe it is a conspiracy that he is trying to discord the relationships between the PRs and citizens.

He is jeopardising our harmonious community.
    His question is infectious to everyone.

you are actually making a VERY SERIOUS accusation. Do you have anything to back up your accusation? If not I REALLY hope you will delete your post.

Compared the the ST article on Saturday, my 5 line post is far less impact I think. The ST devoed a FULL page outlining the pros and cons of a citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    well.. you get your IC in PINK which some might like it better than blue?

and no.. after you give up your PR it is highly unlikely you'll get it back. My friend gave up his PR because he was a "2nd generation" PR holder (his dad was first). I wanted to complete his uni studies overseas before serving NS but permission was not granted. So he gave up his PR status. When he tried to reapply after his studies, they required him to do NS the first thing he returns. He gave up and went back to his homeland and is now damnedest rich...
    Exactly. How many 2nd Generation PRs actually became a citizen, ie actually went to serve NS to became a true Singaporean? I believe such a statistics will shed some light as to whether the benefits of a Citizen outweighs the cons.

Actually reading the case of your friend, he did get what he wanted INITIALLY "ie to do his studies then do NS" Why did he not serve NS after his studies?

Actually, there are PRs in this forum right?

What rights/benifits of a citizen do you want the most? Is there anything that makes you think, "if only I am a singapore citizen..." or is the PR status sufficient for everything?

Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    Actually, there are PRs in this forum right?

What rights/benifits of a citizen do you want the most? Is there anything that makes you think, "if only I am a singapore citizen..." or is the PR status sufficient for everything?
    I am a PR and to answer your question ...

"if only I am a singapore citizen..." ... then I can go around bitching about the PRs

Gentlemen,

The thread is hereby closed. Should you have any doubts why this thread is closed, kindly refer to the t&c of this forum. If anyone does have any serious grieviences, please feel free to address them through the proper channels.

Thank you.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345