Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4912131415161924 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 694

Thread: Who is learning driving now?

  1. #261

    Default Re: Who is learning driving now?

    practice makes perfect. dont worry. sure can.

    besides, its common not to pass during first attempt, so its fine, dont worry.

    must feel confident then things will be right.

  2. #262
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    2,614

    Default Re: Who is learning driving now?

    nevermind lah, can try again.
    next time not so nervous liao

  3. #263
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default Re: Who is learning driving now?

    Quote Originally Posted by deslim27 View Post
    nevermind lah, can try again.
    next time not so nervous liao
    Ya lor, thinking of passing n didn't think of safety Luckily not like exam, one year later then take.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  4. #264

    Default Re: Who is learning driving now?

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    FAILED!!!!

    Total of 48 pts, so many.

    Mistakes as follow.

    Fail to check blind spot on the front n left while doing reversing. But I do as what I taught still not enough, a warning to all learner.

    Heavy traffic when doing lane change. Causes me to have errors. Next time test date, don't choose wkend.

    Vehicle stall, mostly due to panic when going out n ppl crossing.

    Insufficent speed on moving off. Like that also count

    Lane change too rush, maybe panic also.

    Next test date will be on Sept. Ok la, Aug got IPT, finish up before thinking of driving again. All the best to those who taking soon.
    That's as many points as I clocked during my 5.01. Really shows how much points one can clock when panic. When I'm calm with my group instructor I clock only about 10 points.

    When reversing, you need to turn to look behind, while turning you would have covered the left blind spot also right? Unless you just look at your side mirror while reversing. You need to occasionally look the other side also..

    I'm also doing IPT now, so cutting down on driving practice. Next week IPPT liao.. Driving test end of August. I should have stuck to the first date I picked in mid August.. Sigh...

    Oh BTW, first day of IPT is now a cat test and was told by the PTI that in the IPPT at the end of the session you have to improve on at least 2 static stations and 2.4 by 20s to qualify for RT exemption. They are still trying out this scheme, so I hope my batch is not affected.
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 20th July 2007 at 01:27 PM.

  5. #265
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default Re: Who is learning driving now?

    Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    That's as many points as I clocked during my 5.01. Really shows how much points one can clock when panic. I'm doing IPT now, so cutting down on driving practice. Next week IPPT liao.. Driving test end of August. I should have stuck to the first date I picked in mid August.. Sigh...

    Oh BTW, first day of IPT is now a cat test and was told by the PTI that in the IPPT you have to improve on at least 2 static stations and 2.4 by 20s to qualify for RT exemption. They are still trying out this scheme...
    New rules on the IPT? Hopes me don't kenna cause impossible to make it unless I slow run during cat test n then chiong during actual test. But during actual test, a lot of us hardly take 2.4 leh. I going to be 35, if fail FFI, no need to worry so much liao.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  6. #266

    Default Re: Who is learning driving now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    these 2 are considered mistakes meh? as long as not hogging the road i thought its okay?
    No.. must travel close to the speed limit of the road or the traffic condition.

  7. #267

    Default Re: Who is learning driving now?

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    New rules on the IPT? Hopes me don't kenna cause impossible to make it unless I slow run during cat test n then chiong during actual test. But during actual test, a lot of us hardly take 2.4 leh. I going to be 35, if fail FFI, no need to worry so much liao.
    Hahaha.. I should be a year younger than you are. But don't bet on failing FFI. I know of people who are less fit than me and they pass FFI!! Sigh... So first day IPPT just relax a bit, don't do maximum, don't like me try to be hero.. I nearly peng when the PTI said got to make the improvements but he said not to worry because not likely to be implemented on my batch but I don't know about yours.

    Any other tips on how not to be so nervous during the driving test?

  8. #268
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default Re: Who is learning driving now?

    Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    Hahaha.. I should be a year younger than you are. But don't bet on failing FFI. I know of people who are less fit than me and they pass FFI!! Sigh... So first day IPPT just relax a bit, don't do maximum, don't like me try to be hero.. I nearly peng when the PTI said got to make the improvements but he said not to worry because not likely to be implemented on my batch but I don't know about yours.

    Any other tips on how not to be so nervous during the driving test?
    Don't think so much on the route, you wouldn't be nervous. Try to read up the blind spots on the school book (green color one). My instructors say I ok on parking and yet, 8 point deduct on first page, a few blind spot boxes ticked. Try to look out for traffic condition and don't swing from right to left n vice versa. Try to relax yourself. Good luck on your test. Need tips if fail, pm me.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  9. #269

    Default # Dummy's guide to parallel parking

    Think this is a gone case!

    One more lesson tomorrow before TP test on Monday, my parallel parking is still bonkas. Steps all wrong. Wah lao... it got so bad my instructor had to jot in my notebook, Left Right Right Left.

    See the first pole from the rear, full lock to left...
    See second pole appear on right mirror, 2 rounds to the right...
    See first pole in the front, full lock to right...
    Make sure I don't hit the rear poles while reversing...
    Then 1st gear turn left to straighten the wheels...
    Reverse move back to center of parking lot...
    Neutral and hand brake.
    Raise both arms surrender to tester.
    Then 1st gear move to the front again...
    Reverse full lock to the left
    Signal right and 1st gear move out...
    Then pray.

    Wah lao check left check right center up down behind...
    Only 2 eyes how to do so many safety checks in one go?

    Cookie, think I am one of the sistas who cannot drive and have zero sense of direction.

    Second instructor got scared. Asked me if it is him or if it is me. Because since previous instructors cleared my parallel parking, how come now I can't do it at all. Even my crank and S courses are hitting the kerbs. Think I will do very badly for my circuit.

  10. #270

    Default Re: # Dummy's guide to parallel parking

    Quote Originally Posted by Yayne View Post
    Think this is a gone case!

    One more lesson tomorrow before TP test on Monday, my parallel parking is still bonkas. Steps all wrong. Wah lao... it got so bad my instructor had to jot in my notebook, Left Right Right Left.

    See the first pole from the rear, full lock to left...
    See second pole appear on right mirror, 2 rounds to the right...
    See first pole in the front, full lock to right...
    Make sure I don't hit the rear poles while reversing...
    Then 1st gear turn left to straighten the wheels...
    Reverse move back to center of parking lot...
    Neutral and hand brake.
    Raise both arms surrender to tester.
    Then 1st gear move to the front again...
    Reverse full lock to the left
    Signal right and 1st gear move out...
    Then pray.

    Wah lao check left check right center up down behind...
    Only 2 eyes how to do so many safety checks in one go?

    Cookie, think I am one of the sistas who cannot drive and have zero sense of direction.

    Second instructor got scared. Asked me if it is him or if it is me. Because since previous instructors cleared my parallel parking, how come now I can't do it at all. Even my crank and S courses are hitting the kerbs. Think I will do very badly for my circuit.
    Relax, dun think too much of these "steps". Sometimes thinking of these steps can cause failure.

    Just enjoy the session.

  11. #271
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default Re: Who is learning driving now?

    Bi directional turning also got hidden blind spots but my instructor no tells me.

    Yayne, you drive auto n then to manual, will be having different car model too. If not wrong, you drive Civic during Auto n City during Manual.

    Try to control the clutch n gas pedal, don't be afraid, you need to check all those inorder to get a good parking.

    Hitting kerb is quite a common mistakes, don't be sad abt it but for me, I don't think I hit once.

    Try your best during test. All the best n hope u pass. Don't let them eat ur $.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  12. #272

    Default Re: Who is learning driving now?

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Got a lot of blind spot been ticked, so, not sure during circuit or not? Circuit also kenna 2 errors, 8 pts in total.

    Know my mistakes, will work on the weak points. Lane change, really need to think n react fast. Got once, I make it during practise. Slow down n wait for cars to pass before lane change. During test, forget abt it.
    Good attitude. =)

    Don't worry too much about it, and relax during the test. Get more practice sessions, so that you'll be used to the test style. For lane change, the idea is that you have already been keeping a look out via the rear view mirror etc so you know roughly the traffic situation behind you. Therefore, when asked to say, make a right turn, should be able to assess immediately where to turn, no need to panic or rush.

    Good luck dude!

  13. #273

    Default Re: # Dummy's guide to parallel parking

    Quote Originally Posted by Yayne View Post
    See the first pole from the rear, full lock to left...
    See second pole appear on right mirror, 2 rounds to the right...
    See first pole in the front, full lock to right...
    Make sure I don't hit the rear poles while reversing...
    Then 1st gear turn left to straighten the wheels...
    Reverse move back to center of parking lot...
    Neutral and hand brake.
    Raise both arms surrender to tester.
    Then 1st gear move to the front again...
    Reverse full lock to the left
    Signal right and 1st gear move out...
    Then pray.
    Action only and no safety check?

    Try this

    Position your car so that it is 1 car length ahead and about 1m away of the side.
    Turn your head to check the rear for clearance
    Signal left
    Turn your head to check left, right and then the rear
    reverse straight slowly
    Reverse until see the first pole from the rear, full lock to left
    occassionally turn head to check left and right
    Reverse until see second pole appear on right mirror, 2 rounds to the right...
    See first pole in the front, full lock to right...
    Turn head to check the rear
    Make sure I don't hit the rear poles while reversing...
    Then 1st gear turn left to straighten the wheels...
    Reverse move back to center of parking lot...
    Neutral and hand brake.
    Raise both arms surrender to tester.
    Then 1st gear move to the front again...
    Turn your head to check right and the rear for clearance
    Reverse slowly with full lock to the left
    Signal right and engage 1st gear
    Turn your head to check right for blind spot and move off

    btw, I am still using the same techniques to park my car but not using pole. Checking safety is important. There is reason to check safety for each step. Check left, right and the rear is not only checking the car, you also need to take note of the pedestrian esp. kids.

    Additional tips:
    - move off and reverse slowly <-- you need to master the half clutch to get smooth and ready
    - do not turn the steering wheel when car is stationary
    - always know what you suppose to do next , thus drive confidently
    - do not panic when encounter a hazard. If you can proof that you can handle any hazard, there is no reason TP will fail you.
    Last edited by megaweb; 23rd July 2007 at 05:55 PM.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  14. #274

    Default Re: Who is learning driving now?

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Don't think so much on the route, you wouldn't be nervous. Try to read up the blind spots on the school book (green color one). My instructors say I ok on parking and yet, 8 point deduct on first page, a few blind spot boxes ticked. Try to look out for traffic condition and don't swing from right to left n vice versa. Try to relax yourself. Good luck on your test. Need tips if fail, pm me.
    Haha.. will do that.. I think I need something to calm my nerves. My instructors told me I'm ok if I don't panic... I think blind spot checking is a habit that you'll need to cultivate. Like when I'm travelling on a bus I will practise my blind spot checking also.

  15. #275

    Default Re: # Dummy's guide to parallel parking

    Quote Originally Posted by Yayne View Post
    Think this is a gone case!

    One more lesson tomorrow before TP test on Monday, my parallel parking is still bonkas. Steps all wrong. Wah lao... it got so bad my instructor had to jot in my notebook, Left Right Right Left.
    All the best Yayne !

    Btw, u are from which driving centre ?

  16. #276

    Default Re: # Dummy's guide to parallel parking

    Quote Originally Posted by cookiez View Post
    All the best Yayne !

    Btw, u are from which driving centre ?
    54 demerit points.

    While queuing up for a second test date, I spoke to this girl who went for test as well, told her I failed, asked her how many points she got. When she saw my result slips she asked me what happened and was genuinely surprised I could accumulate 54 points.... hai...

    But seriously quite proud of myself already.

    Wasn't expecting to make it out of the circuit at all, but at least I did. Quite steady leh... hehe... and no innocent lives were harmed during the test.

    Cookiez am from CDC at Ubi. Difficult to pass at this center is it?

  17. #277

    Default Re: # Dummy's guide to parallel parking

    Quote Originally Posted by megaweb View Post
    Action only and no safety check?

    Try this

    Position your car so that it is 1 car length ahead and about 1m away of the side.
    Turn your head to check the rear for clearance
    Signal left
    Turn your head to check left, right and then the rear
    reverse straight slowly
    Reverse until see the first pole from the rear, full lock to left
    occassionally turn head to check left and right
    Reverse until see second pole appear on right mirror, 2 rounds to the right...
    See first pole in the front, full lock to right...
    Turn head to check the rear
    Make sure I don't hit the rear poles while reversing...
    Then 1st gear turn left to straighten the wheels...
    Reverse move back to center of parking lot...
    Neutral and hand brake.
    Raise both arms surrender to tester.
    Then 1st gear move to the front again...
    Turn your head to check right and the rear for clearance
    Reverse slowly with full lock to the left
    Signal right and engage 1st gear
    Turn your head to check right for blind spot and move off

    btw, I am still using the same techniques to park my car but not using pole. Checking safety is important. There is reason to check safety for each step. Check left, right and the rear is not only checking the car, you also need to take note of the pedestrian esp. kids.

    Additional tips:
    - move off and reverse slowly <-- you need to master the half clutch to get smooth and ready
    - do not turn the steering wheel when car is stationary
    - always know what you suppose to do next , thus drive confidently
    - do not panic when encounter a hazard. If you can proof that you can handle any hazard, there is no reason TP will fail you.
    The first thing he tested me on was parallel parking, completed it flawlessly. Surprisingly my vertical parking, hit kerb twice. Before 3rd try I asked him if my time is up already. If he don't want to continue we go back to center now. Never hit kerb during vertical parking, no idea why now all of a sudden hit the kerb. I think it's got a lot to do with how you enter the lane.

    Thanks megaweb. Today during test I drive machiam it is my own car and machiam I am a licensed instructor. It's ok. Next time it'll be a sure pass.

  18. #278

    Default Re: Who is learning driving now?

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    FAILED!!!!

    Total of 48 pts, so many.

    Mistakes as follow.

    Fail to check blind spot on the front n left while doing reversing. But I do as what I taught still not enough, a warning to all learner.

    Heavy traffic when doing lane change. Causes me to have errors. Next time test date, don't choose wkend.

    Vehicle stall, mostly due to panic when going out n ppl crossing.

    Insufficent speed on moving off. Like that also count

    Lane change too rush, maybe panic also.

    Next test date will be on Sept. Ok la, Aug got IPT, finish up before thinking of driving again. All the best to those who taking soon.
    Seriously the day we stop writing in this thread will probably be the day we pass our TP. haha...

    Strike kerb, I don't know why he cross 3 times. I only struck twice.

    Require additional reverse manoevre.

    Fail to confirm safety.

    Insufficient acceleration.

    Veer off course.

    The best part is this, I keep engaging the wrong gear. 1st gear I think 3rd gear.

  19. #279

    Default Re: Who is learning driving now?

    Hi Yayne, with regards to the vertical parking, you hit the kerb even though you have follow the steps by your instructor faithfully. Take note of your positioning of your car, it is about 1 metre away from the side kerb. Most of the time, is the positioning of the car.

  20. #280

    Default Re: # Dummy's guide to parallel parking

    Quote Originally Posted by Yayne View Post
    The first thing he tested me on was parallel parking, completed it flawlessly. Surprisingly my vertical parking, hit kerb twice. Before 3rd try I asked him if my time is up already. If he don't want to continue we go back to center now. Never hit kerb during vertical parking, no idea why now all of a sudden hit the kerb. I think it's got a lot to do with how you enter the lane.

    Thanks megaweb. Today during test I drive machiam it is my own car and machiam I am a licensed instructor. It's ok. Next time it'll be a sure pass.
    During one of my practice, suddenly my vertical parking is off to one side even though I followed exactly the same steps as before. Then I realised it's the way I turn my body to look at the pole through the rear windscreen. During that session, I just turned my head without turning my body, so my turning is always late.

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4912131415161924 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •