Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mac Vs Win

Default Re: Mac Vs Win

Quote Originally Posted by theonlyone View Post
    Running windows on mac hardware? You've lost the soul there.
    And there is really no point comparing Mac and Windows anymore since it is not an apple to apple comparison.
    Haha... I see a hardcore Mac fan here... well, I would love to just run Mac OS X only, but sometimes when you wanna run games like Counter Strike or software like Autocad or Pro/E you need Windoze... I would gladly throw Windoze out of the window if they have such software on Mac...

Quote Originally Posted by red_snapper View Post
    When you finally graduate and go to work, 99.9% of companies do not use Mac. Bottom line is: Get a Mac for fun and leisure. For serious work/business, get Windows.
    That's not true... for me it's Windoze for fun and leisure and Mac for "work" like PS, audio editing, video editing...

Quote Originally Posted by frenchbean View Post
    That's not true... for me it's Windoze for fun and leisure and Mac for "work" like PS, audio editing, video editing...
    i thot mac is for starting a chat with a gal?

bring a mac book pro to a cafe, sit besides a gal, open the notebook , the gal look at the apple logo and say, "so cool!" then i reply "want to know how cool it is to surf net? i can show you"

Account Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    i thot mac is for starting a chat with a gal?

bring a mac book pro to a cafe, sit besides a gal, open the notebook , the gal look at the apple logo and say, "so cool!" then i reply "want to know how cool it is to surf net? i can show you"
    I can see you're having a Mac Pro because either i) you're too rich ii) you want to hook girls.

Is that how you hook your wife up?

anybody miss the 'page-up' 'page down' function, when reading long article.

Or is there other way that Apple can perform the above function that i did not know of. tired
    of scrolling the mouse

There was once, i show my fren the 'Expose' function, he asked me if could stop doing that. he find it very irritating.

While surfing internet with Safari, When there is too many window, it get very messy. when u minimise it got worse. Eventually, I switch to Firefox, so that i open new webpage in new tab.

Mozilla

till now, i still don't know the trick to create shortcut, except forcing the application to show in the finder.

I believe that are many tricks and shortcut keys to be comfortable with iBook.

Quote Originally Posted by wazzup View Post
    I can see you're having a Mac Pro because either i) you're too rich ii) you want to hook girls.

Is that how you hook your wife up?
    ii) she marries me bcos she want to use Mac

Blog Entries

safari also can surf via tabs what ....

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    safari also can surf via tabs what ....
    Nope, when right-click, you only have 'open in new window'. is there any trick to open a new tab in same window in safari

Unlike Mozilla, open in new tab in the same window.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    Nope, when right-click, you only have 'open in new window'. is there any trick to open a new tab in same window in safari

Unlike Mozilla, open in new tab in the same window.
    go to Safari's Prefences. Go to Tab. Then Enabled Tab Browsing.

Or is there other way that Apple can perform the above function that i did not know of. tired
    of scrolling the mouse

There was once, i show my fren the 'Expose' function, he asked me if could stop doing that. he find it very irritating.

While surfing internet with Safari, When there is too many window, it get very messy. when u minimise it got worse. Eventually, I switch to Firefox, so that i open new webpage in new tab.

Mozilla

till now, i still don't know the trick to create shortcut, except forcing the application to show in the finder.

I believe that are many tricks and shortcut keys to be comfortable with iBook.
    Page-up page-down is done using Spacebar and shift-Spacebar... I thot there is a page-up page-down key too? I can do that using fn+(up arrow) and fn+(dn arrow) on my powerbook. Not too sure about the rest of the macs...

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    I tried, it doesn't work leh

let say i already highlighted an icon. then i click the touchpad's button or click the touchpad itself?
    two fingers on the sensor touchpad, then use your thumb to click the button. haha

oh yea, you need the newest update of os to do that if im not wrong. was working for apple at the prev it show ma

Quote Originally Posted by theonlyone View Post
    Spare your dad. It is not easy to earn money. Go for the cheaper windows laptop.
    Ya la, that I know. So was thinking of pooling my part time job salary for this.
    I got spare him leh, I tried telling him to buy before Feb else 7% liao
    so basically borrow from him :P

Quote Originally Posted by frenchbean View Post
    Page-up page-down is done using Spacebar and shift-Spacebar... I thot there is a page-up page-down key too? I can do that using fn+(up arrow) and fn+(dn arrow) on my powerbook. Not too sure about the rest of the macs...

cannot for iBook. any other trick/shortcut?

those shortcut u have mentioned is all the way up or all the way down.

for big macs scrolling keys are up, down, left, right arrow keys.

if you have mouse use the scroll wheel. shift key+ scroll wheel for left to right scroll.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by hub_bo View Post
    Hi all, I need some advice.

Some people (like my GP teacher) said that Mac is better than Win mainly because it doesnt crash that easily and it is much faster.

I wish to buy a laptop soon for U, so can anyone give me some advice ?

Thanks =)
    I have a IMac 21" G5, it crashes as often as I switch it on, it's slow, the cooling system is so bad that it burns the memory card everything 6 months. It's enough to run PS on a 21".

I have a laptop with Windows XP, it's quite reliable, but you have to keep it clean, uninstall, upgrade, unfragment ... it's huge waste of time, but at least it works not too bad (deeply better than Win98, WinME and previous Windows OS.

I have a Desktop running Slackware Linux : it just works fine, very fine. Unfortunatly PS does not run on Linux and Gimp misses some very important features. That's definitly the most reliable the fastest.

Stephane

why i like osx.

expose
    2 finger scrolling
    not having to worry about virii

why i dont like my macbook pro

it does not have as strong a wireless signal due to the aluminium casing.

Quote Originally Posted by wazzup View Post
    Windoze is hardly serious for work either if Mac isn't.
    What a sweeping statement

of scrolling the mouse
    Well, what you can do is use 2 fingers on the trackpad and move downwards... that would help you do scrolling which i think is much more intelligent...

What we need decides what we buy. One way to determine:
    - what kind of work you need to perform with a computer?
    - what software is needed in your work?
    - do we have to share our work-in-progress and/or final result with others? Are those work-in-progress and final result are paltform neutral?

Find out what one needs before deciding on a platform (Mac or Win), form factore (desktop or laptop) and configuration (CPU, memory, disk storage).

By the way, I don't install or play games on my work computers, just in case the game is badly written and corrupts my work.

cannot for iBook. any other trick/shortcut?

those shortcut u have mentioned is all the way up or all the way down.
    All those mentioned works for me. Note that it's the 'fn' + arrow keys, and not the Apple/CMD key with arrow keys.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast