Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: wat is VISA and Mastercard??? wat is it use for and wat is it abt?

Default wat is VISA and Mastercard??? wat is it use for and wat is it abt?

what is the diff and what are the advantage and disadvantage??? what is it abt also?

Default Re: wat is VISA and Mastercard??? wat is it use for and wat is it abt?

How old are you?

Blog Entries

it is a card that boosts your ego
    make you spend money that you don't have

and if you are not smart enough to control it
    it will make you broke too

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post

wah kao... thats the best summary for any1 who has used a credit card before

visa card and mastercard are just credit cards.... they allow u to spend more than wat u have in ur bank but just taht u have to pay back the money in the future with interest.

For buying dslr and lenses, some credit cards allow u to have 0% installment. good rite?? but it also means u will be tempted to buy more things = spend more till broke

credit card also have numbers just like IC card, so u can go to book cinema ticket online, buy lenses and dslrs from ebay etc.. all the online payment u can think of = spend more money till u broke !

goot one

It is possibily a card that lets you "spend what you have not earn".

http://www.mastercard.com/index.html

http://www.visa.com/globalgateway/gg...l?retcountry=1

Credit card is like a mistress, if you can handle it nicely, you will be a happier man. But if you underestimate its destruction power, you are a gone case.....

Please leave home without it ..... and you are ok.
    always the Light, .... always.

^ that is what u call an AMEX
    Last edited by dan_1337; 19th January 2007 at 06:55 PM. Reason: change arrow
    5D | 24-70L | 28mm f/1.8 | 580EX

Are there situations in which shops only accept credit cards and not debit cards? Why so?

Quote Originally Posted by HydroPoP View Post
    Are there situations in which shops only accept credit cards and not debit cards? Why so?
    A lot of situations leh... some of the university courses offered by foreign universities only accept credit cards, and they specifically state "atm cards and debit cards are not allowed"

my guess is that thru credit cards, it can allow the credit card companies to earn interest... sorta collaboration with them... any1 can correct me?

VISA and Mastercard are one of the most friendliest loan sharks in town.

Just two different payment network.....they are direct competitor and are major player If you own Amex or Dinners, then good luck...most merchants here do not welcome
    Last edited by Big Kahuna; 19th January 2007 at 09:06 PM.

i am applying for the UOB TX card, then they say got VISA on it so i dun noe.

as for some who say spend future money, since it is a debit card, how is future money been spent??? sorry may sound stupid to you, but i seriously a newbie

Quote Originally Posted by compro_1975 View Post
    i am applying for the UOB TX card, then they say got VISA on it so i dun noe.

as for some who say spend future money, since it is a debit card, how is future money been spent??? sorry may sound stupid to you, but i seriously a newbie
    Can tell how old u r when u mentioned the debit card....

U cant spend future money with a debit card. Once the card is swiped, it deducts straight away....

WHy bring ur HWZ culture to here ah? Its a diffi place here altogether

AMEX = means you have money. Full payment at the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by cjl View Post
    Can tell how old u r when u mentioned the debit card....

U cant spend future money with a debit card. Once the card is swiped, it deducts straight away....

WHy bring ur HWZ culture to here ah? Its a diffi place here altogether
    me ar, 16yo

then wat HWZ culture did i brought over??? me is hav problem then ask you bro, cos i know you all hav more life experiences then me.... cos i dun noe why since it is a debit card, got visa???

An excellent answer from someone that I imagine can't be bought easily

Visa and master card are esentially the same thing.

Use it and you are now in debt

It is not so easy to get credit (a card) unless you have credit (catch 22).

If you are a wise person you can make a credit card work for you. But if you get greedy

An Amex card is similar but, "here at least", a good number of smaller buisness won't accept them,

as it costs the buisness a percentage for the transaction.

From what I gather, the Visa card is accepted in more countries than anything else.

Just remember, nothing is free.

"There is no such thing as a FREE lunch"

Cheers

Oh, whilst I am on the subject...

I paid out one of my 2 cards some 2 years ago and said,"close it".

They closed it but started up another branch and sent me a letter stating that I had $XXXXX credit with them.

I told them I don't want it. Get rid of it. They said,"OK" we have.

A month later I recieved a statement that showed I still have this credit.

I have gone through this same thing 5 times now demanding and writing to them to close it.

The last statement I recieved showing I still have the credit was 1 month ago.

And the same day I went through the same routine again.

If I get another one and I decide to shoot all of them, they will send me one in prison.

Once they have you, they don't like to let go........ Be warned !
    Last edited by Pablo; 19th January 2007 at 09:41 PM.
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    An excellent answer from someone that I imagine can't be bought easily

Visa and master card are esentially the same thing.

Use it and you are now in debt

It is not so easy to get credit (a card) unless you have credit (catch 22).

If you are a wise person you can make a credit card work for you. But if you get greedy

An Amex card is similar but, "here at least", a good number of smaller buisness won't accept them,

as it costs the buisness a percentage for the transaction.

From what I gather, the Visa card is accepted in more countries than anything else.

Just remember, nothing is free.

"There is no such thing as a FREE lunch"

Cheers

Oh, whilst I am on the subject...

I paid out one of my 2 cards some 2 years ago and said,"close it".

They closed it but started up another branch and sent me a letter stating that I had $XXXXX credit with them.

I told them I don't want it. Get rid of it. They said,"OK" we have.

A month later I recieved a statement that showed I still have this credit.

I have gone through this same thing 5 times now demanding and writing to them to close it.

The last statement I recieved showing I still have the credit was 1 month ago.

And the same day I went through the same routine again.

If I get another one and I decide to shoot all of them, they will send me one in prison.

Once they have you, they don't like to let go........ Be warned !
    i am talking about debit card, i believe you are talking abt credit card, any advise on the topic???

Quote Originally Posted by compro_1975 View Post
    i am talking about debit card, i believe you are talking abt credit card, any advise on the topic???
    debit card means you can draw money from your Singapore bank account at specific overseas ATMs, of course with charges included for each transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    debit card means you can draw money from your Singapore bank account at specific overseas ATMs, of course with charges included for each transaction.
    the charges is in overseas or include inland singapore expenses???

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast