1. Bean
    2. Larry
    3. mervlam
    4. Mr Fish
    5. Anavrin
    6. Clizeer
    7. Koolkies
    8. Daniel (EastGear) & GF

Due to a shift in my schedule..i can't make it... with much regrets. I hope to optain information on how to get there myself though.

If you are still interested, please email Meei Ting at meeiting@yours.com by Friday latest!

not a matter about cost.. just that couple of us have to work on saturday, disappointing, otherwise we'd sign up straight away. thanks, will see if mee ting can provide some information on how to get there ourselves...

wonder how the fishing village will look at sunrise, might do an overnighter there.

did anyone go for this? I am going this weekend - any tips about the area? I found "Kampong Pengerang" on the map.. that's the Kampong ... how about the fishing area?

And as for the other side attractions, the farms etc, is it open to public? Any tips about how to find them?

The organiser Mee Ting didn't quite answer the email...

Originally posted by hyun
    did anyone go for this? I am going this weekend - any tips about the area? I found "Kampong Pengerang" on the map.. that's the Kampong ... how about the fishing area?

And as for the other side attractions, the farms etc, is it open to public? Any tips about how to find them?

The organiser Mee Ting didn't quite answer the email...
    The town name is Sungei Rengit. At the junction of the road from Kota Tinggi, there are a few signboards that tell you where the ostrich farm is. Just ask around town.
    Last edited by mervlam; 6th March 2003 at 01:02 AM.

oh! so it's not "kampong pengerang"?

"junction from kota tinggi", that means, when i reach kota tinggi, .... it is ... very near?

or .... i should take the road from Kota Tinggi, to Desaru, then when almost at desaru, i see it?

How's is the trip? So sorry I couldnt make it coz I had to finish up a project report...

Great to see the PVS so active. BTW during my time the President coined an Alumuni membership thing....is it still in force today? I still would like to use the darkroom...it's still much more fun to develop myself than send to lab....I will bring my own chemicals, and as a gesture perhaps I can sponsor film or something for the usage.....

BTW the revamped website looks so much better, but the dropdown menu always hidden behind the images...is it something with my pc or...? Im using IE 5.5. If I use Netscape 4.6 I can see but cant click anything.....

Yeah..it uses Java Applet but is claims to need javascript. sigh.

I hope webmaster can correct that problem. Pure javascript is suffficient to do that navigation menu.

My bad... Thanks for the feedback guys! Made a temporary fix for the navigation problem. Now you can click on a link on the main page which will bring you to all the links.

Regarding the membership, you can email our Asst Hon-Gen Sect. Ms Huang Chunya at jean0205@hotmail.com for more information.

Cheers
    Darren Yang
    Last edited by Mr Fish; 8th March 2003 at 03:53 PM.

I missed this shoot. Anyone has photos from the trip to show?

Originally posted by spuddy
    I missed this shoot. Anyone has photos from the trip to show?

Spuddy, you can view some of the images from the website of PVS:
    http://www.ntu.edu.sg/studorgn/ntupvs/
    Click on Past Events on the Menu Bar.

Alternative, some of the participants posted their images on the Sony ImageStation:
    http://www.imagestation.com/members/NTUPVS

You can find some of Tom Shen's images at the following threads:
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...threadid=26286

Lastly, you can view some of my images at my pBase Gallery:
    http://www.pbase.com/mrbean
    Click on Johor.

Enjoy and feel free to leave suggestions, comments and critiques.

Tomshen, or whoever else here who went .... how did u find the bee and fruit and ostrich farms? and the waterfall? i din see any pictures taken at the upper part of the falls... but looking at the lower part, doesn't come across as too grandiose....

just wondering if i should visit that falls this week.

as for pengerang, any1 been there? or to kukup? these 2 seem to be the more well-known fishing villages in johor state.. any input on which is more entertaining? kukup might be more touristy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123