Thread: Camera bags

Default Camera bags

I search thru the entire forum but cannot find a recommendation for camera bag for different purposes.

I used to travel with my small and compact trustie small camera bag either with my FM2 or F80, 1 zoom, 1 wide and 1 flash.

If I were to upgrade to a DSLR

Equipment are Nikon DSLR 200 with grip
    1 zoom 18-200VR
    and 1 wide- Tokina
    1x SB800 flash

What camera bag would be a good recommendation ?

Requirement -
    - Small and light
    - Quick Access to accessories
    - Waterproof
    - Good to have - pockets - able to put additional stuff (wallet, passport, gloves-winter wear, maybe small water bottle)

I check the lowepro reporter 200AW, 300AW and crumpler (not sure what model yet) but havent decide yet.

Any advices ?

Default Re: Camera bags

Waterproof? Try the Lowepro waterproof series.

waterproof or weatherproof? they are very different.

u mean D200AW stealth reporter rite..it may not be big enuff for ur needs..and i find the side pockets abit hard to access sometimes...

Also depens on the design u want..the stealth reporter series is er..not so stealthy to me, haha! in the sense that it spells CAMERA BAG the moment u see it.. crumpler million series more tactical..heh

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    waterproof or weatherproof? they are very different.
    oh yah...weatherproof

Quote Originally Posted by jkaiser View Post
    u mean D200AW stealth reporter rite..it may not be big enuff for ur needs..and i find the side pockets abit hard to access sometimes...

Also depens on the design u want..the stealth reporter series is er..not so stealthy to me, haha! in the sense that it spells CAMERA BAG the moment u see it.. crumpler million series more tactical..heh

Ok...a few other options here...Any good crumpler to recommend

Using the 200AW...D80 w/battery holder, kit lens 18-135, SB80...hardly got space.

Unless you wanna put your speedlite at the top compartment, then the 200AW would hold all your gears just nice.

Its weather proof...comes with its own raincoat....its right at the bottom...just need to whip it out if you need it. As compared to those haversack kind...you dun need to take down the bag to access your cam...quite useful. If you mount one of your lens on the cam...you just might be able to squeeze every thing in. (base on your list of goodies)

So what about 300AW ?

I didnt know that the 200AW is small to hold that kind of equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider117 View Post
    Using the 200AW...D80 w/battery holder, kit lens 18-135, SB80...hardly got space.

Unless you wanna put your speedlite at the top compartment, then the 200AW would hold all your gears just nice.

Its weather proof...comes with its own raincoat....its right at the bottom...just need to whip it out if you need it. As compared to those haversack kind...you dun need to take down the bag to access your cam...quite useful. If you mount one of your lens on the cam...you just might be able to squeeze every thing in. (base on your list of goodies)

"Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

Camera bags that are popular here are:

1) Lowepro
    2) Crumpler
    3) Tamrac
    4) National Geographic
    5) Domke

You do a search on the internet and can find their website easily.

i used a unknown Mekko bag ....

Mekko is copy of domke i think ? Quite good. Weather proof i think lowepro the best ,Tamrac is ok, for discreet go for Crumpler.

For Crumpler, what model is good ?

He he...didn't do my homework...did not know that there was a 300AW...tot that the 200AW was the largest liao. Bought it for trip...cos for those duties that need to bring heavy artillery...I bring out my old trusty Fortima...its large but holds 2 body, 4 lenses & speedlite easily.

Stealth Reporter series are very much shoulder strap based which might give you shoulder pains if you are using for long times. Else can consider Rover II AW

Quote Originally Posted by yehosaphat View Post
    Stealth Reporter series are very much shoulder strap based which might give you shoulder pains if you are using for long times. Else can consider Rover II AW
    tat d reason i change 2 mekko ..about the size of my previous D200 AW but have a more comfortable shoulder pad tho...

I'm using a Lowepro Nova 1 AW.

Been uswing it for my S2 IS and now with my D40.