Thread: Panorama setting

Default Panorama setting

Hi

Sometimes I do some panorama images. The ones during daytime mostly turn out fine, but the ones at night usually has problem in lighting/exposure.

Here is an example

The above example was done to demonstrate the problem, so i didnt carefully done the photo and the photos are slanted here and there.

Anyway, on my screen, the sky looks quite fine and the photo looks homogeneous cos everything is really dark. However, on some of my friends' screens, it was very obvious that I stiched 3 images together. And when I check by boosting up contrast, I also can see the distinction

It might be that my friends' screems has higher contrast that they could see the cut line.

Anyone knows why the sky of the 3 photos are different? What are the settings to minimise this?

Thanks a lot

Default Re: Panorama setting

Quote Originally Posted by tqviet0327 View Post
    Anyone knows why the sky of the 3 photos are different? What are the settings to minimise this?
    Taking multiple shots and stitch into 1 panoramic photo is similiar to a panoramic camera capture a single shot. Therefore all shots need to be same settings, same values of shutter speed and apertures. So how do you determine the settings ? Use the average exposure settings.

As for slanted horizon, it is due to your setup is not level to the horizon.

same white balance as well...the centre image is obviously diff white balance to the sides...

actually, I took the three as a series with the exact same settings. But since White Balance is mentioned, I rememberd I used Auto White Balance. Does it change when I point to different objects?

level yur tripod and camera. that will solve yur slants. get a two axis spirit level for that.

also looks like parallax error, u need to check yur nodal point. that can affect the look of the 3 three different shots.

Quote Originally Posted by bowwow View Post
    level yur tripod and camera. that will solve yur slants. get a two axis spirit level for that.

also looks like parallax error, u need to check yur nodal point. that can affect the look of the 3 three different shots.
    thanks a lot

I'll google those terms

thanks a lot

I'll google those terms
    Try this link at http://www.panoguide.com/

thanks a lot

I'll google those terms
    u're most welcome. alternatively, u can also try a purspose built pano camera.

actually, I took the three as a series with the exact same settings. But since White Balance is mentioned, I rememberd I used Auto White Balance. Does it change when I point to different objects?
    "Yes" to your question.

Regards,
    Arto.

yes, cause the buildings to the sides of the Esplanade are lit similarly, whereas the Esplanade's lights are noticeably different...so the camera adjusts the white balance according to what is dorminant within the particular frame