Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4789101114 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 341

Thread: Employ Singaporeans for what?

  1. #161

    Default Re: Employ Singaporeans for what?

    Welcome to the Corporation. We have the highest paid CEOs as our leader. Most capable.

  2. #162

    Default Re: Employ Singaporeans for what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    You got potentials of an Elite.
    Haha no lah... I still trying to be one. Hope that can make it so my children can go the top schools, drive big nice car, live in landed property, have classmates who are 3rd generation elites (father or mother minister or tycoon) and then let them have a better future in life! However I promise to let them know their once humble roots and tell them to help the poor.

  3. #163

    Default Re: Employ Singaporeans for what?

    We complain like "mad" on singapore "garment" policy that lacks protectionism towards indeginous citizen...

    but at ballot boxes we fail to express our dishearteness...

    this is so like "sg-rean" - always like that...the "puahchukang" attitude or the "kia see kai soo "attitude...

    You just cannot have the cake and eat it...
    Last edited by wucy24; 18th January 2007 at 05:56 PM.

  4. #164

    Default Re: Employ Singaporeans for what?

    Quote Originally Posted by wucy24 View Post
    We complain like "mad" on singapore "garment" policy that lacks protectionism towards indeginous citizen...
    but at ballot boxes we fail to express our dishearteness...
    this is so like "sg-rean" - always like that...the "puahchukang" attitude or the kia see kai soo attitude...
    That is because the moment they read out your name and IC number aloud at the voting booth everyone's balls shrink.... Thoughts of "will I be arrested for voting against the party, will I be marked and not promoted because as a civil servant, I didnt vote for the party" flashes in their mind and the result is what we all know.

    And that is only if you got to vote.... most of us dont have this honour. Our kind leaders have ensured that using GRCs and making adjustments to the zoning each time, we dont have the hassle of having to think who to vote for. Viola, each election automatically we have a winner!

  5. #165

    Smile Re: Employ Singaporeans for what?

    following last ge, dpm wong k s explained the procedures and the rationale behind it. do you think our govtm will resort to such underhand tactics? i think such fears are unfounded.

    Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg View Post
    That is because the moment they read out your name and IC number aloud at the voting booth everyone's balls shrink.... Thoughts of "will I be arrested for voting against the party, will I be marked and not promoted because as a civil servant, I didnt vote for the party" flashes in their mind and the result is what we all know.

    And that is only if you got to vote.... most of us dont have this honour. Our kind leaders have ensured that using GRCs and making adjustments to the zoning each time, we dont have the hassle of having to think who to vote for. Viola, each election automatically we have a winner!

  6. #166

    Default Re: Employ Singaporeans for what?

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    following last ge, dpm wong k s explained the procedures and the rationale behind it. do you think our govtm will resort to such underhand tactics? i think such fears are unfounded.
    Precisely.... practically even if they wanted to do it, it is not feasible. Imagine overnight 20 percent of the 44 percent that voted against the party are arrested at night by ISA officers for subersive activities. Not possible to keep hush hush right?

    The thing is perhaps I say PERHAPS certain factions in the party know about this myth and instead of actively dispeling it, encourages it to carry on and let it get more and more insidious. In this way, they let fear make the people vote for them and they dont have to lift a single finger.

    Remember on statesman's recent comment? "If the opposition wins, we will have to send in the tanks." A very vague statement but also very thought provoking statment...... many meanings....

  7. #167
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Somewhere near Equator
    Posts
    210

    Default Re: Employ Singaporeans for what?

    Quote Originally Posted by wackoyacky View Post
    I'm a PR here. I do understand all your sentiments, and you're all right. As a citizen of your country you should have at least an advantage over foreigners even though they're helping the progress of the economy.

    Just based on my observation, may be one reason why do companies here hire more foreigners than locals its because most locals tend to job hop from one company to another. I've heard a lot of cases wherein if they don't just feel the job based on their experience on their first day in work, they would just immediately resign and look for a new one. Well this is just my observation.
    Foreigner do not job hop b'cos EP is tied to the employer. Wait till foreigner allowed to own EP. You're EP holder yourself before I guess. You should know. I have colleagues who are PR and EP who're perm staffs. Locals on contract terms, no bonus no medical coverage and all the fringe benefits. Doing same job for less than foreigners. What can we fellow SG'reans do...

  8. #168
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Currently living in Nankin
    Posts
    462

    Default Re: Employ Singaporeans for what?

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    Isn't that too low??

    Funny thing I've observe lately, more higher pay jobs (e.g management positions) are take up by foreigners..this really suxs!!
    If management positions are taken by foreigners, maybe the problem is not foreigners but Singaporeans who are not able to take such positions.

    I'm French and PR in Singapore, mostly high salary and management position. I just noticed that singaporean are really lazy to take decisions and risks, that's not good to take a management position. All SG are not like this, but I don't wonder anymore why there are so many foreigners in Singapore and why they have better position and salary.

  9. #169
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Currently living in Nankin
    Posts
    462

    Default Re: Employ Singaporeans for what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa View Post
    I had to agree that Singapore gov't don't "help" as much as other countries would for their own people.
    I think you don't know other countries. In France, some people are starving or die frozen during winter. People who work and have salary have not enough money to rent an appartement because it's really VERY expensive, you can not even eat in Paris for less than 20S$ at cheapest place.

    Singaporeans, you have CPF and HDB, I never see anybody starving because you can eat for 3S$ mostly everywhere, the unemployement is so low that when we search to hire some people, we don't find and when we find it's hard to keep people.

    Just go to country side in China, or even in Beijing, go to Palestine, to Irak, go to France or Italie, even go to US to see misery and unemployement ... I saw many countries in my life and there is one I know, only one, there is no point to complain : Singapore.

  10. #170

    Default Re: Employ Singaporeans for what?

    Quote Originally Posted by stougard View Post
    I think you don't know other countries. In France, some people are starving or die frozen during winter. People who work and have salary have not enough money to rent an appartement because it's really VERY expensive, you can not even eat in Paris for less than 20S$ at cheapest place.

    Singaporeans, you have CPF and HDB, I never see anybody starving because you can eat for 3S$ mostly everywhere, the unemployement is so low that when we search to hire some people, we don't find and when we find it's hard to keep people.

    Just go to country side in China, or even in Beijing, go to Palestine, to Irak, go to France or Italie, even go to US to see misery and unemployement ... I saw many countries in my life and there is one I know, only one, there is no point to complain : Singapore.
    Apples to apples please. We are not talking about the low unemployment rate or poverty rate. We're talking about marginalisation of locals. You may be (just maybe) right in saying there are certain (managerial) positions which are more suited for foreigners, or foreign talents would be more capable of performing the tasks. But I doubt the displeasure is stemming from people who had lost out in these positions. More like positions which requires functions that can be performed by locals.

    Apples to apples please. Don't overdramatize and digress too far. I can tell that you're capable of that.

  11. #171
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: Employ Singaporeans for what?

    Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg View Post
    That is because the moment they read out your name and IC number aloud at the voting booth everyone's balls shrink.... Thoughts of "will I be arrested for voting against the party, will I be marked and not promoted because as a civil servant, I didnt vote for the party" flashes in their mind and the result is what we all know.

    And that is only if you got to vote.... most of us dont have this honour. Our kind leaders have ensured that using GRCs and making adjustments to the zoning each time, we dont have the hassle of having to think who to vote for. Viola, each election automatically we have a winner!
    Ya last year was my 1st time voting in election. Got a shock when they shout out my NRIC. I promised myself, 4 years later... They shout out aloud again, I GONA SHOUT BACK

    "COMING LAH !!!!!"

    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  12. #172

    Default Re: Employ Singaporeans for what?

    [QUOTE=stougard;2774193]If management positions are taken by foreigners, maybe the problem is not foreigners but Singaporeans who are not able to take such positions.

    I'm French and PR in Singapore, mostly high salary and management position. I just noticed that singaporean are really lazy to take decisions and risks, that's not good to take a management position. All SG are not like this, but I don't wonder anymore why there are so many foreigners in Singapore and why they have better position and salary.[/QUO

    Finally we know why we Singaporeans deserve to be trampled on by FTs!!! WE ARE LAZY WHINING BUMS who refuse to take in the beautiful guidance of our great leaders... sigh seems we really deserve it!! Lets all stop complaining work hard under the direction of out leaders and FT higher management!!

  13. #173

    Default Re: Employ Singaporeans for what?

    Quote Originally Posted by stougard View Post
    If management positions are taken by foreigners, maybe the problem is not foreigners but Singaporeans who are not able to take such positions.

    I'm French and PR in Singapore, mostly high salary and management position. I just noticed that singaporean are really lazy to take decisions and risks, that's not good to take a management position. All SG are not like this, but I don't wonder anymore why there are so many foreigners in Singapore and why they have better position and salary.
    I have worked in the local universities and several American companies. My conclusion is Singapore is taking in too much "White Trash". Many Singaporeans have an inferiority complex and they can only speak "Singlish". As a result, they took in many English Chaps who were on the "doe" back home living off the welfare system.

    I been to Paris a few times and every time I asked "excusez-moi peut vous parler anglais svp" to some educated looking individuals, the reply is always like "pourquoi si je" . I have worked with two Frenchmen in Singapore before and I can say they were complete waste of time , playing around with the local foolish girls using their ridiculously high salaries. Fellow Singapore folks, China PhDs are paid in the 3-4k range. Local PhDs are about 4-6k. French PhDs? Over 8k. It is not about capability, it is Racial discrimination. Everyone knows that. 150 years of colony the locals still are living in the mindset of 1849.

    Goto any of the local companies or American MNC, it is even easier to find white trash. There are people who do nothing, play golf and get million dollar pay. Some dont even know what is happening. Why should they care? Afterall, they take decisions and risks. If something goes wrong. many Singaporeans get fired. if nothing goes wrong, they get even more pay. if the profits come in, they get 20%. I know this, I took a product and my job was to 'shoot arrrow' and 'chase back side'. And i got US$ 5 figure for performance bonus. Those pooor hard working Singaporeans will be fired because management says ' they are lazy, we must maximize our profits'.

    Come on lah, the higher the management is, the less brain a person have.
    Last edited by jonathan_wong; 18th January 2007 at 08:40 PM.

  14. #174

    Default Re: Employ Singaporeans for what?

    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan_wong View Post
    I have worked in the local universities and several American companies. My conclusion is Singapore is taking in too much "White Trash". Many Singaporeans have an inferiority complex and they can only speak "Singlish". As a result, they took in many English Chaps who were on the "doe" back home living off the welfare system.

    I been to Paris a few times and every time I asked "excusez-moi peut vous parler anglais svp" to some educated looking individuals, the reply is always like "pourquoi si je" . I have worked with two Frenchmen in Singapore before and I can say they were complete waste of time , playing around with the local foolish girls using their ridiculously high salaries. Fellow Singapore folks, China PhDs are paid in the 3-4k range. Local PhDs are about 4-6k. French PhDs? Over 8k. It is not about capability, it is Racial discrimination. Everyone knows that. 150 years of colony the locals still are living in the mindset of 1849.

    Goto any of the local companies or American MNC, it is even easier to find white trash. There are people who do nothing, play golf and get million dollar pay. Some dont even know what is happening. Why should they care? Afterall, they take decisions and risks. If something goes wrong. many Singaporeans get fired. if nothing goes wrong, they get even more pay. if the profits come in, they get 20%. I know this, I took a product and my job was to 'shoot arrrow' and 'chase back side'. And i got US$ 5 figure for performance bonus. Those pooor hard working Singaporeans will be fired because management says ' they are lazy, we must maximize our profits'.

    Come on lah, the higher the management is, the less brain a person have.
    Remind me of the case of a local quasi govt organisation. Few years back during the financial crisis, engaged a consultant at the cost of a few million to see how to pull through the crisis. After a few months all the consultant said was "cut cost, retrench" All that for a few millions.... haha FTs are really smart man... dare to make decisions and are not lazy!!

  15. #175

    Default Re: Employ Singaporeans for what?

    Quote Originally Posted by stougard View Post
    I think you don't know other countries. In France, some people are starving or die frozen during winter. People who work and have salary have not enough money to rent an appartement because it's really VERY expensive, you can not even eat in Paris for less than 20S$ at cheapest place.

    Singaporeans, you have CPF and HDB, I never see anybody starving because you can eat for 3S$ mostly everywhere, the unemployement is so low that when we search to hire some people, we don't find and when we find it's hard to keep people.

    Just go to country side in China, or even in Beijing, go to Palestine, to Irak, go to France or Italie, even go to US to see misery and unemployement ... I saw many countries in my life and there is one I know, only one, there is no point to complain : Singapore.
    Some Singaporeans DO leave Singapore at some point in their lives.

    Not to state the VERY obvious.... i doubt anyone can die because of Singapore's "freezing" temp.

    Paris should have hawker centre then... less operating costs = lower food prices.

    CPF? and HDB? what for? if you buy a place in Paris, it's yours for the generations to come. In Singapore, u need to give back after a certain length of time.

    U see my home grass green, i see your home grass green.

    I agree that there is little to complain about Singapore, but I see other places better, then i like to tell Singapore gov't what i saw and wonder if one day we can be like that too... why not? Surely Singapore is not perfect, there are plenty we can still learn.
    Last edited by Nisa; 18th January 2007 at 09:02 PM.

  16. #176

    Default Re: Employ Singaporeans for what?

    While many foreigners say Singaporeans, why you complain when you can live in a nice HDB , eat S$3 meals , drive a car , have a job, dont complain.

    Here is what I tell you:

    HDB birdcage cost over S$300k each and now condos also S$300 (all to tie you down and the bank to slave you) , eat S$3 junk meals daily and die in your sleep , drive a El Cheapo Japanese crap car for S$80,000 and endless more bills and fines to pay, earn a miserable salary and pay everything until nothing left but a "F" Talent will earn sevreal times your pay telling you what to do while he dont know what is happening.

    Many China PRC who migrated here 10 years ago, earned decent salaries now all "PUI CHOW NUA" and go back to Shanghai. They know the many racial discriminations here. Make no mistake, an average fresh graduate in China now can earn S$3k easily. There are even PRC fresh grads who are willing to work for free for the first 3 months to win the company's impression and get a job. Some managers are earning more than S$10,000 a month with many benefits. Look at Singapore, many NTU students are today still jobless, working as insurance agents or even salesmen. having a hopeless hope things will be better.

    Many American and European companies CANNOT send their own people to China to manage. It is well known Europeans are damn lazy and slow, and usually would spend most of the time with the China women (you know what they do). As a result, many companies sent HongKong or Singaporean managers to Shanghai to managed the local people and also reflect the actual situation to the HQ. I have seen many of my friends moved to the new factories in China and soon all of Singapore's manufacturing will be history. Perhaps Biomedical can last a few more years, but when China plants are ready, Singapore will shut down. That is why Garment already can see that, and they build the CASINO.

    Singaporeans must look beyong this miserable island. The 'management' do not have your welfare at heart. You have lived here and you know what is happening. The world is globalized now. China is a new land. Use your advantage, you are Chinese. If you are Indian, look at India. If you are Malay, you can look both at China/India and link to Indonesia.... many made hell loads of money just bridging businesses. Many have found a new and good life outside. So can you.

  17. #177
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Currently living in Nankin
    Posts
    462

    Default Re: Employ Singaporeans for what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa View Post
    Some Singaporeans DO leave Singapore at some point in their lives.

    Paris should have hawker centre then... less operating costs = lower food prices.

    CPF? and HDB? what for? if you buy a place in Paris, it's yours for the generations to come. In Singapore, u need to give back after a certain length of time.

    U see my home grass green, i see your home grass green.

    I agree that there is little to complain about Singapore, but I see other places better, then i like to tell Singapore gov't what i saw and wonder if one day we can be like that too... why not? Surely Singapore is not perfect, there are plenty we can still learn.
    Euh, I'm French, I lived in France during 30 years and in Singapore during 4 years. I'm PR now and I know both grass better than you do. Grass in Singapore is definitly more green than in France, for me, for you and for almost everybody.

  18. #178

    Default Re: Employ Singaporeans for what?

    Quote Originally Posted by stougard View Post
    Euh, I'm French, I lived in France during 30 years and in Singapore during 4 years. I'm PR now and I know both grass better than you do. Grass in Singapore is definitly more green than in France, for me, for you and for almost everybody.
    Like i said, u see my grass green. I see ur grass green. I live in Singapore for more than 20+ years... so the grass is nice and green but i think other grass might be better and my gov't can learn how to grow another type of grass.

    BTW Welcome to Singapore.

  19. #179
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Currently living in Nankin
    Posts
    462

    Default Re: Employ Singaporeans for what?

    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan_wong View Post
    While many foreigners say Singaporeans, why you complain when you can live in a nice HDB , eat S$3 meals , drive a car , have a job, dont complain.

    Here is what I tell you:

    HDB birdcage cost over S$300k each and now condos also S$300 (all to tie you down and the bank to slave you) , eat S$3 junk meals daily and die in your sleep , drive a El Cheapo Japanese crap car for S$80,000 and endless more bills and fines to pay, earn a miserable salary and pay everything until nothing left but a "F" Talent will earn sevreal times your pay telling you what to do while he dont know what is happening.

    Many China PRC who migrated here 10 years ago, earned decent salaries now all "PUI CHOW NUA" and go back to Shanghai. They know the many racial discriminations here. Make no mistake, an average fresh graduate in China now can earn S$3k easily. There are even PRC fresh grads who are willing to work for free for the first 3 months to win the company's impression and get a job. Some managers are earning more than S$10,000 a month with many benefits. Look at Singapore, many NTU students are today still jobless, working as insurance agents or even salesmen. having a hopeless hope things will be better.

    Many American and European companies CANNOT send their own people to China to manage. It is well known Europeans are damn lazy and slow, and usually would spend most of the time with the China women (you know what they do). As a result, many companies sent HongKong or Singaporean managers to Shanghai to managed the local people and also reflect the actual situation to the HQ. I have seen many of my friends moved to the new factories in China and soon all of Singapore's manufacturing will be history. Perhaps Biomedical can last a few more years, but when China plants are ready, Singapore will shut down. That is why Garment already can see that, and they build the CASINO.

    Singaporeans must look beyong this miserable island. The 'management' do not have your welfare at heart. You have lived here and you know what is happening. The world is globalized now. China is a new land. Use your advantage, you are Chinese. If you are Indian, look at India. If you are Malay, you can look both at China/India and link to Indonesia.... many made hell loads of money just bridging businesses. Many have found a new and good life outside. So can you.
    Let me smile reading that, we have known the same history in France 20 years ago. Now unemployement is officialy 10% (maybe 15 to 20% in fact and definitly more than that in country side).

    Welcome in the life.com, Singapore is a very young country, it's still a very great country with many opportunities and when I see Singaporeans spending huge money in stupid cars, I still thing there is too much money here. It's true that future is not as bright as past has been. Your kids will not be as happy as you have been in your life.

  20. #180
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,181

    Default Re: Employ Singaporeans for what?

    Reservist make us proud. You think you want can get meh? A good way for us to have a break without wasting our leave. On top of that, our holiday is lesser than other country and so, reservist is a good way for friend gathering and some impt info abt our surrounding.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4789101114 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •