Thread: reccomendations on where to buy equipment/tripod?

Default reccomendations on where to buy equipment/tripod?

hi all, i'm a noob at photography in S'pore and i'm not very sure about where are the best places to get my equipment. could someone give me a run down on the better photo stores in S'pore? i keep seeing so many short forms for shop names being used but don't know anything about them, not even their full names.

also, where to go to get the best (aka lowest) price for manfrotto tripods?

thanks in advance for any and all advice given =D

Default Re: reccomendations on where to buy equipment/tripod?

hmmm, each of us will give you a different shop name lol, i recommend you to do a search, and simply just go check out the prices yourself, from personal experiences, you might not get the prices that they list here... just my 2 cents

you can try city hall area, there a few shops there, like Cathay Photo at Penisula Plaza, John 3:16, Alan Photo (both 5th Flr) at Funan the IT mall area etc

Else there is another shop in Shaw Centre Bugis, 2nd floor, the name just slips my mind

Cheers~!

Shaw Centre one is TK Foto.
    As far as I know Bugis one is not really a camera shop but a electronic shop, however they do sell camera.

Quote Originally Posted by kivcarrot View Post
    hmmm, each of us will give you a different shop name lol, i recommend you to do a search, and simply just go check out the prices yourself, from personal experiences, you might not get the prices that they list here... just my 2 cents

you can try city hall area, there a few shops there, like Cathay Photo at Penisula Plaza, John 3:16, Alan Photo (both 5th Flr) at Funan the IT mall area etc

Else there is another shop in Shaw Centre Bugis, 2nd floor, the name just slips my mind

Cheers~!

Quote Originally Posted by tenglw86 View Post
    hi all, i'm a noob at photography in S'pore and i'm not very sure about where are the best places to get my equipment. could someone give me a run down on the better photo stores in S'pore? i keep seeing so many short forms for shop names being used but don't know anything about them, not even their full names.

also, where to go to get the best (aka lowest) price for manfrotto tripods?

thanks in advance for any and all advice given =D
    Hi there,

You can follow the link here.
    莫问前程有愧,只求今生无悔. Time pasts, Places changed, Beauty faded, what is left are Photos of Memories…

tripods and tripod head can buy from Jack006...very good service, and with the Benro tripods and heads he carries, whether the aluminum or carbon fibre ones, good value for money

why not turn such FAQ into a sticky?

Quote Originally Posted by djork View Post
    why not turn such FAQ into a sticky?
    i believe there is already a few of this information hidden in many sticky already.

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    tripods and tripod head can buy from Jack006...very good service, and with the Benro tripods and heads he carries, whether the aluminum or carbon fibre ones, good value for money
    Jack006? which store is that? and what's the address?

Quote Originally Posted by tenglw86 View Post
    Jack006? which store is that? and what's the address?
    sorry, should have been clearer...that is his nick on this forum...send him a pm or go to his threads