Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: has anyone heard of...

  1. #1

    Default has anyone heard of...

    Create Talents ? A modelling agency.

    Can anyone give any comment abt it? much thanks =)

  2. #2

    Default Re: has anyone heard of...

    erm please? i need some help...
    btw, it is located @ singapore shopping centre

  3. #3

    Default Re: has anyone heard of...

    Quote Originally Posted by hub_bo View Post
    Create Talents ? A modelling agency.

    Can anyone give any comment abt it? much thanks =)
    Little teenage girls approach hundreds of people a day in Orchard area to join these agencies, in hopes that the ego of these people clouds logic and common sense, and start paying $$$ for "portfolios" and "marketing efforts"

    do a quick google search on the agency you are asking about, i.e: "createtalents singapore", and read up.

  4. #4

    Default Re: has anyone heard of...

    Quote Originally Posted by sandyforever View Post
    Little teenage girls approach hundreds of people a day in Orchard area to join these agencies, in hopes that the ego of these people clouds logic and common sense, and start paying $$$ for "portfolios" and "marketing efforts"

    do a quick google search on the agency you are asking about, i.e: "createtalents singapore", and read up.
    Yep jus search it, some sae is true while other say is not... how should i decipher ?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: has anyone heard of...

    Quote Originally Posted by hub_bo View Post
    Yep jus search it, some sae is true while other say is not... how should i decipher ?
    how old are you?
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  6. #6

    Default Re: has anyone heard of...

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    how old are you?
    Erm does that matter ? I was asking on behalf of my fren, she got scouted. FYI she is 18

  7. #7

    Default Re: has anyone heard of...

    Quote Originally Posted by hub_bo View Post
    Erm does that matter ? I was asking on behalf of my fren, she got scouted. FYI she is 18
    yanyewkay asked for your age because the answer to your initial question is already very obvious. You friend is not "scouted", more like "about to have pockets emptied".
    If your friend is really interested in the industry, apply to reputable companies and see if she gets accepted or rejected.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: has anyone heard of...

    Quote Originally Posted by sandyforever View Post
    yanyewkay asked for your age because the answer to your initial question is already very obvious. You friend is not "scouted", more like "about to have pockets emptied".
    If your friend is really interested in the industry, apply to reputable companies and see if she gets accepted or rejected.
    ok maybe 18 isn't too mature an age to start knowing how the world works so can be forgiven. any older and you'll get a slap from a trout from me.

    Jokes aside. There are genuine photostudios that do scout of fresh faces for model shoots. However, these model shoots are generally those you find in clubsnap. Informal and quite simple. No skills needed. So if you need to pay in order to be groomed..you're better off choosing your own modelling agency. If they're willing to PAY you and groom you. that's a different story.. Then perhaps you (or your friend) really got some potential.

    Models wannabes? or Carrot cake wannabes?
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  9. #9

    Default Re: has anyone heard of...

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    ok maybe 18 isn't too mature an age to start knowing how the world works so can be forgiven. any older and you'll get a slap from a trout from me.

    Jokes aside. There are genuine photostudios that do scout of fresh faces for model shoots. However, these model shoots are generally those you find in clubsnap. Informal and quite simple. No skills needed. So if you need to pay in order to be groomed..you're better off choosing your own modelling agency. If they're willing to PAY you and groom you. that's a different story.. Then perhaps you (or your friend) really got some potential.

    Models wannabes? or Carrot cake wannabes?

    I know I might get flamed for this...
    but the "cheapest" way is to go for a tfcd, pass the studio the photos, wait for calls then pay necessary $ for whatever courses?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: has anyone heard of...

    in the case of TFCD.. yes it's a good way to offer the model-hobbyist's time to be shot. In some(most) cases, they do share the cost of MUA and transport. From there, they can build up a "portfolio".

    But blindly throwing your "portfolio" to every studio...

    I don't know the path to modelling glory so I can't advise too much on this part. I think it's better to just tie up with some free-lance modelling agency, they keep you on their namelist and show your pics to potential customers and earn the commission and pay you the remaining amount, something like a 'manager'.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  11. #11

    Default Re: has anyone heard of...

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    in the case of TFCD.. yes it's a good way to offer the model-hobbyist's time to be shot. In some(most) cases, they do share the cost of MUA and transport. From there, they can build up a "portfolio".

    But blindly throwing your "portfolio" to every studio...

    I don't know the path to modelling glory so I can't advise too much on this part. I think it's better to just tie up with some free-lance modelling agency, they keep you on their namelist and show your pics to potential customers and earn the commission and pay you the remaining amount, something like a 'manager'.

    That was the case with create talents. Free lance modelling but they require my friend to pay $350 for her portfolio

  12. #12

    Default Re: has anyone heard of...

    Quote Originally Posted by hub_bo View Post
    That was the case with create talents. Free lance modelling but they require my friend to pay $350 for her portfolio
    Sounds more like, "thank you for your $350 and you will never hear from us again"
    Want to join my company? It's called Create Fools.

  13. #13

    Default Re: has anyone heard of...

    Quote Originally Posted by sandyforever View Post
    Sounds more like, "thank you for your $350 and you will never hear from us again"
    Want to join my company? It's called Create Fools.
    dun need create 1 la.. there is a large pool in this world le.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •