Thread: How To Stop Content Provider From Sending Me SMS Regarding Dell Promotion

Default How To Stop Content Provider From Sending Me SMS Regarding Dell Promotion

As above, how can I stop the content provider from sending promotional SMS to my handphone.

I have been receiving SMS regarding Dell promotion from this two senders, 79777 and 77877. I believe they are the same content provider as their message format are very similiar.

The method they provide in the message to UNSUB was invalid.

Default Re: How To Stop Content Provider From Sending Me SMS Regarding Dell Promotion

Quote Originally Posted by tanhb View Post
    As above, how can I stop the content provider from sending promotional SMS to my handphone.

I have been receiving SMS regarding Dell promotion from this two senders, 79777 and 77877. I believe they are the same content provider as their message format are very similiar.

Complain to Dell. Your phone company is not in control of the broadcast list of numbers.

Deregistered

Default Re: How To Stop Content Provider From Sending Me SMS Regarding Dell Promotion

Quote Originally Posted by tanhb View Post

call your operator and ask them who is sending you these messages...your operator will know who but they cannot help u on anything apart from giving you the company number...

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    Complain to Dell. Your phone company is not in control of the broadcast list of numbers.
    Ya. Was thinking of calling Dell.

Quote Originally Posted by westwest1 View Post
    call your operator and ask them who is sending you these messages...your operator will know who but they cannot help u on anything apart from giving you the company number...
    Yes. I called them in Dec last year to check on the caller 77877. They gave me a tel no. to call, so I called that company to UNSUB.

Yesterday, I received another SMS from 79777, I guessed they are the same people so I called that tel no. again, but this time the guy that pick up the call said their company does not deal with all this promotion SMS, their company work on mobile games.

I was confused. Within one month that tel no. changed owner already.

I called Singtel again to check on 79777 but they do not have any record for 79777, they do have records for some other 77XXX numbers.

The most angry part is, I follow the instructions in the SMS to UNSUB, the number that I reply to was invalid. It seem that the content provider deliberately want to cheat.

I called Singtel and got this number: 6880 8590 (belongs to a company called Maven Lab, dealing with voting and content delivering). Haven't tried to call yet, but will do so later.

Just called them, they said they are the charging party. Let's see if my unsubscription request goes through successfully...