View Poll Results: What printer do you use?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hewlett-Packard

3 17.65%
  • Canon

5 29.41%
  • Epson

8 47.06%
  • Others

1 5.88%

Thread: What printer do you use to print your photos?

Thumbs up What printer do you use to print your photos?

Post your brands here... laserjet/dyesub also welcome! If not listed, just post with the brand.

I myself, use a HP 930C. I don't really care about the ink cost because I use a B/W laserjet to print everything else

Edited to include cost...
    Epson Stylus Photo 2100 - cost 521.00
    Ink Cartridges - 8.90 for Photo Black & Matte Black, 9.90 for Cyan, Light Cyan, Magenta, Light Magenta, Yellow & Light Black.
    Total cartridges required - 7 (with either Photo Black or Matte Black)
    Last edited by SzennyBoy; 18th February 2003 at 10:25 PM.

could you guys post the cost of the printer and cartridges as well? Thanks in advance

When I bought my 930c, the printer itself was about $250.
    Cartridges are $50 *each* for black and colour, but I don't worry about that too much because they last me an entire year (I've only had to change cartridges once so far in 1 year).

I don't buy the other brands because I print colour only once every few weeks/months, so the cartridges of Epson/Canon dry out even before I can use them (I owned a Canon BJC-600, BJC-4200 and an Epson Stylus Colour 400).

Nice thing about the HP cartridges is that they *never* dry out.

The HP gives really good printouts, period.

Default What printer do you use?

Hp print cartridge has expiry date. Once passed the date, got ink also have to throw.

Default epson 830

epson 830! cheap and good!

Fujifilm Frontier 350 Digital Minilab

Regards
    CK

Digital output:

Kodak Pegasus
    Durst Lambda

via the prolab I use
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Using HP Deskjet 970CXI Professional Series bought @ roughly 599 SGD... Ink @ 50+ SGD... This printer is quite good for me... i haven't changed the cartridge since last yr Jan. Use it most of the time to print Mobilephone Mini Posters... for my Shop last time. All the while using HP photo paper, glossy..quite good at printing pictures.

sas
    Guests

use Epson Photo Stylus 875DC. Cost of printer. Cost of ink catridge. Ask the buyer.. which is, not me. hehe. I'm only the user and perhaps the spoiler, if anything.

Originally posted by kindred
    Using HP Deskjet 970CXI Professional Series bought @ roughly 599 SGD... Ink @ 50+ SGD... This printer is quite good for me... i haven't changed the cartridge since last yr Jan. Use it most of the time to print Mobilephone Mini Posters... for my Shop last time. All the while using HP photo paper, glossy..quite good at printing pictures.
    Me using the same printer too!

Although I think the photo print quality isnt as good as the Epson Stylus 810 The ink cartridge lasts A LOT longer (altho its also more expensive -- abt 100 bucks for a set).

That said, at max print resolution and if printed on decent photographic paper, the prints are still pretty good!

Text printing is excellent esp with its double sided printing module attached!

Anyone has any comments abt the HP 5550? Price seems to have dropped 40 dollars down to 215

Tomshardware said it was a pretty gd printer with excellent prints

Expensive ink though

Default Canon S520

I bought my Canon S520 for $239. Came with a faulty unaligned print head, but was quickly fixed by their customer service staff. Extremely fast, virtually silent,with moderately good prints. Epson does produce better prints, but only slightly and they are much noisier and expensive to run.