Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 119

Thread: HELP - being held hostage by camera maker

  1. #81
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    I love my cup & coaster!
    Posts
    754

    Default Re: HELP - being held hostage by camera maker

    Quote Originally Posted by Uvlux View Post
    Thanks for such cheerful reply

    i am pondering my mind on how best to slove this ..

    i am a reasonable person .. with a problem . small and cheap as it can be .. i would want to slove it in a win win way .
    Get the Canon Ixus 850 IS Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

  2. #82

    Default Re: HELP - being held hostage by camera maker

    Well even as you say that we are missing the point, I think you miss the point of many who have tried to tell you something.

    1) Repairing is not a mechanised procedure where things go in assembly lines. They can probably make a completely new camera from scratch in a couple of hours in their factory lines for a fraction of what they could making one camera, but they'll probably take a few days to a week to diagnose, test and repair your broken camera to ensure that it is in perfect working order. Now THAT is good after sales service.

    2) Even as you complain that the costs are too high, and yes, granted that the repair costs may be too high sometimes due to the different dynamics that are required to make good the broken parts, MNCs are as they are - MNCs. They don't run charity organisations. Even their repair centre is a profit centre. They CAN do away with the repair centre. They DO NOT need to have it. But it is only because they WANT to provide an after sales service that they have it. Hence, even repair centres CANNOT lose money.

    3) The only point most people are trying to tell you is that, the costs are not as unreasonable as it may seem. No doubt you may be able to get the LCD for $50, then after that, you could try fixing it yourself. Open up the camera and take a look, I bet you won't know where to start from.

    4) I don't think that the people here are giving you crap or bullshit. They're simply giving you a realistic idea of what goes on there and many of them are correct. If you do not accept their viewpoints then what's the point of saying that others are not giving you good advice? What is good advice to you? Someone who comes along and shouts and raves "YES! I THINK WE SHOULD BOYCOTT THEM!" ?? You are not seeking for advice, you are seeking for pity and self-confirmation. Too bad you don't get this in here.

  3. #83
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dreamy Nikon Land
    Posts
    2,874

    Unhappy Re: HELP - being held hostage by camera maker

    Quote Originally Posted by Uvlux View Post
    sigh... .. so much comment but so little who give a damn .anyway thanks for some advice on address and many unless and in fact helpless advice .
    If you think that those who are in favour with your 'rantings' are those who are giving you a damn, then so be it. If you think that those who leaves a frank comments and trying to explain to you what the reality and justifications, are ppl who doesn't give you a damn... So be it.

    If you think that we don't give a damn is kind enough to spend our time giving you good tips and making things clearer for your benefit, then looks like we are the fool.

    Sorry for not giving you a damned which you so foth demanded.

    I apologise and hope that you will have a good life ahead.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

  4. #84

    Default Re: HELP - being held hostage by camera maker

    well if you have no other advice .. why repeat what otehrs had said .. if your idea of advice is repeat what others said .. thanks. i don't need more of such advice .

    what boycott? gosh i wondering if those who reply is just ...
    anyway too lazy to even say more .

    -
    look at it which ever way you like . i care less about those who repeat what others had already said .

    and i would stick to my saying .
    if you have notthign better to say .. just keep it to yourself .
    no need come rubbign in here to show you have a pcs of action .

    This is not a thread to show off who can repeat the same advice or who is right or wrong ..

    plus .. since non of those affected most of the people who comment . i strongly suggest those who care less and think less keep their words . and save you whole lot of trouble . trying to find someone to blame .

    those world is getting so cold ...
    maybe is not the MNC is cos we care less that why MNC can hold us by our neck .

    .

    i wish everyone the best . and is tired of copy cat reply . or finger pointing reply .

    - sigh ... i was told careful what you post here cos alot of people notthing better to do would spend their time picking line and showing off how tehre can be part of the action..

    this thread prove it all. . we got people adding oil we got people repeating what that had been said . like some chanting going on .. gosh ..

    least some had a a few joke which is less serious ..

    chill ok .
    i love both canon and nikon .
    been a user for about 18 years now for both brand .
    i own many nikon camera and a few canon .

    so let not carry on if you have notthing NEW to say .
    and same Thanks to those who care to think before there reply in my shoe .

    if you can't slove the problem don't add to it . . least have some respect for yourself . not me

  5. #85

    Default Re: HELP - being held hostage by camera maker

    Quote Originally Posted by Uvlux View Post
    well if you have no other advice .. why repeat what otehrs had said .. if your idea of advice is repeat what others said .. thanks. i don't need more of such advice .

    what boycott? gosh i wondering if those who reply is just ...
    anyway too lazy to even say more .

    -
    look at it which ever way you like . i care less about those who repeat what others had already said .

    and i would stick to my saying .
    if you have notthign better to say .. just keep it to yourself .
    no need come rubbign in here to show you have a pcs of action .

    This is not a thread to show off who can repeat the same advice or who is right or wrong ..

    plus .. since non of those affected most of the people who comment . i strongly suggest those who care less and think less keep their words . and save you whole lot of trouble . trying to find someone to blame .

    those world is getting so cold ...
    maybe is not the MNC is cos we care less that why MNC can hold us by our neck .

    .

    i wish everyone the best . and is tired of copy cat reply . or finger pointing reply .

    - sigh ... i was told careful what you post here cos alot of people notthing better to do would spend their time picking line and showing off how tehre can be part of the action..

    this thread prove it all. . we got people adding oil we got people repeating what that had been said . like some chanting going on .. gosh ..

    least some had a a few joke which is less serious ..

    chill ok .
    i love both canon and nikon .
    been a user for about 18 years now for both brand .
    i own many nikon camera and a few canon .

    so let not carry on if you have notthing NEW to say .
    and same Thanks to those who care to think before there reply in my shoe .

    if you can't slove the problem don't add to it . . least have some respect for yourself . not me
    You seem to have nothing better to do too replying too all our "nonsense". The purpose of repeating is because you don't get our point. Just as we don't get your point. Period. Perhaps your thoughts are so advanced that I'm sorry, we cannot follow them. Maybe you could do better finding better answers at Yahoo! answers.

  6. #86

    Default Re: HELP - being held hostage by camera maker

    Quote Originally Posted by Uvlux View Post
    those world is getting so cold ...
    maybe is not the MNC is cos we care less that why MNC can hold us by our neck .
    Well, you're obviously looking for pity, much like a 5-year-old child. But you're not going to get it.

    MNC's hold us by our neck? Huh?? Except for Microsoft, a convicted monopolist, you're dead wrong. Don't tell me that Nikon is your only choice! If you feel like Nikon "betrayed" you, don't buy them anymore. There. Simple. Nikon doesn't hold you by the neck, because you have many, many alternative vendors.

    So your el-cheapo camera has expensive parts. Whoopdeedo. So the part you broke was the most expensive. Too bad. Go cry in a corner, and when you feel better, get a second-hand one off ebay, switch to a different brand, or get your old one fixed for $200.
    Last edited by Rashkae; 16th January 2007 at 04:48 PM.

  7. #87

    Default Re: HELP - being held hostage by camera maker

    Quote Originally Posted by Scaglietti View Post
    Wish you all the best... ... Hopefully you need not resort to marching around with placards in front of the Nikon Service centre.

    BC

    Or, please do, and tell us when/where so we'll have a CS outing and can practice our live-action shots... We can even call the riot police to capture those graphic "police violence" shots.

  8. #88

    Default Re: HELP - being held hostage by camera maker

    .. i see people enjoying this thread . good to know.
    say what you like ok .

    as you blah blah blah on . at the end of the day . i still face the same problem .

    i would take some of the advice which is helpful .. and of cos just read some of the crap that is being type out cos is fun to read .. how negative some people is .

    . what yahoo answer ?

    anyway . go on if you enjoy .. have the last words if you like

    since so many is enjoying a pcs of the action .. why stop the fun .

    i do enjoy reading funny reply .
    i am not here to look for people to agree with me or pity me ..
    assume all you like .

    I had met many people before online and off line .. usually is the online one that say the most and do the least .
    take this thread lightly and chill ok .

    is just need a open minded comment .
    not some ego cheering . or post bashing .

    you'll need to relax .. i don't even worry as much as you worry about me now .

    thanks for caring .
    and SMile

  9. #89

    Default Re: HELP - being held hostage by camera maker

    Quote Originally Posted by Uvlux View Post
    .. i see people enjoying this thread . good to know.
    say what you like ok .

    as you blah blah blah on . at the end of the day . i still face the same problem .

    i would take some of the advice which is helpful .. and of cos just read some of the crap that is being type out cos is fun to read .. how negative some people is .

    . what yahoo answer ?

    anyway . go on if you enjoy .. have the last words if you like

    since so many is enjoying a pcs of the action .. why stop the fun .

    i do enjoy reading funny reply .
    i am not here to look for people to agree with me or pity me ..
    assume all you like .

    I had met many people before online and off line .. usually is the online one that say the most and do the least .
    take this thread lightly and chill ok .

    is just need a open minded comment .
    not some ego cheering . or post bashing .

    you'll need to relax .. i don't even worry as much as you worry about me now .

    thanks for caring .
    and SMile
    Thanks for the great fun. I know all these are not going to make the manufacturers drop the repair prices of the lower end models but it is really something to ponder about. I think most of us will enjoy this thread because it is real and if we were in a similar situation we would have reacted the same way considering that the camera was only a week old.

    Like someone else mentioned earlier. I bought a Lexmark printer ages ago thinking that I would not print much from it. Later, when my printing volume went up, I really felt the pinch because a set of ink is already half the price of a new printer. And if I buy a new printer it would come with a new set of ink too.... I later sold the printer away.. cheaply.
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 16th January 2007 at 05:03 PM.

  10. #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dreamy Nikon Land
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: HELP - being held hostage by camera maker

    Quote Originally Posted by Uvlux View Post
    you'll need to relax .. i don't even worry as much as you worry about me now .
    If you are not even taking care of yourself as much as we are worrying about you, then perhaps its not worth us worrying about you is what you are trying to say?
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

  11. #91

    Default Re: HELP - being held hostage by camera maker

    I do enjoy myself with the many reply and advice .

    and also many who assume i don't know MNC and how logistic and production work .

    anyway too lazy to go into it .
    is hard to set what is fair .

    but from what i see.. this world is getting Cold ,

    people are just too serious .
    in fact some are even more serious then me .
    and see my problem bigger then it seem .

    strange how one cup tea can be another one bitter slip

    many thing that i did not said is assume upon me .
    but then is kinda fun also . to see from many point of view .

    Like the topic said .

    yes i have a choice .

    here my spec .
    AA battary
    5 cm less macro .
    small and compact
    about $250
    2 inch of large LCD
    tel me if you have a spec profile ok .
    After much choosing L4 Fit my spec Best ..

    and also it MUST BE IN STOCK .
    . if you have question do feel free to ask i would try my best to answer you .
    if you just want part of this bashing action .. do carry on and enjoy yourself



    someone say some joke here . this room is getting stressful

  12. #92

    Default Re: HELP - being held hostage by camera maker

    Quote Originally Posted by Uvlux View Post
    someone say some joke here . this room is getting stressful
    egoistic prick you really are! ..... and someone defined that as a jerk!
    always the Light, .... always.

  13. #93

    Default Re: HELP - being held hostage by camera maker

    Yep, I know how you feel. I crashed my Celica once, and the 'authorised mechanice' by the insurance company. I've sworn off both the insurance company and the branded mechanic for the rest of my life. They claimed that the repair is $48000, and the insurance went back on its word to pay. $48000. Much more than the cost of making the car itself. Including the parts and labour. So yes, I know how you feel.

    Your options are simple. If you like Nikon enough to use it, but not repair it, just buy another. If you don't, swear off Nikon altogether. There're so many decent PNS manufacturers these days, I think you can easily break free from this 'hostage'.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uvlux View Post
    SO .. if you go BUY a CAR . and when your car is damage -
    and you need to change a Value or wire . and Honda or mitsubishi come telling you that would be 90% of your car cost
    how would you feel ?

  14. #94

    Default Re: HELP - being held hostage by camera maker

    if it only as easy as a Car.
    by the way i have 3 Celica . and is my Fav cars .

    one of it have a engine swap to a 1GFE V6 engine . 2000cc
    i collect classic cars and restore them ..

    Well i don't mind being a egoistic prick . or a jerk .. and which ever name you like to call me .
    but while one finger point at me rem three is pointing at yourself .

    .
    yes i like Nikon cos there do make good camera .. poor after sale service , i just got to know .

    soon we will rech a 100 post .. in just half a day work

    thanks for the support.

    go on assume what you like ok

  15. #95

    Default Re: HELP - being held hostage by camera maker

    Quote Originally Posted by Uvlux View Post
    yes i have a choice .

    here my spec .
    AA battary
    5 cm less macro .
    small and compact
    about $250
    2 inch of large LCD
    tel me if you have a spec profile ok .
    After much choosing L4 Fit my spec Best ..

    and also it MUST BE IN STOCK .
    .
    Hahaha.. Like I said earlier, go back to the service centre and tell them their repair is too expensive, would they consider giving you a discount if you buy another one to replace it. If not, go for another brand. For all you know, they might fix it for you free since it's still under warantee, they might make some concession for you. You just need to talk nicely to them. To the techs, they are just doing their job but they are still human, they may sympathise with you. They have the parts, just that they need to account for it when they use it. Or ask them to waive the manpower and charge only for the LCD because it's still under warantee. I'm sure they can do something for you if you just ask them nicely.
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 16th January 2007 at 05:50 PM.

  16. #96

    Default Re: HELP - being held hostage by camera maker

    Quote Originally Posted by Uvlux View Post
    if it only as easy as a Car.
    Pardon me, but what's the difficult part? It's a dang PnS camera.

  17. #97
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    260

    Default Re: HELP - being held hostage by camera maker

    Quote Originally Posted by shinken View Post
    Yep, I know how you feel. I crashed my Celica once, and the 'authorised mechanice' by the insurance company. I've sworn off both the insurance company and the branded mechanic for the rest of my life. They claimed that the repair is $48000, and the insurance went back on its word to pay. $48000. Much more than the cost of making the car itself. Including the parts and labour. So yes, I know how you feel.

    Your options are simple. If you like Nikon enough to use it, but not repair it, just buy another. If you don't, swear off Nikon altogether. There're so many decent PNS manufacturers these days, I think you can easily break free from this 'hostage'.
    OUCH !!!

  18. #98

    Default Re: HELP - being held hostage by camera maker

    Quote Originally Posted by Uvlux View Post
    Well i don't mind being a egoistic prick . or a jerk .. and which ever name you like to call me .
    but while one finger point at me rem three is pointing at yourself .
    We're not calling you names. Those "names" are from your own public profile. So it's you who's pointing all fingers at himself.

  19. #99
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    I love my cup & coaster!
    Posts
    754

    Default Re: HELP - being held hostage by camera maker

    Throw Nikon away, get the Canons

  20. #100
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: HELP - being held hostage by camera maker

    Quote Originally Posted by Uvlux View Post
    if it only as easy as a Car.
    by the way i have 3 Celica . and is my Fav cars .

    one of it have a engine swap to a 1GFE V6 engine . 2000cc
    i collect classic cars and restore them ..

    Well i don't mind being a egoistic prick . or a jerk .. and which ever name you like to call me .
    but while one finger point at me rem three is pointing at yourself .

    .
    yes i like Nikon cos there do make good camera .. poor after sale service , i just got to know .
    You have 3 celica and collect classic cars but have a lot of noise for $250 compact camera with Nikon name on it . You really asking for trouble.

    Hope you get good answer from Nikon or Nikon will be under you .

    Regards,
    Arto.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •