Well even as you say that we are missing the point, I think you miss the point of many who have tried to tell you something.
1) Repairing is not a mechanised procedure where things go in assembly lines. They can probably make a completely new camera from scratch in a couple of hours in their factory lines for a fraction of what they could making one camera, but they'll probably take a few days to a week to diagnose, test and repair your broken camera to ensure that it is in perfect working order. Now THAT is good after sales service.
2) Even as you complain that the costs are too high, and yes, granted that the repair costs may be too high sometimes due to the different dynamics that are required to make good the broken parts, MNCs are as they are - MNCs. They don't run charity organisations. Even their repair centre is a profit centre. They CAN do away with the repair centre. They DO NOT need to have it. But it is only because they WANT to provide an after sales service that they have it. Hence, even repair centres CANNOT lose money.
3) The only point most people are trying to tell you is that, the costs are not as unreasonable as it may seem. No doubt you may be able to get the LCD for $50, then after that, you could try fixing it yourself. Open up the camera and take a look, I bet you won't know where to start from.
4) I don't think that the people here are giving you crap or bullshit. They're simply giving you a realistic idea of what goes on there and many of them are correct. If you do not accept their viewpoints then what's the point of saying that others are not giving you good advice? What is good advice to you? Someone who comes along and shouts and raves "YES! I THINK WE SHOULD BOYCOTT THEM!" ?? You are not seeking for advice, you are seeking for pity and self-confirmation. Too bad you don't get this in here.
If you think that we don't give a damn is kind enough to spend our time giving you good tips and making things clearer for your benefit, then looks like we are the fool.
Sorry for not giving you a damned which you so foth demanded.
I apologise and hope that you will have a good life ahead.
well if you have no other advice .. why repeat what otehrs had said .. if your idea of advice is repeat what others said .. thanks. i don't need more of such advice .
what boycott? gosh i wondering if those who reply is just ...
anyway too lazy to even say more .
look at it which ever way you like . i care less about those who repeat what others had already said .
and i would stick to my saying .
if you have notthign better to say .. just keep it to yourself .
no need come rubbign in here to show you have a pcs of action .
This is not a thread to show off who can repeat the same advice or who is right or wrong ..
plus .. since non of those affected most of the people who comment . i strongly suggest those who care less and think less keep their words . and save you whole lot of trouble . trying to find someone to blame .
those world is getting so cold ...
maybe is not the MNC is cos we care less that why MNC can hold us by our neck .
i wish everyone the best . and is tired of copy cat reply . or finger pointing reply .
- sigh ... i was told careful what you post here cos alot of people notthing better to do would spend their time picking line and showing off how tehre can be part of the action..
this thread prove it all. . we got people adding oil we got people repeating what that had been said . like some chanting going on .. gosh ..
least some had a a few joke which is less serious ..
chill ok .
i love both canon and nikon .
been a user for about 18 years now for both brand .
i own many nikon camera and a few canon .
so let not carry on if you have notthing NEW to say .
and same Thanks to those who care to think before there reply in my shoe .
if you can't slove the problem don't add to it . . least have some respect for yourself . not me
MNC's hold us by our neck? Huh?? Except for Microsoft, a convicted monopolist, you're dead wrong. Don't tell me that Nikon is your only choice! If you feel like Nikon "betrayed" you, don't buy them anymore. There. Simple. Nikon doesn't hold you by the neck, because you have many, many alternative vendors.
So your el-cheapo camera has expensive parts. Whoopdeedo. So the part you broke was the most expensive. Too bad. Go cry in a corner, and when you feel better, get a second-hand one off ebay, switch to a different brand, or get your old one fixed for $200.
Last edited by Rashkae; 16th January 2007 at 04:48 PM.
.. i see people enjoying this thread . good to know.
say what you like ok .
as you blah blah blah on . at the end of the day . i still face the same problem .
i would take some of the advice which is helpful .. and of cos just read some of the crap that is being type out cos is fun to read .. how negative some people is .
. what yahoo answer ?
anyway . go on if you enjoy .. have the last words if you like
since so many is enjoying a pcs of the action .. why stop the fun .
i do enjoy reading funny reply .
i am not here to look for people to agree with me or pity me ..
assume all you like .
I had met many people before online and off line .. usually is the online one that say the most and do the least .
take this thread lightly and chill ok .
is just need a open minded comment .
not some ego cheering . or post bashing .
you'll need to relax .. i don't even worry as much as you worry about me now .
thanks for caring .
Like someone else mentioned earlier. I bought a Lexmark printer ages ago thinking that I would not print much from it. Later, when my printing volume went up, I really felt the pinch because a set of ink is already half the price of a new printer. And if I buy a new printer it would come with a new set of ink too.... I later sold the printer away.. cheaply.
Last edited by lsisaxon; 16th January 2007 at 05:03 PM.
I do enjoy myself with the many reply and advice .
and also many who assume i don't know MNC and how logistic and production work .
anyway too lazy to go into it .
is hard to set what is fair .
but from what i see.. this world is getting Cold ,
people are just too serious .
in fact some are even more serious then me .
and see my problem bigger then it seem .
strange how one cup tea can be another one bitter slip
many thing that i did not said is assume upon me .
but then is kinda fun also . to see from many point of view .
Like the topic said .
yes i have a choice .
here my spec .
5 cm less macro .
small and compact
2 inch of large LCD
tel me if you have a spec profile ok .
After much choosing L4 Fit my spec Best ..
and also it MUST BE IN STOCK .
. if you have question do feel free to ask i would try my best to answer you .
if you just want part of this bashing action .. do carry on and enjoy yourself
someone say some joke here . this room is getting stressful
Yep, I know how you feel. I crashed my Celica once, and the 'authorised mechanice' by the insurance company. I've sworn off both the insurance company and the branded mechanic for the rest of my life. They claimed that the repair is $48000, and the insurance went back on its word to pay. $48000. Much more than the cost of making the car itself. Including the parts and labour. So yes, I know how you feel.
Your options are simple. If you like Nikon enough to use it, but not repair it, just buy another. If you don't, swear off Nikon altogether. There're so many decent PNS manufacturers these days, I think you can easily break free from this 'hostage'.
if it only as easy as a Car.
by the way i have 3 Celica . and is my Fav cars .
one of it have a engine swap to a 1GFE V6 engine . 2000cc
i collect classic cars and restore them ..
Well i don't mind being a egoistic prick . or a jerk .. and which ever name you like to call me .
but while one finger point at me rem three is pointing at yourself .
yes i like Nikon cos there do make good camera .. poor after sale service , i just got to know .
soon we will rech a 100 post .. in just half a day work
thanks for the support.
go on assume what you like ok
Last edited by lsisaxon; 16th January 2007 at 05:50 PM.
Throw Nikon away, get the Canons