Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for the Strait time photographer who shot this Vietnamese Girl

Default Looking for the Strait time photographer who shot this Vietnamese Girl

Posting this on behalf of my female friend.

Er..Sorry for posting this post. On 13th January 2007, at Kallang National Stadium, my friend was shot (treat it as a candid shoot) by a journalist photographer during the Singapore v.s Vietnamese football game.

And her photo was on Strait time on the next day ( i think so)..It is a beautiful shoot and she loves to have a softcopy of that. We don't know the photographer. So is this legal to ask the photographer for a softcopy of that photo? I understand that the photo is copy righted by the photographer so I just ask whether the person in the pic could have a softcopy of that because it is just a too beautiful picture for her..She asks this just for herself to keep and no other request.

Please PM me if you are the person who shot it and I will send you more proof (or even meet up with her to collect the softcopy)..If you want to charge for that picture, pleas quote us..Thank you in advanced.

Dear mods, I know I'm quite noobie to ask this but if this thread offend anyone or you find out it stupid and ignorant, please help me to delete it. And could you help me to delete it after 1 week since it contains her private photo (as her request).Thank you so much and sorry for my stupid troublesome..

Thanks everybody for reading until here.....
    A person is useless unless he is standing up for himself, for his future, and for his dreams.

Default Re: Looking for the Strait time photographer who shot this Vietnamese Girl

i dun think it's wrong to do this, and good luck in ur search.

check in the article to see if the photographer was credited, and contact straits times directly to try ur luck?

Default Re: Looking for the Strait time photographer who shot this Vietnamese Girl

Don't think it's possible to get a soft copy. If the photographer is working for Straits Times / SPH, Copyright resides with the newspaper. If hobbyist photographer, might be possible.

The best you could do is scan the picture using flatbed scanner at 300dpi, 600dpi if the picture is small.
    Pentax K-5 K10D ME FA35 50f1.4 DA12-24 DA17-70, Tamron 70-200, Polar 85f1.4, Sigma 17-70
    My Flickr

Go down to the News Centre at Toa Payoh North,
    goto the reception counter,
    tell them u want to buy a foto.
    They will direct u to the library where u can purchase the photo.
    Best to bring a copy of the paper also, so they know which archive to look for.

i ever bought pictures that I liked before. They said no to softcopy and charged $50 for an 8R sized photo..
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

if there refuse - maybe you can sue them for using the photo without knowledge for their gain . there do make profit sleling the paper .
    whahahahhhah
    i don't think a soft copy would be too much to ask .

i think asking for a personal softcopy would be fine. however, there is no privacy law that would allow your friend to challenge the straits times for taking a photo at a public event.

As what Areality has stated, just drop by SPH Newscenter and approach the Information Resource Center(3rd Floor) staff to purchase the softcopy.

TS, PM me details of the pic and ur personal details, i'll try asking ST for the pic

TS, i don't see the pic in Jan 14th Sunday Times...pls PM me the page number and date of the pic if u pls

Smile Re: Looking for the Strait time photographer who shot this Vietnamese Girl

ask sph. not the photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by standingup View Post

Er..Sorry for posting this post. On 13th January 2007, at Kallang National Stadium, my friend was shot (treat it as a candid shoot) by a journalist photographer during the Singapore v.s Vietnamese football game.

And her photo was on Strait time on the next day ( i think so)..It is a beautiful shoot and she loves to have a softcopy of that. We don't know the photographer. So is this legal to ask the photographer for a softcopy of that photo? I understand that the photo is copy righted by the photographer so I just ask whether the person in the pic could have a softcopy of that because it is just a too beautiful picture for her..She asks this just for herself to keep and no other request.

Please PM me if you are the person who shot it and I will send you more proof (or even meet up with her to collect the softcopy)..If you want to charge for that picture, pleas quote us..Thank you in advanced.

Dear mods, I know I'm quite noobie to ask this but if this thread offend anyone or you find out it stupid and ignorant, please help me to delete it. And could you help me to delete it after 1 week since it contains her private photo (as her request).Thank you so much and sorry for my stupid troublesome..

Smile Re: Looking for the Strait time photographer who shot this Vietnamese Girl

ask sph or straits times. not the photographer.

and he is the same guy who posted this comment not too long ago .....

-Vietnamese is cunning and dishonours. If they know you are foreigner, die liao. So please speak Vietnamese to them..Who can????

-Vietnamese in Singapore I think almost at Joo Chiat and Geylang. Hopeless.
    The ones in University are damn arrogant, unfriendly, speak too loud in the lectures.

-Vietnamese girl are not pretty . Who say they are, please correct me by evidence..
    always the Light, .... always.

don't think the picture is in ST...

saw this girl's picture in the new paper though. is that the one you're looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    and he is the same guy who posted this comment not too long ago .....
    Don't cry because its over,:)Smile because it happened.
    items for sale

i have 2 other pics of the same girl, but nt the one in your first thread. TS PM me if you want them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannic View Post
    Do note that the photographs you have mentioned, unless is taken by you without using your press pass for the event, do not belong to you. You can be liable for legal action if you are found stealing from the archives.
    Be careful, its not worth it if you are risking your neck for it...

Bring your friend down and tell them it's a copyrighted photo of her person.

Hi everybody,
    Sorry my late reply cos a very tired day..Thank you so much for all your replies. Really appreciate your helps. All replies post actually help me alot.

Thanks to Master of Wedding Photo jOhO, CY_OH (Pentax Master),AReality (...er..always see his post of guiding newbies),yanyewkay,Uvlux,economy_rice,reachme2003, pai,Gannic,gundugundu, kiwitan and especially evenstar ( walao know his face through the post of Mattlock but I didnot dare to say hello when saw him at the stadium bcos I was shy .)

Er...Thanks in advanced..

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitan
    Er no bah..Never want trouble just because she loves that shoot too much....

Quote Originally Posted by pai
    saw this girl's picture in the new paper though. is that the one you're looking for?
    Thanks pai..I think my mistake it might be in the chinese paper..I didnot remember..sorry..sorry..I think only 1 of her photo on the newspaper only..and that's the one..
    Last edited by standingup; 16th January 2007 at 10:03 PM.
    A person is useless unless he is standing up for himself, for his future, and for his dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannic View Post
    Do note that the photographs you have mentioned, unless is taken by you without using your press pass for the event, do not belong to you. You can be liable for legal action if you are found stealing from the archives.
    there's sth called asking for permission before downloading from archives...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast